The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
N9nefingers

76 K5 Chalet Paint Code?

I can't find the paint code for my 76 Chalet's orange beltline color.

I used the Neutral color and that was a perfect match, but the orange doesn't look like any colors on the paint code sheet.

The paint code reads 4001ZR, which I don't recognize.

Anyone have any leads for the orange color?

Appreciate your help!
Attached Images

N9nefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: 76 K5 Chalet Paint Code?

Back in early 2018, "1976K5CHALET" (one of the co-creators of the very old blazerchalet.com site) answered a 2 year-old inquiry about the burnt orange accent color variant, 68 Russet Poly 2926.

One post above his is my 2016 note about the other variant which most folks might not notice from it being just subtly different, the metalflake maroon tone. I haven't found a paint code for that yet, but fortunately, that's not the accent color you have there.

Speaking of which, unless I'm having a senior moment and forget if I contacted you elsewhere, which Chalet do you have? I'm the former owner of Chalet #1747 and am the current caretaker of the blazerchalet website who pays the bills to keep it online, and I try to add every one of these I find to my mega-spreadsheet list. Could you share a pic of the serial number plate for your rig? And can you share more photos of it, perhaps in a build thread?

Name:  Chalet serial number example.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  55.0 KB
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
N9nefingers

I did see those posts that you're talking about from a few years ago...I don't think that the russett poly is what I have though. There is no metal flake in it anywhere that I can see. I do plan on starting a build thread at some point, I have a bunch of pictures. The rust was extensive on this truck. Probably shouldn't have bought it but such as life. I also do not have the Chalet camper so I don't know what number the truck is. It is a Chalet though, its on the SPID in the glovebox. I'll post a link to the build thread when I make it. Maybe the amount of rust repair and tear apart I had to do on it will help someone down the line. I wasn't able to find answers to a lot of my questions on how the roof, A pillar and B pillar are put together so I ended up just cutting and welding to figure it out. Thank you for you response. I always appreciate any help anyone is willing to give. Have a great day.
N9nefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Aha, having never seen a russet polly paint sample, I was assuming it was the pastel burnt orange color and not the maroon metalflake accent color version. If that's so, I'll stand corrected. Can you post a photo of the SPID in the glovebox, or PM a photo of it to me so I can see if I have the VIN in my mega-spreadsheet? Any idea of where the camper unit went or who the prior owner(s) were, and/or any old docs come with the rig for its prior history? All of that kind of stuff is 'geneology' that sometimes helps me pair up what I find with older references that I might have.

Chalets & the GMC Casa Grandes were not much more than ordinary '76 / '77 Blazers / Jimmys (allegedly with somewhat more heavy duty springs) with the camper unit in place of the standard cap, bolted down via the cap's holes in the bedsides and down through the dinette into the truck frame.
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote