The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #2901
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

And further more...

I always check after posting and delete since it happens to me so much. But the posts also take forever to post. I waited and thought I had deleted it. Guess I got pulled away by the deer incident.

So the 'other' county was not picking up the phone and not calling back. The idea was to call first thing to give them a fair chance to fit it into their schedule today. I tried the second time after another half hour, no answer. I never did get a call-back. The neighbor I've known since before I lived here drove by, I waved and pointed down at the doe. He stopped and backed up. I tell you, that '90s 3500HD with an empty flatbed was looking good to me about then. But he didn't offer to haul her and I didn't ask. But... as I told him the difficulty I was having, he says "Too bad she isn't in the road. You could call 911 and report it as a road hazard". I thanked him for the great idea! A road crew guy was here in 45 minutes

EDIT: Yep. Had to delete a duplicate

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:00 PM   #2902
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Do they come out and scrape up dead skunks, too?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:14 PM   #2903
special-K
Special Order

I couldn't wait that long even if they did! . I'm usually a take matters into my own hands kind of guy. This is the first time I've had to deal with a struck deer right in my yard. I've stopped and dealt with struck deer up and down this road more times than I can count. But with my pickup not available and beings this stretch of road has houses, meaning I'd need to take it pretty far to not be dumping my problem on someone else, I went for put my tax dollars at work. I had a busy day planned, too. I cut the grass while waiting and after the doe was removed, errands in town, set window air units, go do some work on the job, then up to my buddy's shop to replace the multi-function switch on the '95 Suburban. I also have a job at his neighbor buddy's place to look at, which sounds interesting.

I know this guy through my buddy and have hung out with him. A few years ago his neighbor put his small farm up for sale and Mark bought it. It's an old place, log house, mortise & tenon barn, summer kitchen, and all. A tree fell on the summer kitchen, shifted it on it's foundation, and gave the building a decent lean. He hired a crane to remove the tree and it sprung back a little. This is an insurance job and the contractor that repaired the roof damage on his house told him this building would be a knock down/build new thing. He's not having that. He knows I do historic, creative, and/or challenging jobs and have saved a carriage house that had an 18" lean and a twist to it. That thing wanted to be laying on the ground and I brought 'er back. I'll save a structure if at all possible and that's what the owner wants.

EDIT: Yeah, that duplicate thing 3 posts in a row. A funny thing that also happens is once I delete the duplicate, which also takes a long time to happen, I get taken back to Pete's original post. Dang gremlins

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-30-2022, 04:45 PM   #2904
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I like the look of the Cragars. But I've always loved the Cragar S/S's. So I am biased. Believe it or not I have never owned a vehicle with them on it and I've owned a helluva lot of cars.

Congrats on the new job. And the car, and having a cool kid.
yeah, guess that's what i meant, the S/S series. their timeless and classic and sho do look good!
we'll stay with the 15 inchers size so it's a bit cheaper, cause if he burns the tires, 15's are cheaper and a dime a dozen around here.
been quite a week FleetsidePaul. monday got fired, tuesday got a job, and then even managed to get the kid mobile...
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #2905
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Looks like that freaky double post gremlin is at it again!

I love Cragar S/Ss a lot, too. I'm just showing my age and I guess personality. Buy the time those cars came out I had already been a solid truck nut and the only cars I liked were '72-back (but for a few exceptions. I see Cragars S/Ss as right for the time period vehicles I mentioned. But I don't expect everyone to see things the same as I do. People are drag racing those cars and Cragars fit in there just fine. I like the look of that red one and realize for a teenager this is an awesome car. If there are any teenagers driving a '72 or earlier Firebird they were probably born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
yup, same here, any car i like is '72 and down.
and if we found an older firebird, that would be going in MY name, i have 2 fav cars and one is a '67 'bird, only prob i was born with a wooden spoon in my mouth...lol.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:52 PM   #2906
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Do they come out and scrape up dead skunks, too?
got 2 dawgs that love skunk if ya wanna borrow them Special K
Old 06-30-2022, 05:03 PM   #2907
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Hopefully there is no wrecks for him
Here I think there is restrictions on when you can drive and how many passengers .
That $900 seems very reasonable
My youngest was a show off and didn't work well for him and then he got a motorcycle and that tested mom and dads nerves , we begged him to get rid of that thing.
yup, he does have some restrictions here too. it's a graduated program, you get your "L" (learners) and can only drive with a licensed driver and your not allowed on the freeway or out after 11pm. then he did his road test and got his "N" (new driver) can hit the road by his self now without a licensed driver along for the ride.
when you do have your "N", your only allowed 1 passenger, unless it's family, then any amount is OK, no daylight/nightime restrictions and can use any road or highway
the $900 is somewhat reasonable, should be cheaper cause me and wife have almost 40 yrs each wit no accidents...but that's why it's also only $900, we both have 40% safe drivers discount and we both have Roadstar savings
Old 07-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #2908
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I know this guy through my buddy and have hung out with him. A few years ago his neighbor put his small farm up for sale and Mark bought it. It's an old place, log house, mortise & tenon barn, summer kitchen, and all. A tree fell on the summer kitchen, shifted it on it's foundation, and gave the building a decent lean. He hired a crane to remove the tree and it sprung back a little. This is an insurance job and the contractor that repaired the roof damage on his house told him this building would be a knock down/build new thing. He's not having that. He knows I do historic, creative, and/or challenging jobs and have saved a carriage house that had an 18" lean and a twist to it. That thing wanted to be laying on the ground and I brought 'er back. I'll save a structure if at all possible and that's what the owner wants.
I got up there, looked at that summer kitchen, multi-function switch replaced, and finished my heater control conversion. Then it was grill burgers and drink beer.

This poor old building. Mark had plans to fix it up and use it as a summer kitchen and I'm going to make that possible. It's ruff but I'll see it through. He grilled the burgers on the porch of it, yet. Plans are for a brick pizza oven, griddle, grille, whatever. He even has a N.O.S farm sink and faucet. It is an old plumbing supply house display
Attached Images

Tim

Old 07-02-2022, 12:27 PM   #2909
Getter-Done

Quote:
I got up there, looked at that summer kitchen, multi-function switch replaced, and finished my heater control conversion. Then it was grill burgers and drink beer.

This poor old building. Mark had plans to fix it up and use it as a summer kitchen and I'm going to make that possible. It's ruff but I'll see it through. He grilled the burgers on the porch of it, yet. Plans are for a brick pizza oven, griddle, grille, whatever. He even has a N.O.S farm sink and faucet. It is an old plumbing supply house display
That is a COOL building .
You can bring it back to life
A little TLC and lots of Beer
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #2910
72c20customcamper

What do ya do on a 90 degree holiday weekend ? Go get firewood of course. I got a full truck load in my dodge and my son filled his Ranger . All down dead oak , hickory little bit of ash .Be ready to burn this winter
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #2911
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I went out to get the VIN for my Bug It wasn't there. But there was a lot of dust. And I mean a LOT!. That car's been sitting in the desert for decades. So I sprayed some cleaner in the area where the VIN was supposed to be and what do you know. There it was. I also found the VIN in front but my old peepers can't read it. But I think I have enough for the DMV. We shall see.
I looked it up. My car was built in March of 1963.

I wrestled the rear bumper out of the back of the car which was a struggle. Like wrestling a fat chick over the last slice of pizza but I got it out.

I also found the rear license plate. The car was last registered in January 1983.
Almost 40 years ago. The old Bug's been sleeping a loooong time. But I now have a set of the original black license plates for the car.

I have it parked by my side fence which was a mistake because my neighbor likes to talk and he caught me and I got his life story for about the 15th time. That was an hour extra.

While we were out there a guy was honking. I guess that he didn't want to get out of his car because I had my dog. I asked him what he wanted.

"Do you want to sell that VW?' He smiled.

I politely turned him down. He seemed like a nice fella.

Here's a pic of the bumper. I didn't put it on because I'm going to pull the motor once I get the tags.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:42 PM   #2912
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

If that's the back yard, you can put up a 6' high cedar fence as a "wind brake", and a "wind break".

Simi Valley, CA
Old 07-03-2022, 12:32 AM   #2913
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
If that's the back yard, you can put up a 6' high cedar fence as a "wind brake", and a "wind break".
It's an acre and a half lot. That's a lot of lumber especially at todays prices. I'll just move the car.

My neighbors across the street put up what is probably the longest cedar fence I have ever seen on their property when they moved in.

They also put in a big greenhouse If the wind blows my direction it smells a little bit like skunk. Hmm. I wonder what they're growing in that greenhouse?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:39 AM   #2914
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
They also put in a big greenhouse If the wind blows my direction it smells a little bit like skunk. Hmm. I wonder what they're growing in that greenhouse?
Hmmm yeah, whatever could it be?

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:20 AM   #2915
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Hmmm yeah, whatever could it be?
Yeah right I know. I know that smell. But they are very quiet neighbors. I've never had one problem with them. What do I care what they do.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-03-2022, 01:28 AM   #2916
dieseldawg142

ordered up some new rolling stock for the boys Firebird today.
$1467 for tires, rims, lugs and hub rings...free shipping-bonus!
wanted S/S rims, but rare up here (15 inchers) and the one or two places i found them they were like $350-400 per
settled on some nice Ridler 675's instead
Name:  RIDLER675C1.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  48.9 KB

and for rubber we got a set of Cooper Cobra Radial GT's coming with the Ridlers
Name:  cooper-cobra_radial_gt_angle_65.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  64.9 KB

should make the 'bird pop a bit. son is estatic, don't know how he's gonna handle the 2-3 week shipping wait...lol
speaking of tires...after my kid gave me the stink eye for lighting up his tires the day we got the car, noticed this on his fenders this morning....what was he doing last night?...oh well, there just cr@ppy chinese tires anyways...
Name:  IMG_9857 (4).jpg
Views: 262
Size:  44.9 KB
Old 07-03-2022, 01:57 AM   #2917
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

$1467 for the whole shooting match isn't a bad deal at all and those are nice looking rims. That bird is going to sing.

You nailed it with the Cragar S/S's. The reason I've never had a set. They are EXPENSIVE!

I was looking to put a set on my Baja because I'm going for an old school look. But when I saw the prices I about had to call the paramedics.

The fender reminds me of a guy I knew. His dad woke him up and asked him what time he got home? (He had been out pretty much all night) But he said that he was back by 10:00

His dad said sure and asked him if could move his car because it was parked on the morning newspaper.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-03-2022, 06:21 AM   #2918
4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
ordered up some new rolling stock for the boys Firebird today.
$1467 for tires, rims, lugs and hub rings...free shipping-bonus!
wanted S/S rims, but rare up here (15 inchers) and the one or two places i found them they were like $350-400 per
settled on some nice Ridler 675's instead
Attachment 2202336

and for rubber we got a set of Cooper Cobra Radial GT's coming with the Ridlers
Attachment 2202337

should make the 'bird pop a bit. son is estatic, don't know how he's gonna handle the 2-3 week shipping wait...lol
speaking of tires...after my kid gave me the stink eye for lighting up his tires the day we got the car, noticed this on his fenders this morning....what was he doing last night?...oh well, there just cr@ppy chinese tires anyways...
Attachment 2202338
I had them on my 81 , their a nice rim , 18's on the front 20's on the back
Attached Images

4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #2919
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
It's an acre and a half lot. That's a lot of lumber especially at todays prices. I'll just move the car.

My neighbors across the street put up what is probably the longest cedar fence I have ever seen on their property when they moved in.

I'm sure they're doing a public service and scraping up dead skunks from the middle of the road.

I have a neighbor who smokes that skunk weed. I smell that stuff at 6 AM sometimes.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 07-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #2920
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
I'm sure they're doing a public service and scraping up dead skunks from the middle of the road.

I have a neighbor who smokes that skunk weed. I smell that stuff at 6 AM sometimes.
My wife said that the fence was a legal requirement to grow it. It has to be out of sight. These people don't strike me as potheads. Not even close. They seem like a nice family. I believe that it is just a business for them. I've heard that you can make some very good money growing it legally ( for medical purposes). It got me to thinking about how tough it might be to get a permit myself. As long as it's legal why not make a couple bucks. I've got the space just sitting there doing nothing. I'd just have to spring for the fence and greenhouse and all the legal stuff. Some up front costs. But I can see how it might be a profitable venture. All done legally.

For once it might pay to live in California.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:54 PM   #2921
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I always said that legalizing pot would get/keep California out of debt. The taxes are so high, though, that the illegal growing will never stop. You wouldn't get me smoking it though. I don't smoke anything...except tires, once in awhile.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 07-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #2922
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

There is an unbelievable amount grown in my county, one of three making up the Emerald Triangle. I feel very lucky now to live in town, where it's not a problem. Years ago we looked for property out in the country, but nowadays your neighbors are probably growing, legal or not, and the stench can be deafening.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:21 AM   #2923
special-K
Special Order

I visited my friend up on South Mt in PA. About a month ago he came to find he had a brain tumor. Within two days he was in surgery. It's on an optic nerve and has affected his vision. Can't see out of the left half of either eye. No more driving for him.

They only took 75% and he gets chemo M-F. Quite an ordeal to suddenly find yourself in. A "relentless tumor" type, so even if the chemo knocks it down, it will keep coming back. To take it all would leave him totally blind. They may be able to keep it at bay with him continuing with life (he's 70), or he's got 5 years maximum.

This friend was my go-to for assistance on tiny, tedious, meticulous, intricate, you get the idea. Like a watchmaker. Until this, he was the Model A speedometer rebuild/restore guy, with speedometers sent from all over the country and beyond. No more. He's selling his machinery off.

He has been restoring a '29 Model A closed cab pickup. He's got the chassis and drivetrain all shiny done and running like a clock. He's going out and working on it when he has time and feels well enough. He was doing well yesterday and I gave him a hand. I also helped with grass trimming since he has to stay out of the son.

He's a great guy I've known about 40 years. It was a great day. I need to be getting back more often now

Quote:
My wife said that the fence was a legal requirement to grow it. It has to be out of sight. These people don't strike me as potheads. Not even close. They seem like a nice family. I believe that it is just a business for them. I've heard that you can make some very good money growing it legally ( for medical purposes). It got me to thinking about how tough it might be to get a permit myself. As long as it's legal why not make a couple bucks. I've got the space just sitting there doing nothing. I'd just have to spring for the fence and greenhouse and all the legal stuff. Some up front costs. But I can see how it might be a profitable venture. All done legally.

For once it might pay to live in California.
When I lived in Humboldt Co it was illegal ('70s), but the county commissioners turned a blind eye to the pot growing. Fishing and logging industries were both hurting and pot was bringing money into the county from the rest of the state, then the rest of the country. There were unemployed loggers growing it, not just transplant hippies. Money coming in and being spent local.

Tim

Old 07-05-2022, 09:12 AM   #2924
67C10Step

Put my truck work on hold last Saturday so the wife and I could take a hiking/fishing trip. Fishing was just OK but overall it was a great day. Hot and humid here, but it is summer in the south.
Attached Images

2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:07 AM   #2925
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

When I lived in Humboldt Co it was illegal ('70s), but the county commissioners turned a blind eye to the pot growing. Fishing and logging industries were both hurting and pot was bringing money into the county from the rest of the state, then the rest of the country. There were unemployed loggers growing it, not just transplant hippies. Money coming in and being spent local.
I definitely don't want to do anything illegal. (Okay I do break the speed limit from time to time ). But if it's a legal business. Why not? I don't smoke pot. Wont go near it. But if I can make money legally growing it. WTH. To me it's just a crop and my stocks haven't been doing too well lately and that's what I live on. I need to supplement my income.

My father had a greenhouse. He grew Orchids in it. One day I went in and there was pot growing in it. My father never smoked pot a day in his life.
I asked him why he had pot growing in his greenhouse.
He said his friend paid him to use the greenhouse. He didn't pay much attention to it. He just watered the plants when he watered the orchids.

I was just so shocked. My old man was the last person on earth that you would think would be growing weed. But he grew up dirt poor in the depression. He saved everything and never turned down money. He died a millionaire but you would have never known it. My mother too. She wouldn't turn on the air conditioning and sit in the heat because it would run up the electric bill.

I miss my old man. He's been gone a long time now. He would have been 103 years old last May. He only made it to 68. My mom made it to 91 but she was 11 years younger than him. She died last July and my brother died in September. They're dropping like flies around here. Sad. I miss them all. Especially my brother. I was always the f*ck up. The black sheep, the bad seed. He was a renowned doctor. He could always talk me down from the edge when things went south for me. Which happened from time to time.
We couldn't have been more opposite. But we could talk for hours. We were on the same page. Just different. I miss him terribly.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.