The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #26
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Re: Classic Parts

i should be getting a package tomm. from them. they are always my first stop, when i had something arrive damaged they sent some out very quickly to replace.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #27
dmack91

Glad to hear the positive reports. I ordered a fuel sender and misc. small parts a week ago. Found out 4 days later they back-ordered an ignition key switch ( computer died during a power surge causing the delay in response). Canceled the BO part and they shipped out the next day.
dmack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #28
Sonicman

I stumped them last week.....I needed a wiper switch but it was out of stock. Oh it happens. No big deal, they communicated well about it and gave me the choice to cancel or continue to wait.
Sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:25 AM   #29
spike38

have made several orders with them, very satisfied

Spike
spike38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #30
Jeffs70

I would recommend them to anyone. great service even on the phone.
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #31
sstone69

Great company ! I have only ordered a couple items so far, but their prices seem to be better than others and they do what they say they're going to do. It's amazing that some companies don't follow such simple rules. Ship the part when you say you are going to ship it. I haven't done much with older vehicles in the last 13 years, so my previous experience is limited to JC and local junk yards. It's nice to be able to order a hard to find part and couple days later it's there to be installed.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #32
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZO View Post
So far they have been good to me. Prompt shipping, quality parts and decent prices. But the reason they got my business in the first place is because they sent me a catalog just by request (no $5.00 catalog). Some of the other suppliers need to take note of this.
This right here.

Awhile back I was getting to the stage on a truck where I needed to order a lot of stuff. I sat down at the computer and ordered paper catalogs from Classic Parts, LMC, and Brothers so I could study them at work away from a computer and websites.

The Classic Parts and LMC catalogs came promptly. Still not gotten the Brothers catalog. I've placed three orders from Classic Parts since that time. If those fools at Brothers would actually have gotten on the ball and sent me a catalog within a week or two they might have actually gotten my business. Instead I got tired of waiting and went with their competition.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #33
UltraBlue71

I made a $2200.00 order with them, which included 10-12 decals, which I didnt initially find in the box, they were hidden in a fold of cardboard in the bottom of the box, I called them and asked them about them before I found them 2-3 weeks later, in the mean time they sent me another set of the decals, no questions asked. I thought that was pretty cool of them, (not to mention I felt like an idiot for missing them in the first place) LOL! Thats the kind of service that makes a fella a customer for life!

71 LWB
UltraBlue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #34
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Do they have a rep on here?

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #35
MistaGavin

So no promo codes for these guys?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #36
lilpoindexter

I've bought a bunch of miscellaneous odds and ends from them...tail light lenses, hinges, weather strip, etc. I've been happy with how quickly they ship to Los Angeles. I'm going to keep shopping from them.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
circa73

They are good to work with and you end up talking to the same people. I dropped about $2K myself, no issues. There was a small ding in one of the doors I ordered, but I had the option to send them back if I wanted to. It's an easy fix, so I didnt bother. I'll let you know about how they fit when the time comes. But from what I hear in the forum, I should have nothing to worry about. If there is an issue, my pops is the best bodyman on the south shore.
circa73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #38
hsdropout

Their regular prices beat other vendors sale prices..........
I will be getting more from them too.
hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
1963c-10

I would encourage everypne to not use them after my last dealing. Very poor business practice.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #40
hsdropout

1963c-10...........one bad review out of all other good comments.
Can we ask what the problem was?
hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I order about about 1-2x a month from Classic Parts. Always 100 percent satisfaction from me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
1963c-10

I also did alot of ordering with them. I did a big write up on the issue. They claim that there was an "issue" with an order back in 2010 that they are just now bringing up after I have placed numerous orders since. I tried to place two orders this weekend, hadn't received the parts, check online (after getting verification of the order via email), and my orders were canceled with no notification. I contacted classic parts to be told there was an issue in 2010 which they cannot elaborate on and my orders are being sent to an internal dept in Classic parts and may not be filled. I told them to keep the orders as I would now cancel and use other venders. I used to swear by Classic parts. But how do you continue to mail parts for 3 years and then just cancel my orders out of the blue without telling anyone? This is bad business. I should have been contacted by them if there was an issue with an order. And why wiait three years after numerous other orders? This all make no sense to me, but I will not be doing any more business with them. There are pleanty of other venders I have used since 1988 and I will continue to use them.. Classic parts offers no reason for canceling the issues...they said a computer issue Wednesday to send me an email today telling me that it stems from a note placed on the account 3 years ago with a parts order that I did receive. Its bad business. I dont like to put thumbs down on people, but this site and particularly this thread is to inform people of both good and bad business. I never had a bad word to say until now. But their business is only good fo rthem if they collect checks. They do not care about customer service as my thread and several others here claim. I give anybody permission to contact in reference to my account and to verify what im saying as I know Im only telling my part. I have done over $8000 in business with them to be treated this way. No thanks. I will encourage everyone I know to stay away from them. Take a look at the scan....they accepted the orders than just cancelled them without any notice. When I contacted them, its computer problems. Just excuses. They can keep their business.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf scan1.pdf (55.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf scan2.pdf (60.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf scan3.pdf (54.9 KB, 53 views)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer

Last edited by 1963c-10; 04-12-2013 at 02:42 PM.
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote