The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
wwotr

2 thumbs up for "brothers"!

I ordered about $400.00 worth of stuff from them on Tuesday evening.
I received it TODAY at 3pm!!!

Now I know Brothers is in Southern California and I'm in the Northern part, but I was blown away by the speed of shipping.
Took the cheapest route (UPS Ground).
I was actually waiting to get these and then make my appointment with my Mechanic for the repairs. I really didn't think I'd see them until EARLY next week.
WHAT A SURPRISE.
Brothers comes through again.
Highly Recommended!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Re: 2 thumbs up for "brothers"!

Glad you got your stuff. They can be hit or miss on having stuff in stock.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
AusTx68

I placed on order for their one piece window kit on Aug 30th. I'm still waiting!

Last edited by AusTx68; 09-24-2010 at 08:33 PM.
AusTx68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Beuford

X2 with sinister. I've not always had a good experience with them.
Beuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
AusTx68

I will add that communication after the purchase is not very good. My last couple orders generated emails at the time of purchase but that was the last i heard from them. No shipping notification and no tracking numbers. When my last order didn't show up after 10 days I called to find out it was on back order. Gee thanks for letting me know guys! I'm still waiting to hear from them!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Well I can honestly say they put on a awesome Truck Show.

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
KevsClassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
jcis4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTx68 View Post
I placed on order for their once piece window kit on Aug 30th. I'm still waiting!
Yeah? Don't live in Hawaii or Alaska They wont even ship me a catalogue!!!
And wont even think of USPS to ship here most companies think we are a third world country since there is no UPS ground to here, yet UPS flies the Mail here daily and thier regular frieght! Come on Guys use USPS or UPS get a grip and offer a gound air type of cheaper service here to Hawaii!!!!
There are alot of HoT Rodders here in the islands that NEED parts!!!
Aloha
Marty
jcis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwotr View Post
I ordered about $400.00 worth of stuff from them on Tuesday evening.
I received it TODAY at 3pm!!!

Now I know Brothers is in Southern California and I'm in the Northern part, but I was blown away by the speed of shipping.
Took the cheapest route (UPS Ground).
I was actually waiting to get these and then make my appointment with my Mechanic for the repairs. I really didn't think I'd see them until EARLY next week.
WHAT A SURPRISE.
Brothers comes through again.
Highly Recommended!
Hey,
Great for u , my experience with Brothers was almost always the same (order 10 parts and get 5 or 6, Then there very sorry but the rest is on "backorder")

Usually good quality parts but when u don't have something ready to ship me, tell BEFORE i place the order so that i can go somewhere else if need be.

Just my 2 cents, but from all the Chevy parts places I've ordered from the only 1 that has come through 100% shipped on every order (around 8-10 now) has been LMC. Maybe just luck ...I dunno ....but when i am ready to bolt on the next part I want to at least know its on its way.......is that to much to ask? Occasionally LMC parts do seem like there not the best out there though, but most are average or better.

Brothers has good parts but I have always had this feeling that they don't stock much or maybe drop ship ....e-commerce everything.....thats fine if i know ahead of time!!....but they conveniently don't tell when u place the order ...which makes me suspicious.

Maybe they should take a lesson from one of the best retailers on the entire internet.......Summit Racing.....best web site.....best customer service...superfast shipping.....and most importantly, they tell you EXACTLY when the part ships.....If they sold...frikin groceries i'd would buy them from these guys....professional >>>>>>>>>>>

Good luck with your project, and if any Brother's reps are reading and u guy's have changed since my last order, about a year ago...I'll be the first to apologize.......LATER..........

-------------------------Rushnbobo--------------------
Attached Images

RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHNBOBO View Post
Hey,
Great for u , my experience with Brothers was almost always the same (order 10 parts and get 5 or 6, Then there very sorry but the rest is on "backorder")

Usually good quality parts but when u don't have something ready to ship me, tell BEFORE i place the order so that i can go somewhere else if need be.

Just my 2 cents, but from all the Chevy parts places I've ordered from the only 1 that has come through 100% shipped on every order (around 8-10 now) has been LMC. Maybe just luck ...I dunno ....but when i am ready to bolt on the next part I want to at least know its on its way.......is that to much to ask? Occasionally LMC parts do seem like there not the best out there though, but most are average or better.

Brothers has good parts but I have always had this feeling that they don't stock much or maybe drop ship ....e-commerce everything.....thats fine if i know ahead of time!!....but they conveniently don't tell when u place the order ...which makes me suspicious.

Maybe they should take a lesson from one of the best retailers on the entire internet.......Summit Racing.....best web site.....best customer service...superfast shipping.....and most importantly, they tell you EXACTLY when the part ships.....If they sold...frikin groceries i'd would buy them from these guys....professional >>>>>>>>>>>

Good luck with your project, and if any Brother's reps are reading and u guy's have changed since my last order, about a year ago...I'll be the first to apologize.......LATER..........

-------------------------Rushnbobo--------------------

I DO understand.
Now see my beef is with LMC!

I ordered a Cowl Hood from them and when it finally came in,
it had 3 large dents on it!!!
I called them and they said to get a quote on how much $$ to fix it.
The quote I got was $800.00
Now I KNEW LMC was not gonna cut me a check for that much, bit they DID cut me a Check for $200.00 and I had it in my hands withing 7 days.
They kept me as a Customer, because of their commitment to try and make things right.

Now if your talking about CPP, well thats a whole other problem!
I'll NEVER do business with them again.
You ccan read about it here at:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...72#post3439172
but please feel free,
RIP...."RATIKLE"

Last edited by wwotr; 09-24-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
AusTx68

Quote:
Maybe they should take a lesson from one of the best retailers on the entire internet.......Summit Racing.....best web site.....best customer service...superfast shipping.....and most importantly, they tell you EXACTLY when the part ships.....If they sold...frikin groceries i'd would buy them from these guys....professional
Amen to that brother! For all the reasons stated I'm a Summit fan for life!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
John @ BROTHERS

FYI - I am here if anyone needs assistance. I try to respond to PMs within 24 hours. I am on the board daily. Your guys input is very important to us and we take it seriously.

Quote:
if any Brother's reps are reading
We are here, we just prefer to handle customer service issues off the "threads" and via PMs, email or phone conversations.

Thanks,
John
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by John @ BROTHERS View Post
FYI - I am here if anyone needs assistance. I try to respond to PMs within 24 hours. I am on the board daily. Your guys input is very important to us and we take it seriously.

We are here, we just prefer to handle customer service issues off the "threads" and via PMs, email or phone conversations.

Thanks,
John
John...wait!
Don't I get a "Complimenters Fee", ?

Besides I see Front/Rear Bumbers, Eye Brows, Upper Hood Chrome for my
72 GMC Short Fleet in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!

P.S. John...if I can put you on the spot here...(see attached photo),
I need a set of these in GRAY.
Do you Make em'/Stock em/Special order them???
Attached Images

but please feel free,
RIP...."RATIKLE"

Last edited by wwotr; 09-24-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
I DO understand.
Now see my beef is with LMC!

I ordered a Cowl Hood from them and when it finally came in,
it had 3 large dents on it!!!
I called them and they said to get a quote on how much $$ to fix it.
The quote I got was $800.00
Now I KNEW LMC was not gonna cut me a check for that much, bit they DID cut me a Check for $200.00 and I had it in my hands withing 7 days.
They kept me as a Customer, because of their commitment to try and make things right.

Now if your talking about CPP, well thats a whole other problem!
I'll NEVER do business with them again.
You ccan read about it here at:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...72#post3439172
I almost forgot my bad experiences with CPP ....I know many guys that run Their master cylinders...but maybe they don't even manufacture them!!!

I think I placed about 4-5 orders with CPP 1 was 2inch drop front springs ...after busting my ball joints loose and destroying the boots ...buying new ball joints w/boots (they were bad anyway) put everything back together 3-4 hours later to stand back and take in the new lowered stance...surprise!!!

My truck now set 1 inch higher than it did before I started WTF ..my old set was not sagged because the truck sat perfectly normal before the swap. Now on my tenth beer and running late for a weekend show i did the old cut a coil and guess technique....now its was on the bumpstops ...drove it to the show 5 miles that way cussing all the way.

I know as much as the next guy about the variables in advertised vs. actual drop in coil springs but these were off by 3 full inches!!!

I think they're still laying in the backyard where i threw them...almost killing my cat...........................dont get me started.......................................

Bottom line ...Summit should by up all these crappy companies and start a whole original and aftermarket parts group for popular cars and trucks....I would never by a part anywhere else!!!!! .......I have absolutely no ties whatsoever to any retail or wholesale store of any kind ....all i know is i have literally placed hundreds of orders with Summit and they are batting 100% on every order ....they even went as far as paying for shipping both ways on a TCI tranny that I exploded shifting it at 6000 rpm in my 4500 lb. dually ...the guy at TCI stood by it but not the shipping charges so Summit stepped up and probably lost money when all was said and done. Even though they confirmed the tranny i bought was questionable in the weight and horsepower application it was installed in; not to mention my full throttle dually chirping shifts...............outta here...........

Come to think of it i am looking for a new hdtv ...if your listening Summit; if you start selling audio/ video i'll buy the first 1...LOL....outta here....were did I leave my BEER?...................Dammit..............Rushnbobo
Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
John @ BROTHERS

Quote:
John...wait!
Don't I get a "Complimenters Fee", ?

Besides I see Front/Rear Bumbers, Eye Brows, Upper Hood Chrome for my
72 GMC Short Fleet in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!

P.S. John...if I can put you on the spot here...(see attached photo),
I need a set of these in GRAY.
Do you Make em'/Stock em/Special order them???
Roger, the bumpers are currently on sale but when you are ready for the rest of the items, send me a PM. I will see if I can find a sharp pencil with an eraser (not looking to start a precedent).

As for the door panels, this is kind of weird but we do not offer them in gray but we do offer gray armrests. The main reason is the door panels are plastic, you can paint them whatever shade of gray you want.

Thanks,
John
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #15
Fastfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsClassics View Post
Well I can honestly say they put on a awesome Truck Show.

I was going to go but I thought it might be on backorder.
Fastfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
AusTx68

Quote:

Thanks,
John
I sent an email this morning and didn't get a response. I will PM you a copy.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
wwotr

Quote:
Roger, the bumpers are currently on sale but when you are ready for the rest of the items, send me a PM. I will see if I can find a sharp pencil with an eraser (not looking to start a precedent).

As for the door panels, this is kind of weird but we do not offer them in gray but we do offer gray armrests. The main reason is the door panels are plastic, you can paint them whatever shade of gray you want.

Thanks,
John
John...THANK YOU...YOU RAWK!!!
As for the door panels (and painting them.
Do you have any experience with this (or Customers that have)?
I would be purchasing them and throwing them in the Bed of the Truck for the Body Shop to paint, since the Interior is getting painted in Silver.
I guess with my limited knowledge of paint, the shop can put in an "additive" that helps the paint remain flexible so as not to flake/Chip???
Attached Images

but please feel free,
RIP...."RATIKLE"
Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:

Thanks,
John
John,

Thanks for stepping up and listening....I like to see someone man up and answer questions that consumers hardly ever get responses to.

You can look up my history of orders from your company and clearly see since about 2003 nearly every order was partially shipped which is really irritating when your expecting parts for a weekend build session.....

Here's a suggestion on solving my issues with your website ordering .....if you do this 1 thing I and many customers may come back

It's simple ...when i scroll through your parts online, next to each part tell the exact date that it will be shipped on all in stock items

If the item is not in stock or you drop ship from a third party....that's perfectly understandable.....just CLEARLY DISCLOSE IT BEFORE I ADD TO THE CART!!!

This is how Summit operates on every item they sell ...even items that they can't give an exact ship date( drop ship items) they will give you a window of time of shipment and disclose it before u commit to buy which they always seem to fulfill. This way us weekend builders know what we got coming in the brown truck when we order on mon. and expect on thurs.

With all do respect John if i sent u a pm the issue would be much less likely to get solved...because face it...if its between me and u all of us know there's no pressure on Brother's to change anything...its just me!!!! ....but when there's thousands of potential customers on this forum it becomes an "open" discussion; and if the builders feel confident in your response to these issues your company can only benefit.

We look out for each other each other and word of mouth in the competitive parts business on this forum is everything. I have to admit I was disappointed with almost every order i placed ...not in quality of parts but shipping delays and partial shipments on virtually everything!!!!

Maybe to be fair, Brother's has worked on these problems...the first quote on this thread seemed to get great service. Is this an anomaly or standard now for orders?......we want your parts......but we expect honesty in what is ready to ship and ,shipping times. ..............you've got the floor, convince me and you've got a loyal customer for a long time to come..................Rushnbobo.........
Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfun View Post
i was going to go but i thought it might be on backorder.
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................Rushnbobo...where did i leave that beer???
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #20
jcis4me

Quote:

Thanks,
John

John read post #7
Wheres my catalog?
Aloha
Marty
Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #21
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcis4me View Post
John read post #7
Wheres my catalog?
Aloha
Marty
Hey Marty,

We feel your pain, what kind of parts are u looking for? There is a forum for used parts for sale some were on these pages...im sure someone would take the time to package something to ship to Hawaii if the price was right. Maybe something like a hood might be a little pricy to ship...but small parts under 75lbs. all goes ups air to Hawaii and they also have over weight service up to 150 lbs. and over size service. You'll have to give the couriers a call and see what they can do.

But if your having no luck with getting a catalog ....i can guarantee u wont see a part shipped to any place that even looks like an island...i live in Calif. (the land of fruits and nuts!!) and look at the problems i have.

Call some of the other vendors mentioned around the site and see if they can help im not supposed to mention names but a good one is elle emm cee.....think about it!!!!

Aloha Bra, good luck..........BTW ....Send a PM and i'll help u out..................
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #22
jcis4me

Aloha Rush!
I am from the land of fruits and nuts too! Transplanted here about 7 years ago, I work for the Post office here in Hawaii, I know what can be shipped or not, but I have found out that most companies make deals with UPS to keep a trailer at their docks and pick them up and ship their parts. We at the USPS also have a pick up at your door service. You call us or E-mail us or ask your carrier to pick up the parcel and we are there happy to pick up your parcels. Oh and by the way we even provide Priority boxes and tape for FREE!!! We don't charge like UPS, We also have FLAT RATE shipping up to 70 lbs for one low price!
That is why I get a little hot under the collar when someone says we do not ship to Hawaii and refuse to ship by USPS. We in Hawaii are part of the USA yes we are in the middle of the south pacific but we are the 50th state.
And everything has to be shipped here. The funny part of UPS IS...
They fly ALL of the US MAIL here to Honolulu then it gets flown over here to Hilo And UPS surcharges their parcels because it has to be flown here, USPS flat rate parcels are still the same cost ANYWHERE in the USA, Larger parcels of course are more because of the size and weight.
Enough ranting for now, as for the parts I am looking for is a replacement gas tank mounted under the bed, and minor small custom parts, and I found a dealer in Vegas for my posi and gear set that will ship USPS which gets here in 5-7 days instead of UPS 2weeks plus.
I am just tired of people not using their brains and try to help out a customer get the best for their money, you would think that a retailer would go above and beyond in this tough economy to please a potential customer like me that is finishing a frame off restoration.
When and where does common sense come into play?
NO BRAIN NO HEAD ACHE!!!!!
Aloha
Marty

Last edited by jcis4me; 02-13-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:56 AM   #23
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcis4me View Post
Aloha Rush!
I am from the land of fruits and nuts too! Transplanted here about 7 years ago, I work for the Post office here in Hawaii, I know what can be shipped or not, but I have found out that most companies make deals with UPS to keep a trailer at their docks and pick them up and ship their parts. We at the USPS also have a pick up at your door service. You call us or E-mail us or ask your carrier to pick up the parcel and we are there happy to pick up your parcels. Oh and by the way we even provide Priority boxes and tape for FREE!!! We don't charge like UPS, We also have FLAT RATE shipping up to 70 lbs for one low price!
That is why I get a little hot under the collar when someone says we do not ship to Hawaii and refuse to ship by USPS. We in Hawaii are part of the USA yes we are in the middle of the south pacific but we are the 50th state.
And everything has to be shipped here. The funny part of UPS IS...
They fly ALL of the US MAIL here to Honolulu then it gets flown over here to Hilo And UPS surcharges their parcels because it has to be flown here, USPS flat rate parcels are still the same cost ANYWHERE in the USA, Larger parcels of course are more because of the size and weight.
Enough ranting for now, as for the parts I am looking for is a replacement gas tank mounted under the bed, and minor small custom parts, and I found a dealer in Vegas for my posi and gear set that will ship USPS which gets here in 5-7 days instead of UPS 2weeks plus.
I am just tired of people not using their brains and try to help out a customer get the best for their money, you would think that a retailer would go above and beyond in this tough economy to please a potential customer like me that is finishing a frame off restoration.
When and where does common sense come into play?
NO BRAIN NO HEAD ACHE!!!!!
Aloha
Marty
Marty,

Is that the truck your workin on? ....71 or 72? ...I'll see if i can hook u up with some parts from the mainland... give me a list ...use P.M. Rushnbobo..I have plenty of contacts on good used parts too and im sure if you post on the correct forum here you'll find plenty of great gearheads that are willing to help you with parts....TTYL ....Aloha....

Maybe an administrator can chime in with some contacts too!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
scottsdaleowner75
Account Suspended

I have an issue that i had with Brothers recently. I purchased a plastic dash pad cover to repair my cracked dash in my 86' K10. Well after prepping and installing it per the manufacturer's instructions and painting it with SEM's Shadow Blue it has to begun to crack! I was shocked. I don't blame Brother's as they didn't make the part but i do have a problem with the rep i spoke to over the phone at brothers about it. The attitude i got was unnecessary. He was basically saying it was user error. That i must have done something wrong when i installed it. I let him put his foot in his mouth. I didnt tell him i formerly worked for Custom Upholstery and Interiors in Corona or that i had installed dozens of these things before. I just politely asked to speak to a manager and he proceeded to place me on hold for the remainder of my lunch break and eventually i had to hang up. That bugged me. Maybe he was having a bad day, i don't know but it was that instance that has me looking for another vendor for my parts and i live in corona, LOL.
scottsdaleowner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #25
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

I rest my case; the non response of my last post to John at Brother's is troubling to say the least. I must assume that there position is that the thread will just go away and business as usual!!

We consumers don't want "private chat's" with vendors that seem to have recurring issues with their customers. This consumer wants want's some confidence that issues have been resolved and obviously others share the same concern.

We are not out to trash your company; just want to see some "public " communication about general shipping, delivery and apparently customer service attitudes!!!!

The only people I expect to be unresponsive or rude to consumers are insurance companies (claims dept. all of them) and anyone working for the government in a customer service position ie. DMV IRS and My State Senator.....these people do not rely on consumers to make money sooooooooo they dont give a sh$%.........

BTW: John I need some parts before my next show in 2 weeks .....whats on sale 67-72
Chev....Tell these guys on this forum that everything is going to be professional and honest and I promise I'll place an order ..........TTYL............