The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #1
HeavyHauler

Is it possible to install front fender trim without removing fender on 1968 Chevy C10

There is a piece of trim located on the very front nose on fenders of some 1968 Chevy C10. The trim looks like a upside down L. Is it possible to install that trim without taking off the fenders?
HeavyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
pjmoreland

Re: Is it possible to install front fender trim without removing fender on 1968 Chevy

It is possible. I did this recently. You will have to contort your hand to get it in there, especially for the top nut.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
HeavyHauler

Re: Is it possible to install front fender trim without removing fender on 1968 Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
It is possible. I did this recently. You will have to contort your hand to get it in there, especially for the top nut.
Okay yep. I went out and tried it and I can will be able to get it.

Can anybody post a pic of where the holes are supposed to be on the fender. I purchased a aftermarket fender and need to drill the holes but I am not exactly sure where they should be drilled.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
sick472

EDIT, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong trim. Disregard if so. EDIT...I am a boob! Nevermind me!

Try this...

http://outintheshop.com/faq/trim/trim.html

I would suggest that you really pay attention to how the trim on the door matches the original dimensions...you don't want the trim to be mismatched at the door/fender gap.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20

Last edited by sick472; 04-30-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I am a boob
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:20 PM   #5
HeavyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
EDIT, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong trim. Disregard if so. EDIT...I am a boob! Nevermind me!

Try this...

I would suggest that you really pay attention to how the trim on the door matches the original dimensions...you don't want the trim to be mismatched at the door/fender gap.
That is a awesome diagram and I will need that in the future. But I need the very front of fender the "eyebrow" type trim that goes above the headlight and also runs down side of the headlight.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
pjmoreland

Here's a photo. I don't have this fender anymore, so I can't take measurements.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #7
Woodnears

This is good stuff! Anyone have a similar drawing for 67-68? Are they the same? Haven't ordered trim yet but would like to get everything drilled before all the body work.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #8
HeavyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Here's a photo. I don't have this fender anymore, so I can't take measurements.
That is awesome and thank you! At least I can get it close to where the holes need to be.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #9
Jim Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post

Try this...

In the pictures there is a line marked #30. Do you or anyone know where and how you arrive where this line is on the trucks. All the measurements are taken off this line but I have never been able to find out what this line is. Sorry for the highjack but this has been driving me nuts. I asked one time before but didn't get a suitable answer.
Jim Boy is offline   Reply With Quote