The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Youey

Passenger door

Before I disassembled the front of my truck the front fender and door didn't come close to lining up right. Thought it was the fender so everything came off to do rust repair. Started sanding the lower part of the door and noticed 2 dents bulging from the inside. Now my question to you does this look right or not. It def doesn't look right to me. But the wierd thing is it doesn't look to be in type of accident.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  44.5 KB

Door does have rust on the inside but nothing that can't be fixed. Should I look for a new door or is there a way to some one salvage it
Youey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Youey

Re: Passenger door

Just to clarify look at the lower door hinge
Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
hugger6933

Looks like an old wreck repair to me. They could have at least ground down the welds. I always do on my wrecks. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Youey

I think that's from previous owner replacing inner and outter rockers. Not sure, but the lower hinge is pushed way too far in
Old 12-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Molberg

Looks like a repair was done to that door pillar..(horizontal weld) causing some alignment issues maybe?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=607359
Molberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Youey

that's a good possibility but i would like to see someone else's passenger door hinges the lower one seems to be too far pushed into door shell compared to drivers side
Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
hugger6933

If it is in too far it would only be the front part and that could throw your door out not in. looking at the pillar as it comes down the cowl it meets the area of concern fairly well.. Just had some bad news sent to me cant go on
Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
hugger6933

Where are you talking about the pressed in? I am not seeing anything out of the norm in the pic except the front may be "toed in" for a lack of a better word. [Still not all together here though, my body apprentice is a lead paramedic the next town over and had just come back from a call 42 y/o single mom of three boys had committed suicide]. Have you got the door off yet? Or are you not taking it off yet? You know if the door had been opened and the truck had backed up onto like a carport pole [happens often here in AR] it will bend not only the door but the hinges. also do you know that the body [door side bolt will move the door adjustment in and out you might could loosen them a little and "roll" the door toward the bottom outside. Worth a shot while I'm still in the dark throwing darts. Jim
Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Youey

Man that is terrible news, the bottom outside of the door shell where the lower hinge meets has 2 dents like either the door was opened too far and or like you said backed into something while the door was open, causing those dents from the hinge, it just seems that the hinge is too close to the door skin when all the others have at least 1/4 inch between door skin. I tried to find a picture of what it looked like before everything came apart but you can't see the body line from the pictures.