The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
GSFMECH
On the road

“Castro” my new 72 build

I should have started this thread long ago. I built my new truck last year and never started a build thread. I documented the build with photos and now I’m playing catch up. The reason for this build as you can see from the below photo is I lost my blue 72 in September of 2019 thanks to a drunk driver. I was on my way back from C10s in the park when this dude decided to turn left 100 ft in front of me while I was going down the highway at 55 mph. Here’s a photo of the carnage below. It was damaged heavily, frame bent, cab tweaked, left bedside bent and all of the front sheet metal was destroyed. Lots of people told me to fix it and I could have but I figured it would never be the same again. I would have likely had to paint it all over to make it match and I wasn’t prepared to go through that again. Besides I always worried about it getting scratched or something happening to the paint and I wanted a patinaed truck. I figured I would salvage everything I could and sell off the rest. The insurance treated me right. You can see my original build of the blue truck in the link below. I had owned that truck for 20 years.
Attached Images

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote