The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2022, 11:09 PM   #1
dmjlambert

PDLC Smart Film window tint

I am thinking about ordering a PDLC Smart Film window tint panel for my back window of the truck. I don't know if it will work for my purpose, but I'm hoping it will block heat of the sun when it's beaming through the back window onto my shoulders and head. And block high beam lights from a car following me. It is a window tint that can be switched from clear to opaque. It can be ordered in different shapes and sizes. Amazon.com sells samples of it, and then I would contact the manufacturer to have them custom make the size I want. It supposedly comes in different colors, but white seems to be the color commonly shown in online videos. So I have questions about colors and whether it will block heat of the sun at all that I need answers for, before I would buy it. And some of these films have variable controls so you can dial in the amount of tint desired with a volume knob, and others are just on-off controls.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/HOHO-Electron...dp/B077P4QJT1/

I told the seller I would like to put this in the back window of my truck and attached a picture of the back glass shape and rough measurements and he says it is not made for cut to fit at home and they should cut it before sending to me, and they would like a CAD drawing of the glass. The price for large back window size would be about $268.

What do you guys think of this, does anybody have experience with this stuff? Do any of you know about making a CAD drawing, is that something easy?
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote