The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
UltimateNate37

Custom Concepts 68

Hows it goin guys. Got the truck home a couple of weeks ago. progress has been slow due to honey do's and some remodeling to the garage Hope everyone had a great holiday and look forward to getting to know more of you this year!
Attached Images

UltimateNate37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
SaltyC20

Re: Custom Concepts 68

Hey Nate. What are the plans for the truck? I just started on a 68 C20 this month and am here in PHx also.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
UltimateNate37

Hi Salty 20. Plans are pretty extensive for the truck. A lot of sheet metal mods including firewall, inner fenders, drip rails, bed (was a long bed and needs to be shortened) dash, trim removal. The chassis is already on air but i want to make it a little lower (not on the rockers but lower), boxing the frame with custom cross-members. I haven't decided what drive train to use yet but I'm leaning heavily to the LS side. I'm going for a clean pro touring look but autocross handling. The truck actually started out as a C20 so i might be able to help with some parts off of the original chassis. What are the plans with your 68? I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
SaltyC20

My plans are pretty basic - make everything I touch better. I am hesitant to completely disassemble because of limited space. So I am doing my work in phases.

I would like to keep the patina, but have some bodywork that may make that difficult. As for the suspension, I just finished rebuilding a front end out of a 74 C20 that will give me power steering and disc brakes. I plan to add some drop springs to the rear trailing arms and have already taken a coil out of the front springs. I want to completely restore the interior, but have some kicker patch panels to add. Lastly, I need to chop this bad boy into a short bed.

The timeline is TBD, I have my first kid coming in February and am not sure how that affects things. Are you in the East Valley?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #5
UltimateNate37

Thats awesome! Sounds like you have a good start already. I look forward to seeing how it comes together. I'm located in the north valley in Cave Creek.