The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #51
Getter-Done

Re: 67-72 Facebook groups. Why the huge following compared to here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
When I sell parts on this site I post them $10-20 dollars cheaper than I have listed on Craigslist. Funny thing, lots of the guys who bought parts were site members so I gave them the forum member price. If they mention Fakebook the price increases 20%.

Pisses me off when a company doesn't have a normal website and only has FB or IG page. I just want to buy a product, I ain't trying to "Follow" anyone and don't care how may followers you have. I try and buy my parts from vendor who support this forum.

Social media makes me puke. If I want to be social I will go to a local cruise or hit up a car show.

Rant over.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #52
A1971Blazer

As I posted earlier...I use FB a lot to buy and sell....
Just happened to run across this as soon as it was posted...
The guy ordered the Altman latch kit and they sent two by mistake...free to him....a smokin' deal to me....

Name:  Screenshot (383)_InPixio.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  49.3 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:40 PM   #53
A.Delaney

I had been trying recently to join here but registration is still closed. I thought I had joined years ago and forgot what my login was. When I tried the forgot my password feature I wasn’t getting an email from the forum. I thought well maybe I never did join then. I ended up finding the email days later in my junk mail. Woohoo! I made it back! So the only reason I am here right now is because I found my old login. Otherwise you can’t join. I am a member on YellowBullet forum. There was a post made by a member there a couple days ago looking for information. He tried joining here with no luck. I have no idea why admins would close registration but this will surely hurt this place. It’s a shame because this is the best place for information on these trucks.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #54
OldCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Facebook is for people who just want to say something. This forum is for people who want to say something with content.
"Long live 67-72chevytrucks.com!"

I love this site!
1970 K3500 1ton CrewCab 8.1L/Allison1000/NP205 Dana 60/14B!!!! - Sold
1984 K10 SWB 7.4L/4L80e/NP208 Corp 10/12 bolt Sold
1988 V30 CCLB 7.4L/TH400/NP205/Dana 60/Dana 70/3.73!!! (Sold)
2003 K2500HD 8.1/Allison1000/NP263
OldCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #55
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Delaney View Post
I had been trying recently to join here but registration is still closed. I thought I had joined years ago and forgot what my login was. When I tried the forgot my password feature I wasn’t getting an email from the forum. I thought well maybe I never did join then. I ended up finding the email days later in my junk mail. Woohoo! I made it back! So the only reason I am here right now is because I found my old login. Otherwise you can’t join. I am a member on YellowBullet forum. There was a post made by a member there a couple days ago looking for information. He tried joining here with no luck. I have no idea why admins would close registration but this will surely hurt this place. It’s a shame because this is the best place for information on these trucks.
This might help answer the question:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=825826
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #56
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
This might help answer the question:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=825826
Answers the question but certainly not the problem. This is a serious problem that needs a solution. I know, easier said than done, and I am not able to help or I would. But this is really hurting this place. Certainly doesn't help stem the flow to other newer more trendy options. For now, it answers the question "67-72 Facebook groups. Why the huge following compared to here?". We've got a vicious cycle going here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 12:02 AM   #57
Getter-Done

Quote:
Answers the question but certainly not the problem. This is a serious problem that needs a solution. I know, easier said than done, and I am not able to help or I would. But this is really hurting this place. Certainly doesn't help stem the flow to other newer more trendy options. For now, it answers the question "67-72 Facebook groups. Why the huge following compared to here?". We've got a vicious cycle going here.
I always like your responses like this.

I say (Let a Sleeping Dog { alone} /Lie)

This Site will be True when others Fail

Old 12-23-2021, 01:07 AM   #58
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

One thing I'd kinda like to see added here is the ability to "like" a post. I know it sounds stupid, but it gets people more involved, as you get a notification for it as well (like face space).

This is another forum I'm on (vintage-mustangs.com) and it looks like this. In this instance everyone "liked" the thread, but there's also options to laugh, love, sad, and angry to the post.

I recently did a post about something I'm going through personally and I got a ton of great positive responses. I didn't want to or feel the need to respond to every single post, especially since some of the posts were very personal to that person and I wanted to leave it at that, but I'd like people to know I did take the time to read every single post and it would be nice if I could "like" the posts I didn't specifically reply to.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:42 AM   #59
special-K
Special Order

Thanks Getter

I kind of like that we have to actually type something and not just push a button. Keep it short if you want, but I feel this is part of this site having actual content of value. I personally feel these devices we carry is having a disconnect affect for many in our society. They need to be kept in their place, not become the place. And since this scammer/spammer issue is too much to handle, I certainly don't want to ask for anything additional from our overburdened administrators.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #60
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Life happens in such a way that there is always going to be some attrition. Because of that, I try to support the site and the members and therefore the hobby, because this site is a good resource and I'm thankful for it. But there are things that the administrator and some moderators could do to make people feel more welcome, respected, and appreciated. For example, it would go a long way if they would simply send us a PM if they need to correct or remove something we've posted. After all, there wouldn't be much content without the site members contributing. Add to that, new registration was down for days and may still be down. And then there are the folks who register and wait for months to have their registration confirmed so that they can post. Maybe someone can let us know why new members are not a higher priority? When I joined 6 years ago, I spent all of my time in the square section. Traffic there is 20% of what it was 6 years ago, if that. And let's just say, that those trucks have not gotten less popular. If you don't interact on other parts of the board, it gets to where it's hardly worth signing in for. I've found a lot of value and a lot of cool people here and I hope that continues. That's why I'm willing to comment on some things that I think need attention so that the board has continued vitality.
If you would like to be a volunteer and help us resolve the issues, just shoot me a PM. We have a limited staff that mostly work full time jobs and have families as well.

6 years ago I sat here 50 plus hours a week doing things. People pm and email day and night expecting immediate answers like a huge company. My kids come first now. 6 Years ago, Josh soley ran the site. Now he works 13 hour days. We could had sold out years ago, but folks asked us not to, nor did we want to. I would love to sit and explain why things happen the way they do, but I dont have that kind of time this week

As for registration, it is indeed off. If it was on you would have 10k or so spammers to chat with. I could just wipe the entire que of folks waiting and turn it back on.. but I go through every account and check it and weed the bad out. I also take care of folks from that fb page that have issues here. They contact us and let us know they need help getting on etc. I take the time and fix that.

As far as why are the fb pages popular, they have a huge membership but not so much quality content. Some business owners try to use it as their personal promotion page. Some people do not know about the forum. The issue we had was fb decided 67-72 was spam. So I could not link and redirect folks back here for months. We fought them and won it. So the group can direct folks here again for answers.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will get it fixed. And again, please Pm and let us know if you want to volunteer. If not just keep posting and sharing and keeping this place the best there is.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #61
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
One thing I'd kinda like to see added here is the ability to "like" a post. I know it sounds stupid, but it gets people more involved, as you get a notification for it as well (like face space).

This is another forum I'm on (vintage-mustangs.com) and it looks like this. In this instance everyone "liked" the thread, but there's also options to laugh, love, sad, and angry to the post.

I recently did a post about something I'm going through personally and I got a ton of great positive responses. I didn't want to or feel the need to respond to every single post, especially since some of the posts were very personal to that person and I wanted to leave it at that, but I'd like people to know I did take the time to read every single post and it would be nice if I could "like" the posts I didn't specifically reply to.
Me too, but upgrades are needed. Maybe
Old 12-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #62
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
I answered this is a post as well, but wanted to say, if you ever have a question or issue just PM. I am glad you found a way back.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #63
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Yep I know what you mean. I wish we as staff could help out more with this, like we’ve talked about recently. It’s a shame knowing new membership is off, but at the same time I totally get why. I’ve not had a good opportunity to update the build date thread recently and it’s about 3 months behind being up to date for similar reasons Liz posted. I get it 100%.

Liz, as always I’m just glad you guys have kept up with this site so much when you really didn’t have to, I know we all are truly grateful for that. Thanks For the time and effort you and Josh put into this place!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #64
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Facebook is about worthless to me, maybe marketplace is ok. But I love this site and met some great people through this site. I have gotten valuable info and shared a little too. I appreciate the workers here and understand things take time and life has its priorities. Merry Christmas all and here's to 2022 being a great year. God Bless

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:06 PM   #65
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
this site is not letting new members join, admin has blocked it for some reason...i have a friend that tried to join and cant....
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:27 PM   #66
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
this site is not letting new members join, admin has blocked it for some reason...i have a friend that tried to join and cant....
Link: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=825826

Link: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ht=new+members

Old 12-28-2021, 06:06 AM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Marketplace is Facebook, too, and can be about worthless. I normally cut my own firewood, but I saw firewood for sale close by at a reasonable price that I just have to have because it is locust. I have responded three times and still no reply. Did this person just post for the sake of posting (such as what happens on the truck groups) or does he want to sell some firewood?? I have cash in hand and if the first load looks good, I want another. Bam Bam two cords sold and delivered before lunchtime. The last message I told him willing to come pick it up. I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
Or, just read the thread. It's a true problem created by spammers. That's the 'some reason'. Tell your friend and ask him to please be patient, that he'll find this place is worth waiting for.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 12-28-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #68
A.Delaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I answered this is a post as well, but wanted to say, if you ever have a question or issue just PM. I am glad you found a way back.
Thanks. I’m sure it’s a daunting task to screen every new registration. There still seems to be a few new threads here and there in the welcome area. Maybe there are a few new registrations still getting in?
Old 01-14-2022, 11:37 AM   #69
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Thanks. I’m sure it’s a daunting task to screen every new registration. There still seems to be a few new threads here and there in the welcome area. Maybe there are a few new registrations still getting in?
Yes. I have been manually adding accounts all along for folks, as well as working through the ones registered.

Any of yall that have the fb group can help redirect folks back here. You can link totm, you can link posts that are interesting, you can answer a question there with a link here. FB banned the site link for a while. David, Josh and I fought them for months. They allow them again. We should use them there.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:53 PM   #70
special-K
Special Order

YAY!! Good prevails over evil once again!!

Tim

Old 01-24-2022, 09:48 PM   #71
In The Ten Ring

Most people follow trends and Farcebook is very trendy.

In fact I think it's Farcebook usage that's rather killed off most discussion forum use.

As for me, left FB in 2017 and never looked back. Don't miss it a bit. Starve the beast.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:13 AM   #72
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Most people follow trends and Farcebook is very trendy.

In fact I think it's Farcebook usage that's rather killed off most discussion forum use.

As for me, left FB in 2017 and never looked back. Don't miss it a bit. Starve the beast.
I believe you're right. I can't see why if you are actually looking for info or how to. The stuff in the FB groups is filled with a lot of dumb BS IMO.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:57 PM   #73
A.Delaney

Current Users
100 members
1500 Guests

Seems people still browse the site for the information.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:55 AM   #74
duallyjams

I'm not on FB. I am on IG how ever, it's an easy way to see shows and events that happen all over.

I love this site, it has the best resource for info on our trucks period.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote