The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #1
*MJF*
No longer truckless

76 project 4X4. probably overpriced

My wife wants to buy a house here in the bay area which means we will need to take out loans from everyone we know to come up with the down & cash out our 401K's to pay closing. I wanted to see if anyone is interested in a overpriced truck that has potential.

My project is a 76 3/4 ton lwb pickup. It has 8 lug 44 front & 14BFF(my best guess from the axle id page here), SB 400/T400/205. As of right now the truck is still apart. The cab & front clip are off, the motor/tranny is in place but unbolted.

The engine/tranny came out of a running 79 GMC so once it's hooked back up, it should run. I have basically enough parts to get this truck back together, make it run, & eventually pass smog. It has a 4" lift.

It comes with 3 sets of doors all with their own different problems, & 1 set of door skins to repair a set. Spare front driveshaft & other little stuff like that.

I will sell it all & tow it to your house(in the bay area only) for $1200. This is what it wil need for sure: exhaust done(pipes are cut at about the back of the cab & no mufflers), tires(teh tires on it wouldn't be safe on the road but are fine for rolling it around), & the spot where the bumper bolts mount to the frame up front is cracked(I was assuming it could be welded, but I've been wrong before).

If anyone's interested, I will set the cab on, bolt down the engine/tranny, & deliver it to you.

Mike

Last edited by *MJF*; 09-03-2002 at 06:32 PM.
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
*MJF*
No longer truckless

Edited with a new price. Need money for closing costs. $1200
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote