The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

WIW 79'chevy C10 short wide

I have a project that is not finished because my heart was not into the body style. I have since found my real project and am considering selling this one before completion. If I finish it up I will more than likely keep it. I am the 3rd owner of the truck. I knew both previous owners and know for fact that it just turned 100k before I tore it down. It was original 6 cyl. 3 on tree but all that was removed on the teardown. It now sports a mildly cammed 400 small with a brand new 400 turbo & 2200 stall from ATI out of Baltimore. Both have zero mileage on them other than moving around shop. 3 speed column was changed out with manual floor column and interior has been completely redone. New carpet, dash pad, visors, door panels B&M mega shifter, seat recovered, gauges & tach. Interior was also stripped and repainted Midnight blue metallic Nason Urethane. Firewall and inside of fenders are blue Nason.Frame was painted gloss black with Nason Urethane along with inner fenders and radiator support. Has Goodmark 2" steel cowl hood and new front fenders & inner fenders ( old ones not rusted just pretty banged up). Have new trim and grill for it as well as some of the lights. New gas tank as well. The only rust that was on the truck was the floor of the back bed. the original owner used the truck to take his little boat ( in the bed) down to river for fishing and I guess over the years the river water had it's way. I totally tore out the floor and made it entirely new out of 16 gauge steel for floor bracing and .25" plate for the floor. Outside of bed was blasted to bare metal and then etch primed. Original tailgate almost mint.truck has original posi rear with 3.08 gear. Back bed & front sheetmetal basically just sitting on truck to save space for now. still needs minor metal work, final assembly, andI assume the lower ignition switch is bad on the used column I installed. I have been starting the truck with a remote switch. Tires & rims are not new or perfect they were some old ones I had laying around.
I know I will never get out all that has been put in and have a number in mind but would like to hear from the "experts" on this.
Attached Images

richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
richard2717

Re: WIW 79'chevy C10 short wide

also the last picture shows where I cut out the wheel tubs as my original intention was to put as wide a tire & wheel as I could without frame mods. The plate floor section was made out of one pc. of steel with no seams. I think I still have some of the original sheetmetal and the original painted front bumper & painted rear step bumper
Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
richard2717

oh and only exhaust is the headmen headers, no mufflers or tail pipes yet
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
richard2717

No one has any idea what this might be worth? I have over 10K invested but don't feel that I would recoup much more than half of that if I tried to sell it now.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
richard2717

Well just spent the last 30 minutes trying to put this for sale in the 73-87 section for it to all dissapear while trying to upload. I am going to put a price of $7K as it sits or would sell without motor and transmission. I need the room in the garage to work on the blazers and panel truck so this one has got to go
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.