The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
joedoh

47-55.1 S10 swap weld on kit

I have done a number of these trucks, you can view some of them in my profile galleries and also in some of my threads in the 47-59 project forum. this kit has been developed through the iterations of what works best and fastest. the structural parts are 3/16 steel and all parts are laser cut.

the kit is sold and shipped FLAT, you fold in a vice and weld. This is to save on shipping, my parts come in two priority mail flat rate boxes. There are some parts you will need in addition to my kit:

6 cab mount bushings from an s10, this kit allows for full rubber isolation mounting, no metal on metal mounting like a lot of swap kits, a rubber pad is not isolating.

2 ~51" pieces of 1x1.5 rectangle tube for bed crossmembers. if you want a solid base for a wood floor, my parts are designed to match the height of the gas tank crossmember and frame above the axle. you can add two more at the front and rear and planks will lay right on top. (shipping limitations are why I dont provide this, it is cheaper to pick up local than just the shipping would cost)

a 23" piece of 2" flat strap, or any type of tubing to close out the bottom of the radiator core support after you cut it. (shipping limitation as well, but I am designing a part for this purpose that will fit in the flat rate boxes)

bolts and nuts, about 13 dollars worth at TSC or Rural King or Atwoods or even the box home stores.

Everything about this kit is to make it easier, and especially less expensive when you consider the hours, than cutting them yourself. I used to cut them myself and it took 4-5 hours for just building cab mounts using a plasma cutter, even with templates they were not identical one to the next.

bolt on kits have a place, there is nothing wrong with a bolt on kit. if you have an ounce of welding skill and fab ability this kit represents a tremendous savings and allows you to start almost immediately, when laser parts are in stock handling time is under two days, usually same day if ordered before 2pm, and shipping time is 2-3 days.

I have been a paid supporting member of this forum for 15 years, now a vendor in the sense that I am a licensed business, but mostly I am a bored engineer with free time. I sell this kit online for $565 shipped, but for forum members you can PM me for a discount and I will knock another $20 off. If you are local or even local ish, I offer a local pickup discount that is significant.

I have 41-46 chevy kits in development now, and also other kits for other trucks. some of these parts are truly universal, like the running board and bed mounts, so if you are working on something random I will sell pieces. If you dont want or need a full kit I can sell any part individually.

I can take literally any form of payment, i primarily do business with square.com

Let me know if I can help
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote