The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #226
FLcustom10

Re: Slowly I build a truck

Trying to remember where all the parts go. For it a 1972 it helps to test fit the the screw and sleeve that fits under the vent window to hold the door shell together before installing the window. That was a hard lesson to learn. I got the clip in place on the passenger side after the fact, but it cost me a few scrapes on the back of my hand from the mirror screws.
Attached Images

FLcustom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #227
FLcustom10

Fit the window door channel in place. I think it even helped to temporarily screw it in place and put the glass run in, then unscrew it to move it out of the way for the vent window install.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #228
FLcustom10

There are holes in the window sash assembly that line up with the rollers on the regulator. I probably should have painted the window sash. Don't know why I didn't. I guess I was just thinking nobody would see it and didn't want to risk getting paint on the glass.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #229
FLcustom10

Installing the vent window. Roll the window down and push it as far to the back as possible. I'm glad I practiced before the window was in place. Scared of scratching the window glass but it worked out OK.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #230
FLcustom10

New felt and rubber window sweeps. I'll go ahead and tell on myself here. The package came with both rubber sweeps in one package and both felt sweeps in the other. I installed both rubber sweeps on the same door before figuring it out. You might be able to see where it is slightly bent where I had to pull it back off, and it's not fitting quite as tightly as I would like. Not sure if I will order new ones or not. I'll wait a bit before making that decision.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #231
FLcustom10

Installed the door locks. I wish I had gone with new ones, but since I already have the ignition installed I don't want to take that back off. The passenger side feels a bit jiggly when I go to remove the key after locking it, but it's working.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #232
FLcustom10

Windows are finished. Scary, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Front bumperettes are next, then door panels, then I'll have to start thinking about windshield and rear window. I think I'll hire the man for the windshield if I can find someone willing to do it.
Attached Images