The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #51
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

Re: Brothers strikes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTENTA1 View Post
They got me too!
Tailgate Kit on back order. No credit to my CC they have to send out a check. Oh wait they did send out the check but I never got it!
They cant do a stop payment/ Hhmmm Odd!
They can't send a new check till records show it was not chashed.
This was back in March.

Im calling BS on this one.

Pm sent to John @ Brothers
Call the CC company and have them issue a chargeback.
augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
John @ BROTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John @ BROTHERS View Post

To all board members, feel free to contact me in regards to any questions or issues. I can be reached via PM, via phone at 951-808-9790 or via email at "john@brotherstrucks.com".
Thank you,

John Lawrence
Operations Manager
BROTHERS Trucks
As stated elsewhere in this thread. Please contact me at anytime if you have any issues I can help you with (good or bad). Guys, I am on board almost everyday. If you PM me I will respond ASAP. I'm on here offering my help, use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTENTA1 View Post
They got me too!
Tailgate Kit on back order. No credit to my CC they have to send out a check. Oh wait they did send out the check but I never got it!
They cant do a stop payment/ Hhmmm Odd!
They can't send a new check till records show it was not chashed.
This was back in March.

Im calling BS on this one.

Pm sent to John @ Brothers
CTENTA1, as already PM'd, the second check shipped out yesterday via UPS to confirm it will arrive this time. Tracking number PM'd as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
Get your credit card involved, sounds like they are committing fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie View Post
Call the CC company and have them issue a chargeback.
He paid for this order in cash in our Corona, CA showroom. Therefore, we did not credit his card since it had not been used, a refund check was sent via mail. He stated it did not arrive, after a grace period we determined it had not been cashed and re-issued another refund check. This time we used UPS for a delivery confirmation.

mikey531 - PM sent
Three8six - PM sent, received - Message left on your answering machine.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #53
-sean-

John, do you get the feeling that something is wrong in the customer service department at Brothers... seriously. Is there anything being done to correct any of these issues?
I still cant even get a catalog. You do sell parts that I want. I would never order them again but would have my nephew pick them up for me and ship them to me, he's in La Mirada not far from your facility.
-sean- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #54
mikey531

Just got a tracking number for my order from John. Seems like they are trying to get things corrected.
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #55
John @ BROTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
John, do you get the feeling that something is wrong in the customer service department at Brothers... seriously. Is there anything being done to correct any of these issues?
I still cant even get a catalog. You do sell parts that I want. I would never order them again but would have my nephew pick them up for me and ship them to me, he's in La Mirada not far from your facility.
Sean, I don't believe anything is wrong with our customer service dept, it just needs tweaking every now and then. I have a good group of guys here who are knowledgeable and strive to to give you guys the best buying experience they can. Believe it or not, I am glad when people post issues because that is an opportunity to do fine tuning. I do wish you guys would get me involved earlier so I could be more proactive instead of reactive. Ultimately this business comes down to customer service, we strive to learn from our mistakes and do our best to make sure they don't happen again. Please PM me your address and I will personally put a catalog in the mail for you.
Thanks,
John
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #56
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Great follow up John. I know you guys are super busy, but more presence on the forum might be beneficial. Thanks for getting this worked out.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #57
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

John thank you. The only question I have at this point is why someone would expect a cc credit if they never used the cc to pay. That is kind of against and cc co policy... check issued refund on cash is standard all over.

Thank you again for taking the time to follow up
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #58
-sean-

Quote:
Sean, I don't believe anything is wrong with our customer service dept....
Please PM me your address and I will personally put a catalog in the mail for you.
PM sent for the catalog, thanks.

I guess in the end it really comes down to standards and like opinions, they can vary. Some folks (I'm one of them) have high expectations when purchasing a product, specially when that purchase is made on-line with a CC and shipping is involved. When I sell something via the board, eBay or CL I make sure I have easy, open communication, provide any shipping info I can and I try to be as straight forward as possible. There are board members here (sharpie for example) selling items in the classified section that exceed my expectations (not easy to do) and would be a good roll model for others to follow.
All that being said, I do appreciate the fact that you do come on the board to state your case instead of just blowing it off.
-sean- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #59
olblue60@aol.com

As large a customer base as this site has the potential to generate for Brothers, and all the bad publicity that Brothers gets over and over for their bad customer service, one would think that they would re-evaluate their customer service policies after all this time. Why would they pay to vend here and send out such a strong message to then be avoided ?? There are alot of vendors not listed in this section of the forums. Brothers seems to be one of the vendors most mentioned here. Apologies and excuses are getting old. Perhaps your customer service policies do need to be re-evaluated.
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide

Last edited by olblue60@aol.com; 05-19-2011 at 12:37 PM.
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #60
John @ BROTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
more presence on the forum might be beneficial.
I agree!

Just to reiterate, your recommendations and suggestions are not falling on deaf ears. I am not offering any excuses, but I do apologize to anyone who has had an issue with our service. If anyone would like to further discuss it in detail, I can be reached by phone at 951-808-9790, via email at "john@brotherstrucks.com" or PM'd on this forum.
Thank you,
John Lawrence
Operations Manager
Brothers Truck Parts
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #61
mikey531

My order arrived at my Maine house, just as John said it would. I don't know what I got yet and John told me that some items were backordered. My experience has been good with Brothers.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #62
mikey531

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey531 View Post
My order arrived at my Maine house, just as John said it would. I don't know what I got yet and John told me that some items were backordered. My experience has been good with Brothers.

John did what he said he would, I got the door weatherstripping today which was backordered. I still have the cab mounts on BO.

Mike
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #63
truckdude239

same thing Ordered 9/19/11 all i ordered was a gas tank grommet and lower 4 core radiator mounts AS of 9/24/11 everything is back ordered with no notice, i have emailed brothers to see when and if they can give me a date to when they will be in

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #64
Three8six

Write everybody's names done and what they tell you. Oh and call them to remind me frequently to ship it. They lied to me about everything that "had" in stock. I got all my things about a month and a half later than when I was told. Also I cancelled some of the parts as all of a sudden they were no longer in stock when I called the next time since my order hadn't arrived.

Last edited by Three8six; 09-24-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: adding sentence
Three8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #65
OJ1988
Just a car guy

Yep, every time I have ordered, every item has been back ordered.

Emails not responded to.

Just ordered a bunch of stuff last week, off their big sale ad, get 2 emails conferming, second one said any back ordered items will be noted. None were noted. After waiting a few days, I check the site and it said, all items backordered, no date expected.

So, I canceled the order. I am sorry, but every item I have ever ordered from them, has been backordered.

If you are going to post a big sale, have the items in stock!

I will take my business elsewhere.
1970 C20 tow rig
OJ1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #66
oneoff

I just placed my first order with them last week and when I called the order in, they had one of the two things I needed. I purchased it and didn't back order the other piece. It came a little slow in my opinion, however it did come as I was told. I guess back ordering seems to be an issue after reading this thread.

After working for a large car electronics distributor for years, I would have to believe there's more to these issues than what's told. Someone is not being held to their responsibility,again IMHO.... My old company had several family/relatives working there and that was usually the case at my old company. I'm not saying that it is, just sounds similar.

At my old company we shipped approx $150,000 a day and we sent an email via UPS to the customers as the order was shipped, so they could track the time of arrival of their order. When dealers had to promise a delivery time to a customer, they couldn't be left in the dark.

Brothers does a lot of advertising, maybe they should pull back a little of those funds and invest in a better internal computer system to help their customer service. You can advertise to bring in new customers(which is very costly) or you can invest in keeping your current customers happy and returning, I think someone there needs to make a tough choice.

I hope they can turn this around, I for one like having choices on who I buy my products from, it keeps everyone competitive and that is good for all.

Dennis H
1969 Chevy C10, SWB, LS3,6.2L engine
1969 Chevy Chevelle SS,BBC, Convertible
oneoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #67
19stepSide72
wanna be 67

I too placed a order online. Everything in stock. Days later I receive an email stating they received my order. Still everything in stock. I call today and they are waiting for a back ordered item, huh? After reading everything on here I called and cancelled my order. I got told they called my house phone and left a message. No message no phone call. Glad I stopped the madness before I was stuck. Rob
Posted via Mobile Device
19stepSide72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #68
richards72chevy

Im glad i found this thread!
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #69
lilpoindexter

Quote:

Just to reiterate, your recommendations and suggestions are not falling on deaf ears.
Thank you,
John Lawrence
Operations Manager
Brothers Truck Parts
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #70
John @ BROTHERS

truckdude239 - PM sent
OJ1988 - PM sent
oneoff - PM sent
19stepSide72 - PM sent
lilpoindexter - PM sent

I can be reached by phone at 951-808-9790, via email at "john@brotherstrucks.com" or PM'd on this forum.
Thank you,
John Lawrence
Operations Manager
Brothers Truck Parts
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #71
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
Please refrain from such replies. If you read the sticky posts, they explain what this area is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I didnt read it until now. The answer is stick to facts, leave emotion out of it.

for example:

bad = I bought a whozicallit from that fkstick josh ( only name i can use safely for an example) who screwed me the f over. I paid this that n all my money was there in a day and that scum sucking sob didnt mail out my part for 3 months. Dont do business w this ahole or your gonna get bent over n done dry.

good= on sept 12 i answered a thread by josh located (insert link here) we made a deal on the whozicallit he had listed in the said link. We made arrangements for the deal and the money was paypal'd that afternoon. The parts, although in great shape, did not arrive for 3 months. There was no contact from the user, even after several PMs and emails from myself.

That gives the other party a chance to reply as well in an acceptable manner, while giving those who buy and sell a chance to make up their own minds for future purchases.

now for the disclaimer.. Josh has in no way shape or form had a bad deal with me on this site. His name was used as an example so that I would not get yelled at or whined to for using a name similar to someone else on the site, and therefore curbing the drama that was sure to follow.
that is taken from one of the sticky posts above.. with that said, a reply of the BS flag will do more harm then good. Please post in a less confrontational manner from here on out.

Thanks
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #72
Dano69c10

I think we all know about Brother's online website ordering system...
it does not inform you of back ordered items.

With that being said;
When ordering from Brother's Truck, I use the "Live Chat" feature to check which items are in stock before I order.
or,
I phone in my order and find out which items they have in stock and which are on back order.

Dano

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #73
USA69Z

Lets try this ,, i have asked for my money back ,, i have not recieved any parts.. I have emailed twice now requesting my money with NO reply.. reason , i ordered a set of lowering blocks 3 weeks ago,, ive had the money charged to my credit card the same day but thats where it ends.. i wait for my parts for 3 weeks,, nothing comes.. I send an email and the response is - we need more money for shipping !! how long would this of sat until i was told this? its not good enuf for me im afraid and i want my payment charged back to me. No PMs , just my money back,, check your emails im there waiting on a response.. 15th MAY 2012.
USA69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #74
John @ BROTHERS

USA69Z - PM sent
I will investigate the issue once it get to the office tomorrow morning and PM you the details. I apologize for the lack of communication and will have answers for you tomorrow. Once I get your contact information so I find your account, I will get you $$$ back ASAP as requested.
Thanks,
John Lawrence
General Manager
john@brotherstrucks.com
Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #75
ABURT

I placed an order on 4/27/12 it is now 5/28/12 and no items. I small part was back ordered so I told them to cancel and ship the parts that they have in stock. Still no word. I now just want my money back to go elsewhere. This is the first and the last time that I will order anything form Brothers.
ABURT is offline   Reply With Quote