The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #651
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: tuba trucks

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:06 AM   #652
realvc

Very cool build. I've always liked carryalls.
It looks like all you need to do is the rest of it to be finished.
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #653
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

I love all trucks that you are doing. Great work on all of them. In Post #635 the seat below is pictured. I am trying to find out what the fabric material is out of and the search on SMS Fabrics has changed since I last used it and no longer lets me search with "fawn" as a choice.

What is that fabric out of? I know it is not the same fabric a the 1965 Deluxe C10 Seat Fabric. Any help would be great, Thanks!
Attached Images

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #654
clemdaddy

Hi Karl, Sorry man I can't help you. It is a fabric that I bought from an upholstery shop that was going out of business. I bought a bolt of it and have done a dozen or so trucks but now it's gone. If I were you I would go by a few shops and see if there's anything you like. I hear ya about SMS... expensive but good stuff. And they have the original patterns.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #655
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
Hi Karl, Sorry man I can't help you. It is a fabric that I bought from an upholstery shop that was going out of business. I bought a bolt of it and have done a dozen or so trucks but now it's gone. If I were you I would go by a few shops and see if there's anything you like. I hear ya about SMS... expensive but good stuff. And they have the original patterns.

Thanks Clem. I was hoping that was not the issue. I will have to spend some time at the local shop once I get that far.

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #656
LT7A

I stumbled upon this thread and really enjoyed it! I knew of Tuba Trucks just a little bit, from Grizz's build thread on his Blazer. I had no idea! All the stories, trucks, events, cats, dogs, it's all really cool.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:03 PM   #657
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Very nice
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #658
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I stumbled upon this thread and really enjoyed it! I knew of Tuba Trucks just a little bit, from Grizz's build thread on his Blazer. I had no idea! All the stories, trucks, events, cats, dogs, it's all really cool.
Thanks, I appreciate it and welcome to the story. Grizz is a great friend and I'm glad the world is loosening up enough that we may see him soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Very nice
Appreciate it sir... and appreciate all you do for our builds as well as everyone elses on the forum.

We got a little time on the brownish-fawnish 66 deluxe. The front sheet metal was worked and painted, Got the air conditioning working good and the under dash vents installed. The truck was fired and broken in so the mechanicals are good, the bed is body-worked and ready for final blocking before paint, and the owner opted for a different and fancier seat.
Thats it for now... the energy at the shop has shifted to the '63 GMC patina build and we will post progress on that next time.
A big Thanks to the Tuba Trucks crew...
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #659
The Rocknrod

Sweet ride man. I like your work.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #660
joesscamaro

Clean and classy looking.
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #661
clemdaddy

The fauxtina 63 GMC we've been working on has taken a new twist. Our good friend Marc in Austin, owner of Moment Motor Co. will take this Jimmy and convert it to electric drive. He will install the complete drive train consisting of a 300HP electric motor mounted where the transmission would normally be and a pack of 10 batteries under the hood to create a total electric drive "E-20" GMC.
The owner is in Up-State NY and has a vineyard with pollution free vehicles and wanted a farm truck to complete his herd... so here ya go.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #662
Grizz1963

That is a very cool thing for you to be involved in Clem

At the end of the day, progress is progress as Ta2Don used to say, and Progress is inevitable

I am sure you will update us and the Tuba Trucks website as it unfolds.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #663
SixFiveJelly

Looking forward to getting my old lady back to Clem's shop in the next month or two. One more big push and with any luck she'll be thundering down the road under her own power soon!

Super cool to covert one of these trucks to electric. I'm hoping to pass my truck on to my kids some day and have just been daydreaming. I figure it'd be ready for another refresh after a few decades and maybe a good time to convert it to electric. Electric vehicles are great and I see the advantages, but I'd sure miss that rumble of all all 8 cylinders!

p.s. If anyone gets a chance to get by Tuba Trucks, I highly recommend it. If you're a fan of 60-66 C10s, this place is a must.

J. B.
SixFiveJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #664
clemdaddy

Hi JB,
We'll be glad to get your lil' hotrod truck back in here and hopefully get her finished.
I agree with you on the sound of a rumblin' V8, nothing like it. We had a hot 350 and turbo 400 in the E-20 but when we sold it and found out what the new owner was going to do... it sounded like a good thing. We pulled the gas motor and finished out the patina work. Marc came up from Austin and did a 3D scan of the engine compartment to build the battery trays and plan out what else he needed us to do. Really the further we got in to it, the more it made sense. Besides it's always good to team up with your buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFiveJelly View Post
Looking forward to getting my old lady back to Clem's shop in the next month or two. One more big push and with any luck she'll be thundering down the road under her own power soon!

Super cool to covert one of these trucks to electric. I'm hoping to pass my truck on to my kids some day and have just been daydreaming. I figure it'd be ready for another refresh after a few decades and maybe a good time to convert it to electric. Electric vehicles are great and I see the advantages, but I'd sure miss that rumble of all all 8 cylinders!

p.s. If anyone gets a chance to get by Tuba Trucks, I highly recommend it. If you're a fan of 60-66 C10s, this place is a must.

J. B.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #665
SixFiveJelly

Cool, I'll be interested in hearing how the conversion turns out. I'm a huge fan of these C10s and even though I have my preferences like everyone else, I can certainly appreciate lots of different takes on building one up. Super modern, completely stock, rat rod, patina, restomod... Whatever keeps them on the road! If being able to convert it to electric keeps it on the rolling and out of the junkyard, all the better.

J. B.
SixFiveJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #666
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
That is a very cool thing for you to be involved in Clem

At the end of the day, progress is progress as Ta2Don used to say, and Progress is inevitable

I am sure you will update us and the Tuba Trucks website as it unfolds.
[QUOTE=SixFiveJelly;8931301]Cool, I'll be interested in hearing how the conversion turns out. I'm a huge fan of these C10s and even though I have my preferences like everyone else, I can certainly appreciate lots of different takes on building one up. Super modern, completely stock, rat rod, patina, restomod... Whatever keeps them on the road! If being able to convert it to electric keeps it on the rolling and out of the junkyard, all the better.

Thanks Grizz and JB
Here is an update on the 63 GMC. 1st pic- Truck arrives to the Moment Motor's super clean workshop. 2nd- engine bay coated with talc powder and covered with little dots to make a 3D scan. 3rd pic- actual 3d scan. 4th- electric brake system. 5th- beginning of the motor conversion. I will get more pics and info as the guys at Moment Motor progress...
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #667
pdxhall

You've got yourself into it now. This will be one of great mods in our hobby. Congrats, my friend. I'm happy you are a part of it.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #668
350TacoZilla

Cool project for sure! I'm a fan of performance and utility so as long as the vehicle can be used for its intended purpose I dont care what is powering it, that said I hate chevy's half cocked approach with just slapping batteries in bed or rear floor (C10 and K5 they did) where they cant actually be used for anything other than commuter.

Plus the more electric vehicles out there the more dino fuel left for me lol.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #669
clemdaddy

OK, here we go guys. It's Toy Drive time of year again. Any who would like to join us for the party and truck show this year please give us a shout out. We can sleep about a dozen comfortably here at the shop and you won't want to miss Kim's shrimp boil with all the trimmings. The total electric GMC E-10 is the feature truck for this year's t-shirt. Shirts are completely free with a donation of some toys. Can't make it but want a shirt or want to support a great cause, Mail some toys to Tuba Trucks 1798 E. Huntsville Rd., Fayetteville, AR 72701. Include a mailing address and your shirt will be on the way. Thanks, it's all about the kids who wouldn't have a Christmas without your help.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #670
Grizz1963

Clem, sadly I will not make it this year.

But, please post your last post into my thread as well, different people read different threads.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #671
Grizz1963

This weekend is the yearly charity toy run that we have visited a few times before at Tuba Trucks in Fayetteville in Arkansas.

Run by Clem and Kim Johnson the entry ticket to the whole day including food, live music and friendship is a kids toy.

Dennis used this as a deadline for taking his 1966 Nascar C10 there along with partner of more than 25 years, Deb, she makes an amazing breakfast too,

So last night the truck was loaded.

This morning.

On the road…..

Dennis relaxing.

And eventually Arkansas

And then Clems place.

And there you have it.

@pauly dreams of this truck.

We all want 800plus bhp in a 2015 NASCAR racing truck camouflaged as a 1966 C10

Or don’t we.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:45 PM   #672
clemdaddy

Thanks to all those that sent toys and or money for toys. Lots of kids will have a great Christmas because of your thoughtful generosity. There was a total of 43 bikes and 36 contractor bags stuffed full of new toys. What a haul... Each year we deliver them to elementary schools in our town and they distribute to the families that need them. It's truly a heartfelt effort and the folks that donate make it a success.

Thanks again guys
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #673
clemdaddy

About a year ago or so we started on a 63 custom cab short-bed with small back glass. We installed a RamJet 350 crate and new 4l60E plus a 3:55 posi. A static drop, Classic Instruments cluster, Vintage Air and power everything done in that great baby blue and white 2 tone paint. One of the highlights is the Belair look in the interior. The seat and glove box have Chevy script touches. All that's left is the rest but we're on it.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #674
joesscamaro

Looking nice and clean, like always!
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #675
88Stanger

Nice work!!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless