The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #26
grumpyolddog

Re: s10 v8

would it be possible to take off the outer fender while leaving the wheel well on the truck?
yes.
grumpyolddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
hipasschev94

ok i need alittle more help, my haynes manual doesnt say anything but im guessing there is one more bolt for the fenders hidden under the cowl, but how do i take off the wiper arms so i can take off the cowl
Old 11-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
67mater

should be a little tab sticking out from under the wiper arm; lift that (curved trim panel tool works good" shave it, twist, push, pull, cuss like hell, and it MIGHT eventually slide off. good luck!

1967 K10
1967 Camaro
67mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #29
hipasschev94

alright i worked on some of the windows got the new back window in then the passenger door window was the only one that still had tint on it so i peeled of the tint and tried taking off the residue then got tired of that so i just tried putting in my spare window but then after i spent almost 2 hours working on figuring out how to get it to go back together then once i finally get it it shatters all over my arm, im calling it a night. anyone got any tips for getting the residue off of the window left by the tint?
Attached Images

Last edited by hipasschev94; 11-13-2011 at 02:05 AM.
hipasschev94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #30
hipasschev94

these are the last of them
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #31
hipasschev94

ok i decided i couldnt sleep till i got alittle more done on the truck so i started cleaning the old window (found a pretty slick way to get the residue off) then put that window in did every test i could think of with limits to make sure it would work right and it passed with alill tweaking, then started sanding the box where ima do the first pacthes then went through all this spare sheet metal my dads friend gave me to use for patching ill feather out the top alittle more tomorrow....
red solo cup, i fill you up, proceed to party, lets throw a party
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #32
hipasschev94

ok i was talking to my girlfriend about putting in a sunroof on it and she thinks that would comprimise some of the structural suppport, i didnt think much of it till i found the sunroof im going to put in it then i started thinking so ima post it up here, if i put in the sunroof would it comprimise any of the structure strength? i dont think it would..
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #33
hipasschev94

this is roughly where i want it,i gotta have it moved back because i have a visor going on it and ill be doing way more precise mesurments when i get around to putting it in but would it comprimise the stucture strength by putting it there or would it be fine?
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #34
hipasschev94

sorry about all the flip flopping on what im doing, it started out as a engine swap went to a restoration then never was consistant on what i was working on lol well now i got it singled to 2 things for now. patching the box then the engine, i finally got the computer for the 350 then got the new sheet metal cut out so tomorrow im going to be cutting out the old metal then hopefully start welding in the new metal a little bit. that was just the rough pic of it but now i have it completely cut out
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #35
BarryB

as for you sunroof, no it won't take any of the strength out of the cab. Some S10's came factory sunroof installed. As for the placement you need to keep to has close to center as possible. If you have to, cut the visor to clear the sunroof.
I used to have a toyota pickup long time ago. I put a sunroof in it, then installed a cab visor. I cut the visor to fit the sun roof. real easy to do. I wrecked the yota but still have the visor. LOL!

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #36
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
as for you sunroof, no it won't take any of the strength out of the cab. Some S10's came factory sunroof installed. As for the placement you need to keep to has close to center as possible. If you have to, cut the visor to clear the sunroof.
I used to have a toyota pickup long time ago. I put a sunroof in it, then installed a cab visor. I cut the visor to fit the sun roof. real easy to do. I wrecked the yota but still have the visor. LOL!
lol thats gotta be a good story at the campfire about totaling the truck but still having the visor, but ive been doing research on the sunroofs and i think im going to pass on it for now id love to have it but i havent heard anything good on a sunroof going into a vehicle that wasn't made to have one, ive heard of 8 out of 10 leaking even if they were professionally installed.. maybe sometime down the road i might do a roof swap with a s10 that had the factory sunroof
Old 11-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #37
hipasschev94

well made some progress today, got the old sheet metal cut out then started sanding off all the paint to bring it down to bare metal on the new sheet metal
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #38
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Nice job!
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #39
hipasschev94

just updating on some progress yesterday i went and fixed most of the surface rust areas on the box then put a coat of paint over the bare metal for when i have the box sitting outside for a while then i scraped the flaking rust off of the inner wheel well and put some paint over that then finally started welding on the body patch, should have more progress pics up later tonight
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #40
hipasschev94

alright here is the last for tonight got tac welds holding it then have the top weld grinded down and finishing welding tomorrow or before the weekands out
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #41
hipasschev94

well heres some more.. im almost done with the patch panel and i finally talked my girlfriend into working on it with me hopefuly this works out good and she learns some, then i started taking apart the dash just for somthing to do when i needed a small brake from welding and grinding. im having problems with burning through on the side though anyone have any welding tips for that? ive been putting the welder on the lowest setting and it will work sometimes but still most of the time it still burns through..
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #42
hipasschev94

well i was able to do some welding today and patched up all my welding holes i burned through, i got it almost all the way done to be able to do the final grinding, ill post pics hopefully tomorrow
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #43
Gyawo

Little late for some welding tips, but here are what I have learnt so far anyways. I made patch panels for my '86 K5 on the rear of the floor. If you keep on blowing through then the metal you are welding to is still too thin/weak, which in that case you just have to try to quickly zap it and fill it in. You can always grind it down slowly and smooth it out, try not to build it up too much, just means you have to do more grinding. Unfortunately the lowest setting isn't always the best idea, to be honest I bought myself a fancy Miller welder, the Miller 140 autoset (stacey david told me to :P), and that thing welds like a dream, specially since it is only 110. You just have to find a setting that doesn't feed it too fast or get too hot before you get enough wire down. I am not a welder myself though, just a hobbyist, so asking some guys at the body shop doesnt hurt!
Gyawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #44
hipasschev94

ya i talked to a guy at my work and hes a good enough welder to be able to weld aluminum foil lol but thats what i did.. heres whats done now, im doing the last of my grinding on this side then im done then i got that bed railing to look foward to, then finally got my girl out in the garage and shes working on that last pic got payed and buyin some new parts. anyone in minnesota if i put a roll pan on this for looks would this still be street legal here? i think you can top out at somewhere around 25"
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #45
Gyawo

A roll pan should be legal anywhere, as long as your license plate is displayed in a visible location. I have a roll pan on my 1995 s10, came stock right from the General himself. I just stick my plate inside my cab against the window to deter plate theft. Haven't had any problem where I live. Never hurts to check with the local law enforcement though.
Gyawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyawo View Post
A roll pan should be legal anywhere, as long as your license plate is displayed in a visible location. I have a roll pan on my 1995 s10, came stock right from the General himself. I just stick my plate inside my cab against the window to deter plate theft. Haven't had any problem where I live. Never hurts to check with the local law enforcement though.
ya the only thing is where i live we have hight restrictions that once it goes so high you have to have a drop bumper im sure i got space to play because you just have to have something attatched to the bumper that can withstand atleast a 5 mph impact and i have a drop hitch welded onto the frame but from the stock s10 tahoe 4x4 mine has a 4" suspension lift and a 3"body
Old 12-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #47
hipasschev94

finally done with this side until a start with the mudd, put a quick coat of paint over it so it doesnt rust at all the im giving up on the roll pan idea and just going to sand down my bumper and repaint it since the metal is still perfect so now im holding off on the bed rail till i get the steel tubing so in the mean time i got the bumper striped all the way down and thats it for tonight and figured out what color im going with once i spray it and thats gunna look sweet the pic doesnt do justice to how good the paint really looks
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #48
hipasschev94

heres my project for today. im fixing the triniun instead of buying a new one and saving me 10 bucks lol. sweet all the things you can do with a little peice of scrap metal you find on the floor
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #49
hipasschev94

alright im done with the trunnion, worked on a couple odd and end then decided i was bored enough that i was going to work on my girlfriends side alittle bit lol sorry babe got the sanded down alittle bit cut out then was trying to get the wire mesh in but that isnt working so well so im thinkin i just might spend another week working on welding up sheet metal on that.. all in all id say its goin pretty smooth
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #50
hipasschev94

i finally got the F$@!& wiper arms off!! haha i win this round XD got the cowl off and the outer fenders going to save 70 and repair my inner wheel wells and debating about repairing my better fender which will be some work but save me 50 ill post pics sometime soon