The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Good week for my collection

Got a bonus at work, so I spent some on my collection. Picked up another zylmax stepside, a pair of Hwy 61's and another jada 1/24 in a color I didn't already have. Also found this marx service station at a farm auction last weekend. I had one already I use for 'parking' my 1/64's on. I need more shelf space.

If someone has a purple 1/24 jada they would sell, send me a pm.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Otsa580
I Love Rusty Chevys

Re: Good week for my collection

Nice looking models. The service station is sweet.
Otsa580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

That service station is in great shape. I've never found one in the right condition or it was too much money. Where did you find that zylmax?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsa580 View Post
Nice looking models. The service station is sweet.
Thanks, I have 2 service stations. My other one has the pumps and signs included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That service station is in great shape. I've never found one in the right condition or it was too much money. Where did you find that zylmax?
Got the zylmax on ebay.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Just adding to my old thread rather than starting a new one of the same topic. My recent aquisitions. The yellow one is a slot car, the orange one most of you are familiar with.

One of my Christmas presents was the new greenlight Dazed and Confused version, and I bought myself the Black Bandit.

Another Christmas gift here. My wife chose this one because it reminded her of mine from when we met (I had black primer at the time). This is a limited edition.

Lastly I got one of the new NAPA trucks that I've been watching on ebay for a while. I actually got this at my local NAPA. Funny thing is that the guy working today knows I'm a huge fan of these and was goiong to tell me about it when I came in next.

I'm looking for the new hot wheels blazers now and plan on getting the hwy 61 eagle version next.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Nice! So,someone is making that Blazer HO slot car again? I got that Napa truck last fall at a store in a town where a friend lives. I never saw one at my Napa store. It says it's from 2010. I've been wanting one of those First Gears and really want one with just a plain old factory looking paint job. The Cabella's and other promos just didn't quite motivate me. I like this Napa one because that's who I prefer to use for parts around here and it's done in a style from '67 as if it could have been an actual parts hauler. After all,Napa doesn't even use black & yellow anymore.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #7
cable666guy

Nice collection! That Hiway 61 is way up on my wishlist, and I'll have to keep a look out for that Jada now. Come to think of it, there's a little NAPA shop not too far from here!!
cable666guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've been wanting one of those First Gears and really want one with just a plain old factory looking paint job.
This is the one you want then...

Here are some pics of the rest of my collection...

I'm not missing too many that I know of, but a few I'm still trying to track down are the other hwy 61's which I only get when I can afford to and There are more versions of the NFL ones and jada showroom floor series I'll probably collect over time. Also want the 1/64 scale ertl ones. I just have the bell system one now but there was a napa versin and I think a plain one also.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
This is the one you want then...

... Also want the 1/64 scale ertl ones. I just have the bell system one now but there was a napa versin and I think a plain one also.
Yes,that's the one. And there's a medium green one I believe. I'd buy this one for another commercial version if I found one:

I have a couple of those 1/64 Bell Ertls...one in pkg and one kinda rough I got in a pkg deal to restore. Would like to find a Napa one but I do have this one:
Attached Images

Tim

Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I got a couple new item for the collection. One I got on the board here and its one I don't remember seeing before. Right time to hit up the parts board I guess.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

And then tonight I won this plastic toy version from Processed Plastic Co on ebay. I think they were pretty big back in the day. Did a big wheel knock off, those army guy toys and a bunch of other vehicles. I found some on ebay (didn't bid) for corvettes, camaros mustangs and mavericks, among others. I like that it has GMC logos but a 68 chevy grill.

I guess there is a "weekender" version also with a camper.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Very nice collection. I'd really like one of those black and yellow NAPA trucks, but I'll never find one up here in Canada even though we have NAPA stores. You are a smart man as I see your models are either in their original box or in a display case. That is the way I have my collection.
Posted via Mobile Device

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Very nice collection. I'd really like one of those black and yellow NAPA trucks, but I'll never find one up here in Canada even though we have NAPA stores. You are a smart man as I see your models are either in their original box or in a display case. That is the way I have my collection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, its been fun and it gives me options to ask for as gifts from the family. Most of my newer trucks that are not in the packages are duplicates I display of ones I have in the original packaging.

I can probably get you one of the napa trucks here. I think they are around $40 plus tax, and then a little bit for me for my time plus shipping.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Found one on ebay that I actually won for a decent price. Should be here next week. This will be my 5th one of the Highway 61 diecast. I'd like to get them all eventually, except that green one with the white stripes. That thing is ugly.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Found one on ebay that I actually won for a decent price. Should be here next week. This will be my 5th one of the Highway 61 diecast. I'd like to get them all eventually, except that green one with the white stripes. That thing is ugly.

I was watching that one and like I always do was going to wait until there was 10 seconds left on the auction to put in my bid, but I forgot about it and when I checked the auction was over. I agree with you on the new green one with the white stripe, who ever dreamed that color scheme up should be fired. These Hiway 61's are hard to find ,especially at a reasonable price. When they came out with the red and white and blue and white 72's this past spring I bought 2 of each seeing they didn't make very many of them.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
ryans69chevy

Very nice collection! I noticed you have exactly what I wanted to do with the chevy ads! How did you get that 1970 chevy truck driving through water so big?? I wanted to take an ad and get it blown up and framed, but the store I brought it to said they couldn't do it because of copyright infridgement?

Thanks,
Ryan
Posted via Mobile Device
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
Very nice collection! I noticed you have exactly what I wanted to do with the chevy ads! How did you get that 1970 chevy truck driving through water so big?? I wanted to take an ad and get it blown up and framed, but the store I brought it to said they couldn't do it because of copyright infridgement?

Thanks,
Ryan
Posted via Mobile Device
It's just an 8x10 or 8.5x11 frame with a magazine ad.

Here are my latest finds. I'm pretty sure my wife got a couple from my list for christmas too, but I'll have to wait for those.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Got this one in todays mail. Bought from hilljob26 in the classifieds. He has a couple of the diecast blazer banks to sell if anyone is interested, could PM him. One is the Wix filter and the other is JC Pennys Auto.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #19
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Found a new one in the wild tonight at a target. This was the only one on the shelf.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I got a couple updates here now. The other day I posted my new hot wheels truck, which I was thrilled to find. Another thing I got earlier that day, which will eventually end up holding some of my truck collection is this bad boy...

Before I bought it I took a similar sized die cast at the antique store and set it on top and inside the trailer and it should work to hold some 1/25 scale trucks. I've been looking for a good deal on one of these off and on for a couple years. Finally got this one for just $27. It's not perfect, missing wheel covers and the rear ramp, but it will be a good base to customize. Still thinking about color options and if I want to do any metal work to it.

Then this morning I was looking through the posts in this section of the board and the GMC question came up again. Still limited options, the most common being the AMT 72 GMC stepside. So of course I go on ebay and start searching, and find this one on a buy it now for a good price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290828762147...84.m1497.l2649

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Todays new additions...

I also ordered a few more that I didn't get as gifts. I'll post those as they arrive.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 12-25-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I finally got delivery of the ones I ordered after Christmas.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #23
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Found this at a walmart the other day. No singles on the rack, just the 3 pack and they also had the same red truck in a 9 pack.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #24
Desert.Chevy

Nice collection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Desert.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #25
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Been a while since I added anything to this thread. I picked these 2 up at a toys r us a couple weeks ago.
Attached Images