The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #251
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
I have some pictures of the park brake set up. I just barely removed it so it's fresh in my mind how it goes. If you need help, pm me so Michael doesn't hurt me for hijacking!
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah gotta watch out us Texas Boys tend to be a little on the crazy side

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #252
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
I have some pictures of the park brake set up. I just barely removed it so it's fresh in my mind how it goes. If you need help, pm me so Michael doesn't hurt me for hijacking!
Posted via Mobile Device
No biggie . I've only laid one guys ass on the ground in my life. Just happened to talk about him a couple of posts above

Not much done to the truck lately. I've got most of an e-brake setup from an 84 (still waiting on a front cable) so I can probably pass inspection soon (if you can keep a secret I've been DD my truck illegally for almost a month! ). Temperature sender still isn't working...stuck on cold no matter what I do. Still gotta figure that one out. Oh, and I have a cool Edelbrock fuel line that I need to install to get rid of most of the rubber in my fuel system. Should only have like 2 inches when I'm done.

Between surviving my (now really awkward) senior year and daydreaming of college I've been to lazy to work on the truck. It runs and drives fine so I've slacked off a bit.

Might see if another car buddy of mine (if you want to call imports "cars" ) want's to come over and help me troubleshoot. Long days up at the shop alone get pretty boring.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #253
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
No biggie . I've only laid one guys ass on the ground in my life. Just happened to talk about him a couple of posts above

Not much done to the truck lately. I've got most of an e-brake setup from an 84 (still waiting on a front cable) so I can probably pass inspection soon (if you can keep a secret I've been DD my truck illegally for almost a month! ). Temperature sender still isn't working...stuck on cold no matter what I do. Still gotta figure that one out. Oh, and I have a cool Edelbrock fuel line that I need to install to get rid of most of the rubber in my fuel system. Should only have like 2 inches when I'm done.

Between surviving my (now really awkward) senior year and daydreaming of college I've been to lazy to work on the truck. It runs and drives fine so I've slacked off a bit.

Might see if another car buddy of mine (if you want to call imports "cars" ) want's to come over and help me troubleshoot. Long days up at the shop alone get pretty boring.

More than I can say I've done, never been in a fight or anything I had a guy want to fight me, but it just so happened I had a lot of friends so him and his friends were out numbered and then teacher got involved and well it's all bs from there.

Haha you think that's something I've driven around town when I don't have it apart of course for almost a year! Without insurance yet to be caught started freaking out one day when I saw a cop and just kind of coasted didn't really do much, but yeah it's weird there's such a rush when your doing something illegal and not getting caught

If you figure out your temp gauge you've got to let me know! I'm in the same situation it just sits a C, so I can never tell if I'm about to screw something up or not, seems to run fine so I guess no worries?

Hey man, gotta look into your future the way I see it your truck will always be there, you gotta make a career and set yourself a future.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #254
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
More than I can say I've done, never been in a fight or anything I had a guy want to fight me, but it just so happened I had a lot of friends so him and his friends were out numbered and then teacher got involved and well it's all bs from there.
Yeah, this guy really pissed me off. I'm a pretty shy guy and he was the one who encourage me to "pursue" her. Asked her out the day after prom. Instead of a cool sure or something I got a "Oh yeah, I'm dating (insert dudes name here) now.". That was a serious WTF moment. Wasn't going to do anything 'till he came up and was acting like a dick about it. That did it. <-- his face later.

Quote:
Haha you think that's something I've driven around town when I don't have it apart of course for almost a year! Without insurance yet to be caught started freaking out one day when I saw a cop and just kind of coasted didn't really do much, but yeah it's weird there's such a rush when your doing something illegal and not getting caught
Yeah, I felt that way the first week. Now I don't even care . I put a chevy hat right behind the stickers on the windshield so it kind of diverts attention away from them.

Quote:
If you figure out your temp gauge you've got to let me know! I'm in the same situation it just sits a C, so I can never tell if I'm about to screw something up or not, seems to run fine so I guess no worries?
I've been searching on here for a while about it. I'm thinking maybe there is a break in the wire somewhere because I tried grounding it (which should peg it on hot) and it didn't budge. I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:
Hey man, gotta look into your future the way I see it your truck will always be there, you gotta make a career and set yourself a future.
Yeah, said evil friend was part of my small social circle. After it kinda broke up the circle (of course I got all the friends 'cause he is a douche) but I'm really just trying to survive another couple of weeks till graduation. Got accepted to a couple of places UTA, A&M, etc because I've got great grades (straight A's, 30 on the ACT, 1900 on the SAT) but I'm planning on going to UTA. It's right down the road and cheaper...plus I'm hoping that I'll get some extra $$$ since I was the captain of the robotics team at my school. They love that stuff. Already paid my dorm down payments and I can't wait for it to start. Decided on mechanical engineering!...but yeah. I've always got my truck!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #255
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Yeah, this guy really pissed me off. I'm a pretty shy guy and he was the one who encourage me to "pursue" her. Asked her out the day after prom. Instead of a cool sure or something I got a "Oh yeah, I'm dating (insert dudes name here) now.". That was a serious WTF moment. Wasn't going to do anything 'till he came up and was acting like a dick about it. That did it. <-- his face later.

Yeah, I felt that way the first week. Now I don't even care . I put a chevy hat right behind the stickers on the windshield so it kind of diverts attention away from them.

I've been searching on here for a while about it. I'm thinking maybe there is a break in the wire somewhere because I tried grounding it (which should peg it on hot) and it didn't budge. I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it.

Yeah, said evil friend was part of my small social circle. After it kinda broke up the circle (of course I got all the friends 'cause he is a douche) but I'm really just trying to survive another couple of weeks till graduation. Got accepted to a couple of places UTA, A&M, etc because I've got great grades (straight A's, 30 on the ACT, 1900 on the SAT) but I'm planning on going to UTA. It's right down the road and cheaper...plus I'm hoping that I'll get some extra $$$ since I was the captain of the robotics team at my school. They love that stuff. Already paid my dorm down payments and I can't wait for it to start. Decided on mechanical engineering!...but yeah. I've always got my truck!
Well your going to have to tell me how to do that quote thing, because that's just awesome and sometimes I would like to double quote people and well I don't know how to do it!

Wow!! I usually don't invoke violence really but kudos to you bro!! He got what he deserved as far as the girl, I would use a word but it's not exactly appropriate but I'll give you a hint it starts with a B!

You my friend are smart, my tags are fine I'd figured I'd get pulled over by now with no bumper but I'm not complaining I enjoy cruising doing some burnouts and what not!

Yeah, well it looks like we're both on a mission whoever finds it first helps the other? We're all squared family for life!

Damn, I don't remember what I made on my stuff but awesome!!! One thing I know is those 2 numbers are awesome!! Yeah man UTA is a great school, party school but great school, haha not sure if you've heard this yet but you might change your major a few times, I've changed mine about 5 finally figured out something I want to do Safety Manager for Chemical Plants. Mechanical Engineering is definitely where the money is at, great career choice man no doubt!!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #256
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Well your going to have to tell me how to do that quote thing, because that's just awesome and sometimes I would like to double quote people and well I don't know how to do it!

Wow!! I usually don't invoke violence really but kudos to you bro!! He got what he deserved as far as the girl, I would use a word but it's not exactly appropriate but I'll give you a hint it starts with a B!

You my friend are smart, my tags are fine I'd figured I'd get pulled over by now with no bumper but I'm not complaining I enjoy cruising doing some burnouts and what not!

Yeah, well it looks like we're both on a mission whoever finds it first helps the other? We're all squared family for life!

Damn, I don't remember what I made on my stuff but awesome!!! One thing I know is those 2 numbers are awesome!! Yeah man UTA is a great school, party school but great school, haha not sure if you've heard this yet but you might change your major a few times, I've changed mine about 5 finally figured out something I want to do Safety Manager for Chemical Plants. Mechanical Engineering is definitely where the money is at, great career choice man no doubt!!!
Thanks man! I really do appreciate the kind words. As for the quotes. I will just quote someone and then split up what they said and add [ quote ] and [/ quote ] around the text I want to select (remember to leave out the spaces on the "quote" word. I just added them so it would show up. Yeah, I'm looking forward to those college parties
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #257
Big Rat

I was just going to say, leave the spaces out. "Computer code" with "spaces" confuses computers. College will always be there, but your truck could rust away, so keep building it! Ha Ha!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #258
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
I was just going to say, leave the spaces out. "Computer code" with "spaces" confuses computers. College will always be there, but your truck could rust away, so keep building it! Ha Ha!
I better get back to sanding and painting the frame then! Don't want that sucker to rust out from under me!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #259
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Thanks man! I really do appreciate the kind words. As for the quotes. I will just quote someone and then split up what they said and add [ quote ] and [/ quote ] around the text I want to select (remember to leave out the spaces on the "quote" word. I just added them so it would show up. Yeah, I'm looking forward to those college parties

Hey man, look I'm 23 I should have a degree already but I bought a car and had to choose school or car and I really wanted to have a new car, so I had to stop school, my advise man is just work, push through it yeah it'll get hard but when your done it'll be worth it.

I'll say this I've done my fair share of partying been drunk/wasted do all the "cool" stuff I'll say this man if you drink just be responsible with it, I've driven 1 time completely wasted biggest mistake ever, thank God nobody was on the road I could of totaled my car. So just be responsible if you drink and party man that's my only advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #260
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Hey man, look I'm 23 I should have a degree already but I bought a car and had to choose school or car and I really wanted to have a new car, so I had to stop school, my advise man is just work, push through it yeah it'll get hard but when your done it'll be worth it.

I'll say this I've done my fair share of partying been drunk/wasted do all the "cool" stuff I'll say this man if you drink just be responsible with it, I've driven 1 time completely wasted biggest mistake ever, thank God nobody was on the road I could of totaled my car. So just be responsible if you drink and party man that's my only advice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you going back to school or plan on it? If it really came down to my truck vs school I'd have to choose school. I can always buy another truck. Yeah, I plan on being responsible with my drinking (I really hate alcohol...cept maybe mango rum and dr pepper). I was speaking more of the chicas!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #261
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Are you going back to school or plan on it? If it really came down to my truck vs school I'd have to choose school. I can always buy another truck. Yeah, I plan on being responsible with my drinking (I really hate alcohol...cept maybe mango rum and dr pepper). I was speaking more of the chicas!

Yeah, I'm going back to school whenever I go live with my dad I'm actually going to try and cram my schooling into about 8months-1 year that way I can be done with it. I'm not a big fan of school its fun being able to wear what you want and all, but I'm ready to just be finished again lol

Exactly man you can always have another truck! But since you don't have a payment besides school, I think you'll be okay yeah definitely don't get carried away with it. I'm the opposite I love alcohol, am I alcoholic I wouldn't go as far as saying that but I love to drink. love me some bud light or dos xx's or crown and coke that's about as far as it goes. Don't get me wrong don't be too uptight have fun in college its a time that you'll have memories that will last the rest of your life, so have fun just be responsible in all you do man. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a parent but I'm telling all this because where I may not have a degree but I've been drunk off my ass, I've done stupid stuff, and for someone like you I'd hate to see you lose it all because of you not being responsible.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #262
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going back to school whenever I go live with my dad I'm actually going to try and cram my schooling into about 8months-1 year that way I can be done with it. I'm not a big fan of school its fun being able to wear what you want and all, but I'm ready to just be finished again lol

Exactly man you can always have another truck! But since you don't have a payment besides school, I think you'll be okay yeah definitely don't get carried away with it. I'm the opposite I love alcohol, am I alcoholic I wouldn't go as far as saying that but I love to drink. love me some bud light or dos xx's or crown and coke that's about as far as it goes. Don't get me wrong don't be too uptight have fun in college its a time that you'll have memories that will last the rest of your life, so have fun just be responsible in all you do man. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a parent but I'm telling all this because where I may not have a degree but I've been drunk off my ass, I've done stupid stuff, and for someone like you I'd hate to see you lose it all because of you not being responsible.
Hey man it's all good! I appreciate it. I've had to sound like a parent to a couple of my friends before, friends watch out for each other so that just comes with it!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #263
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Hey man it's all good! I appreciate it. I've had to sound like a parent to a couple of my friends before, friends watch out for each other so that just comes with it!

Exactly man!

Completely off subject, is it raining up there? or has it rained up there? it's getting super nasty down here in Houston.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #264
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Exactly man!

Completely off subject, is it raining up there? or has it rained up there? it's getting super nasty down here in Houston.
All damn day. I've begun to get used to not gassing it at lights just so I don't peel out but I've been loosing traction all day! Just about every turn I've done today ended up with me spinning around in my lane. Kinda fun, but not something I want to keep up. The fact that it's like 40 degrees and I don't have a heater isn't helping but having a ranch I know we need the rain. All of our ponds are almost dry and everything's dead so hopefully that's the bright side.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #265
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
All damn day. I've begun to get used to not gassing it at lights just so I don't peel out but I've been loosing traction all day! Just about every turn I've done today ended up with me spinning around in my lane. Kinda fun, but not something I want to keep up. The fact that it's like 40 degrees and I don't have a heater isn't helping but having a ranch I know we need the rain. All of our ponds are almost dry and everything's dead so hopefully that's the bright side.

Yeah I hear ya there man! I have family in Decatur and if you need rain, I'm sure they do too. Yeah don't make a habit out of it, I've actually freaked myself nasty one time, in my DD it roads were pretty slick I took my traction control off and once the light turned green, I floored it and held it until I felt my back end sliding towards the lane beside me then thats when I let off and it gained traction and kinda jerked me around a little. Can't imagine what I'd do in my truck yeah I have no a/c or heat in my truck still debating whether to get it all fixed up again in my truck or not.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #266
THE "10" SILVERADO

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...e_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #267
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:

I literally loled, your dads reaction is priceless!! The truck sound awesome man, I'm a tad but jealous! nice hat that's blocking your stickers lol one day I'll get a video of mine, but I'll have to find a bit of open road so I can lay into it!! How fast were you going?

I want to meet your dad! He sounds awesome!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #268
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
I literally loled, your dads reaction is priceless!! The truck sound awesome man, I'm a tad but jealous! nice hat that's blocking your stickers lol one day I'll get a video of mine, but I'll have to find a bit of open road so I can lay into it!! How fast were you going?

I want to meet your dad! He sounds awesome!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going . I the speed limit is like 45 and I was passing people quickly so 60-65? I'm not sure

He cut the video off after the turn but there was a hill there that I got a little air on.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #269
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going . I the speed limit is like 45 and I was passing people quickly so 60-65? I'm not sure

He cut the video off after the turn but there was a hill there that I got a little air on.

Right on!!! who says you can get a rush drivong a tank haha! Truck sounds awesome man!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #270
Big Rat

Quote:
Hey buddy, why do you have to choose one or the other? You need a way to get to school and nothing wrong with having a hobby while in school even if it is only a once every now and then hobby. I'm glad you want to go to school. Very smart decision. I'm 32 with a wife and kids and I tried to go back and there just isn't enough hours in the day and I like seeing my wife and kids so the back to school thing didn't work out so good for me. So going straight into college is a very smart idea. Get it done and over with, but seriously consider the option of keeping the truck while you are in, I think you would regret getting rid of your high school truck. I almost got rid of mine once, and I'm glad I didn't. It almost means as much to me as my grandpa's truck.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #271
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Hey buddy, why do you have to choose one or the other? You need a way to get to school and nothing wrong with having a hobby while in school even if it is only a once every now and then hobby. I'm glad you want to go to school. Very smart decision. I'm 32 with a wife and kids and I tried to go back and there just isn't enough hours in the day and I like seeing my wife and kids so the back to school thing didn't work out so good for me. So going straight into college is a very smart idea. Get it done and over with, but seriously consider the option of keeping the truck while you are in, I think you would regret getting rid of your high school truck. I almost got rid of mine once, and I'm glad I didn't. It almost means as much to me as my grandpa's truck.

I'm sure you read it, but I was "suggesting" that he keep his truck and not go get a new car or anything like that, because I was a college student attending school and I had a car that was working fine just no a/c which in Texas is almost an essential need on any vehicle. Moral of the story is I had went and bought a new car thanks to my parents signing for it, and I had to stop going to school, I didn't have enough to go to school and pay for school, and my parents weren't able to help me much not that they didn't want to just couldn't financially, but yeah I was just telling him to stick with the truck since it's no payment and he can pay for school.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #272
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well got some good news today. At the end of the month dad's gonna advance my graduation present...which will be a new set of tires. Looking at 275/60/15s. Can't decide on Cooper Cobra's or Mickey Thompson Sportmans....about the same price ($125-140 tire). Any idea's/suggestions? I seriously can't wait to get those black rallies and larger rubber on!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #273
Big Rat

Quote:
Well got some good news today. At the end of the month dad's gonna advance my graduation present...which will be a new set of tires. Looking at 275/60/15s. Can't decide on Cooper Cobra's or Mickey Thompson Sportmans....about the same price ($125-140 tire). Any idea's/suggestions? I seriously can't wait to get those black rallies and larger rubber on!
I've always been a fan of the Radial T/A's from BFG if you are looking for the RWL look. I'm going to run 225 60 15's out front and 295 50 15's out back on stock style rallies from Stockton Wheel. They build rallies with custom widths and backspacing. If you like the staggered look, 225's out front are still 8.86 inches wide so you still have sufficient tread for braking, but still give you a narrower ol skool hot rod look. 275's are a popular size and a lot of people run them. They do fill the wheel wells nicely and have a tread width of 10.83 inches which gives you a good amount of contact. Just remember, pick what YOU like. When it comes down to it, you liking what you have is what really matters.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #274
77ChevySharkBite

Yep I agree with Big Rat, pick what you want everyone is going to have a bias opinion of tires, but like Big Rat also said a common tire on our truck is the BFG Radials, all I gotta say is before you get the new tires, burn the old ones up!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #275
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Yep I agree with Big Rat, pick what you want everyone is going to have a bias opinion of tires, but like Big Rat also said a common tire on our truck is the BFG Radials, all I gotta say is before you get the new tires, burn the old ones up!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
I've already got a thing set up with a bunch of guys at school. We are all gonna do burnouts in the parking lot on the last day of school. (our school is super uptight about everything looking nice). I'll be sure to burn off what's left of the old tires then!