The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
c10vortec

'72 c10 Control Arm Question

Hello everyone! This is my first post to the forum, but I've been viewing the site on and off for the past 3-4 years and have found some awesome information.

Yesterday I started the dreaded control arm bushing replacement. My bushings were so worn that with just a little heat, they all popped right out! I was ecstatic about this because of everyone's horror stories about the process. But after inspecting the arms I realized that the driver and passenger side lower arms are not the same. I'm pretty sure that the driver side arm is the correct arm for this truck, but I will see what the community has to say.

The first pic has both arms, the one from the passenger side is on the left, and the driver side is on the right. It is easy to see that the driver's side is beefier with the double collared bushing housing.

The second and third pics are closeups of the passenger and driver's side lower control arms respectively

Should I search for the correct arm for the Passenger Side? I have all new Shafts and bushings in the mail. I also assume that the new lower shaft won't fit the current arm from my passenger side anyway. This had to be installed by the PO, I've had the truck for almost 5 years and haven't noticed any other abnormalities yet.
Thanks in advance
Attached Images

c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
Dadgummit

Re: '72 c10 Control Arm Question

Hey that drivers control arm is from a 73-87 truck. Those came with rubber bushings.
Dadgummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
c10vortec

Re: '72 c10 Control Arm Question

Ah, I see. Well I guess I'll start searching for an original arm in the area since i have already ordered the 67-72 shafts. Thanks
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote