The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2021, 12:46 AM   #1
Chevy nutcase

hi from Harrisburg PA

hello everyone, i recently got the itch to get my hands dirty again and purchase an old c10. I discovered while they arent difficult to locate but they are however near impossible to find in the condition Im looking for. No $50k creampuff nor a complete dumpster fire that rats would be ashamed to live in. There i no grey area. I found a few relatively close by but I would like some expert opinions before I make a decision Ill surely regret due to my blind enthusiasm. i look forward to chatting with you all.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:49 AM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: hi from Harrisburg PA

Welcome to the forum.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Welcome to the truck board! What have you found so far? The prices of them are getting pretty dumb but there are still deals out there you just have to be on the look out.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Hershey huh? Man we used to go to Hershey park all the time before I moved out here. I grew up outside of Harpers Ferry Wv. Keep on the hunt you’ll find one. There’s several really good board members up in that neck of the woods who might know of some trucks for sale.
Welcome aboard!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
Getter-Done

You are at the right place.

Lots of good Knowledge and Great people here.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:23 PM   #6
Chevy nutcase

Thx for the welcome everyone. I have my wish list of choices narrowed down to a c10 between 1964 and 1972. Bed length is a secondary concern but if I were to procure a short bed I'd hope for a stepside. Motor and tranny doesn't matter. I've personally inspected and test drove 2 locally. One in york and yesterday one near Allentown. The one in york was a 72 longbed and looked promising from the pictures but after seeing it was lowered by a torch heating the coils to collapse, cab corners spray foamed and bondo and worst was an interior painted with a can of rustoleum red and applied with a dead possum. He was asking $7500 and refused my $6500 offer. Looking back I'm thinking I passed on fairly good starting point. It was complete give or take some trim pieces and the bed was absolutely pristine. I try to ease my guilt by telling myself the cab and bed supports were rusted out since I couldn't actually see underneath thanks to its terrible lowering job. The one I saw yesterday near Allentown was a 71 longbed in sad shape. Interior was butchered with junkyard seats, a windshield that the lower third was badly smoked and a nice view of the road was possible thanks to the flintstone floors. The rockers were "repaired" poorly not once but twice. First time they were bolted in and the more recent was slipped over the old ones and tack welded in place. The bed had more holes than a fly swatter and all the support structures were nearly gone. Again it looked great from a distance so I offered $4500 to his $5000 asking price. It was rejected. I'm not afraid to put a fair amount of money and time into them but the initial cost has to be reasonable. Now I'm here wondering if the prices if turned down are considered fair and it's me that has to dig a little deeper. I can upload some pics if it would help determine my situation
Old 04-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #7
TwoFiftyShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase View Post
Thx for the welcome everyone. I have my wish list of choices narrowed down to a c10 between 1964 and 1972. Bed length is a secondary concern but if I were to procure a short bed I'd hope for a stepside. Motor and tranny doesn't matter. I've personally inspected and test drove 2 locally. One in york and yesterday one near Allentown. The one in york was a 72 longbed and looked promising from the pictures but after seeing it was lowered by a torch heating the coils to collapse, cab corners spray foamed and bondo and worst was an interior painted with a can of rustoleum red and applied with a dead possum. He was asking $7500 and refused my $6500 offer. Looking back I'm thinking I passed on fairly good starting point. It was complete give or take some trim pieces and the bed was absolutely pristine. I try to ease my guilt by telling myself the cab and bed supports were rusted out since I couldn't actually see underneath thanks to its terrible lowering job. The one I saw yesterday near Allentown was a 71 longbed in sad shape. Interior was butchered with junkyard seats, a windshield that the lower third was badly smoked and a nice view of the road was possible thanks to the flintstone floors. The rockers were "repaired" poorly not once but twice. First time they were bolted in and the more recent was slipped over the old ones and tack welded in place. The bed had more holes than a fly swatter and all the support structures were nearly gone. Again it looked great from a distance so I offered $4500 to his $5000 asking price. It was rejected. I'm not afraid to put a fair amount of money and time into them but the initial cost has to be reasonable. Now I'm here wondering if the prices if turned down are considered fair and it's me that has to dig a little deeper. I can upload some pics if it would help determine my situation
That sounds like hell. Buying old vehicles in the northeast is hell. Road trip or ship from out west.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #8
Chevy nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFiftyShifter View Post
That sounds like hell. Buying old vehicles in the northeast is hell. Road trip or ship from out west.
Believe me that thought has crossed my mind. There was a perfect wrong truck in Lancaster that was tantalizing. It was a 69 brought here from Nevada and was 99% rust free for $6000. The only reason it's not in my garage is it was a C20. I could have cried when I noticed it was an 8 lug. 😭 I want rear coils for ease of lowering. I've seen one or two from Arizona in one of those auto roundup publications but my emails were never answered
Old 04-11-2021, 08:07 PM   #9
LT7A

Welcome! It appears that you may have to spend some sizable money to get the truck that you want. I'm not sure that you missed out on anything with the two you described though. It's one thing to get a truck that has been well-used, and another thing to get one that has been misused. It sounds like you have the persistence you'll need. Good luck!
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote