The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
69c10stepside
Large Member

My 1972 Chevy shortwide build REDUX

I kept derailing my own previous build thread for this 72 a few times, time to start it over.

I had bought several parts and pieces of these pickups since I had sold my last 72 model I had, but I got tired of not having something more complete. Things came together and I bought this pickup.

SBC 350, turbo 350, power steering.

I have had it now roughly three months, and after getting tired of looking/driving past it everyday, I have decided to get it to the point of driving again. So far I have replaced the master cylinder (coverted to power brakes), fuel pump, and fuel filter.

I have it to the point where I can take it from my house to the shop to tinker on it. I am halfway through a serpentine conversion (running out of willpower when it is cold), put on some different wheels, put on the cowl induction hood that came with it also.

When I bought the pickup it came with the cowl induction hood I mentioned, new front fenders and another cab. I was going to go through the process of restoring the other cab, but I had another cab come up close to home. New cab is going to have a driver side rocker panel to be partially patch/replaced, about a quarter size of a hole in driver side floor pan and that is it. My major gripe with the cab is that it has had the factory radio hole cut to fit a DIN sized radio. I will fix it up when I want to work on it (might fix the radio hole, don't know yet), already getting interior parts bought/lined up for the better cab.

I might also replace the passenger side bed panel, pending how much rework it is going to need to get in shape.

Next moves for the short term are going to be finish the serpentine brackets, fix exhaust, and decide what to do for the fuel tank.

So anyways, my '72 rebuild will be running in tandem with my '89 model build, but each with different intentions.

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold

Last edited by 69c10stepside; 02-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote