The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2021, 04:13 AM   #376
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So another long overdue job done after work last night was to fit the Dentists lamp in the carport for inspection of engines and other detailed items when you need a super light source.

Thanks to Paul “Oblertone” who brought it up to me and left it with his daughter in Essex to collect a few weeks ago.

So I prepared two 100mm x 50mm pieces of wood to fit between the roof beams, and painted and screwed them together.

Then found my 65mm drill bit (call it what you want) to drill a hole through for the adjustable hanging post to go through, as well as the wiring from the lamp to mains.

One of those purchases made years ago from a member on UKGSER who needed to move it on. At £80.00 it was and is a bargain.

My other 1950’s drillpress has ceased to function, tripping the power when you turn it on.

Used the rattle gun to run the coach screws in to hold the mounting plate in place, and cut the excess 10mm off the rear with a cutting disc.

Mounted with some more free hardware.

Its not going anywhere.

Light fitted.

Mickey of course came around to check up on me after he had his dinner.

He liked it.

Tucked away.

And seen in perspective.

Does not get in the way of headroom.

Of course I had to go see just how bright it is after sunset as well.

I think it works.

One dentists junk is another mans treasure.

Dismantle mobility scooters rear end tonight.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #377
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice setup with that lamp. Now I have to go bug my dentist to get one of his old ones.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:47 AM   #378
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice setup with that lamp. Now I have to go bug my dentist to get one of his old ones.
Bill,

I am pretty sure you will find one somewhere.

Just look out and put the word out.

Yesterday afternoon I managed to sort one of my treasure piles out.

All the steel “off cuts” that I had stashed in the garage went out to one shelf in the new wood store. After I rearranged some wood and added a few brackets for very long 8 meter lengths of plastic pipe.

Next job was to remove the motor, brackets, controller module and other junk as well as rear axle from the mobility scooter chassis.

The gearbox opened, I removed all the gears and closed that up again.

Cut the centre post off, all other loose tabs and ground it all smooth.

Then reassembled the rear axle under the chassis.

Rake added.

Current thinking is to lengthen the chassis.

Possibly source a cheap go kart rear axle, narrow it and refit with wide tyres.

OR…….. (and I need advice here)

Use a regular driven lawnmower rear axle and whatever mechanisms are in it, to fit a mower engine and its bits to make a simple, slow (safe) little ride on.

Thanks to @forddan68 for picking up a Schwinn kiddies tricycle for me on his way home last night.

No, I have no idea, I just like them. They are never cheap, and looking at the condition of this one, they should be cheap.

Needs a ton of cleaning up and paint.

But hopefully be a nice little side project

I am thinking red and Lime green.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:55 AM   #379
Grizz1963

Well, going in some direction, just not sure if it is the right one.

Yesterday I had given to Sally for putting up with me.

So it was a bit of shopping, lunch and coffee at the Turkish in Chatham.

Also some food shopping.

My day was made when I found some USA made Cajun spice, I love cooking with it, as does Sally.

Before we went out, I was looking on Marketplace for a gokart rear axle and some wheels.

Found a seller who had a load of plastics and brackets, and messaged him on the off chance that he may have more parts to sell, turns out he has a ton of parts, mini moto engines, quad engines etc.

But he also had a rear axle, with sprocket, disc and bearings plus carrier brackets and a spare wheel.

Cost?

£50.00 which is way out of my cheap ass league, not negotiable, but if you add up the value, I guess it is still a good price for what it is.

So he messaged while we were having lunch that I could collect.

Went there at 3.00pm after shopping, spent 45 minutes talking to him, Sally sat in the car.

Then back home with the bounty.

Sally went home to water her garden and do a few things.

Quicky mock up shows I will have to cut about 250mm or 10” out the axle and re~weld it to fit better in proportion to the front end, which I still like.

And once the chassis is lengthened it should come into proportion.

While down at the garage, mate Craig started to interfere from 80 miles away.

Sallys son was bringing back the mini moto I had given her for the grandson.

He had partially dismantled it, as it was not running right according to him, only running well on choke.

He had also tried unsuccessfully to “govern” it to slow it down for Harry.

Then gave up.

So in stead of buying some small used motor, I got given bck some small motor that I paid for already.

He brought is back and chatted for a while, then went off again.

So this is where @craigrk comes in.

“Why don't you build it as a TRIKE as you like different, that will be different” he asked me via text.

You see, friends……. Always creating havoc.

So I will take a look and see what a single rear wheeled creation works like, or else I will remove and add just the motor to the ride, narrowing the gokart axle and going that route.

Sally was back by 7.00pm and rather than sit indoors drinking or eating in front of the telly, we did all the cutting and prep for 4 more Blue Tit nests.

To be completed today, and when I get more Soudal Crystal adhesive.

Bootfair was cancelled due to weather forecast.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #380
Grizz1963

No bootfair, so a very lazy, slow start.

I don't think I ever had breakfast at 10.00am and then watched some Olympics with Sally.

Eventually made it to the shop.

Ad made some more birds next houses for Sally, every screw had to have a 1.5mm pilot hole as it is thin, nasty, IKEA pine bookshelf wood.

Once done, I set her off to start varnishing them with the brush she chose 10mm wide.

And I made a frame for one of the canvas prints, Anthony the one lodger made for me.

Done, as happy as I need to be.

Sally carried on painting.

But left at 13.00 to go cook Uncle Bob the hoarders meals for three days, and get ready for a BBQ we were headed to at 3.00pm

In the mean time I started to place bits together.

Rear wheel covered in a wooly hat.

Yup, I like that so far.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #381
Grizz1963

A few random things.

Not everyones interest, but hopefully something for everyone.

About 8 years ago I built this double nesting box.

Depending on the season, the blackbirds use it every year, and some other birds have built a next in the rear section.

Sunday night it came down.

Note the neat, weaved nest, incorporating moss etc.

Rebuilt.

Blackbird mansion,

And the other side, open for pigeons or whatever birds prefer an open, eaves type space.

Followed by a nice sunset.

Today I had to pick up an order and an eBay purchase.

Soudal Crystal adhesive for the blue tit Teapot nests.

On the way home I popped in at Uncle Bob’s to see a couple of motors he has.

£50.00 buys a Honda, no centrifugal clutch.

Or a B&S motor with centrifugal clutch, but V-Belt drive.

So options for the barstool racer.

The other item was 50 vinyl cutout stars to use for the gate.

Quite challenging to be honest.

Really hard rain came down.

Nice and dry under the roof too.

And finally a coat of blue enamel.

Lets hope the stars come off easily enough once dried.

And also that the positioning is good enough to look like a cartoon style flag.

Not an easy job, placing the stars.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:10 AM   #382
Grizz1963

Getting questioned about this door I am making, and the orientation of the stars and stripes.

So here are the reasonings.

Also remember, it is not a factory made, perfectly proportioned door. The hole is actually irregular, so I needed to just eyeball it and try get it looking a bit cartoonlike.

If you then go and look at the protocols for how the flag is flown, draped, or hung in various situations (and many people do not know these things about their own flags, including the Union Jack that has a top and bottom as well) you will find that the Union has to be to the left when applied as I am doing.

Hope this helps.

There's a right and a wrong way to hang the flag vertically.

Don't hang your flag backwards, upside down, or in another inappropriate fashion. If you're hanging your flag vertically (like from a window or against a wall), the Union portion with the stars should go on the observer's left. Never dip the flag to any person or anything.

History of the American flag - American flag layout

US flag has over 245 years of history. Our flag size calculator presents only one of 44 designs that the official American banner has had over these years.

It all started in December 1775, with the very first pattern that incorporated a Union Jack (UKemoji.jpg) into a field full of white and red stripes.
The second design in 1777 brought a very anticipated change - a union full of stars each representing a US states (there were only 13 of them at the time!). This US flag design consisted of 13 red & white stripes and the same number of stars.
Each flag that followed didn't last long - the US was continually expanding, and new states (and stars!⭐) were constantly being added.
💡 Americans always introduced new flags on the 4th of July!

The current flag was created in 1960 after the addition of Hawaii, the only island state located outside of North America. That was when the 50th star was finally placed in the union, creating the everlasting image we know today (which has specified American flag proportions).
Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 PM   #383
Grizz1963

Quick bunch of pics.

Went down to the garage this morning early.

Started to pull off the stickers, being that the plywood is as rough as it is, I expected some paint seeping under the stickers.

Not much of a problem though, as it is a gate/door in rear of the carport.

Result.

Mate Fil “Sparkplug” asked about a handle……

Of course, as removed from a disabled public toilet.

We needed it more.

And just placed in position.

Needs the frame to be made up, then door hung.

Plan is to add a small wheel to the underside.

This afternoon during my lunch break I cleared the deck, and then after work quickly pressure cleaned it.

Taken the day off tomorrow, another long weekend, Sally is off too.

So plan if it stays dry, is to put a coat of wood sealer and stain on, followed by another coat once dried.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:45 AM   #384
Grizz1963

So taking Friday off as a day vacation, I had thought it may be spent out back, doing stuff in the garage or yard.

But being that I know Sally rarely asks for or takes anything from me, I asked her what she would like to do, and suggested a walk in Whitstable and possibly lunch.

Of course we would go in the truck.

Surprisingly she agreed and was quite excited about Whitstable.

Nice drive down, parked up and went for a walk,,charity shops, sight seeing etc.

Tide was out in the working harbour.

Never seen it so low.

Typically maximised space.

Sally offered to buy lunch…..

Would I say no?

Cod and chips £9.00 Guess they see the tourists coming a mile away.

On the way back the tide had returned somewhat, looked a bit better.

And one of my favourite stalls.

Back at the truck Sally got in and I went to pay for parking, and walking back I noticed a mark on the rear bumper corner.

Bugggerr !1

Right through the paint layers, being a thick metal bumper it must have done some damage to the other car too.

I took a look and feel, and then took a pic.

At that, a Chinese (looking) guy and a lady came walking over and he said “That was my fault, I am sorry”

Now my responses could range between a tirade, decking him, or losing my dignity in other ways. But the damage was done, he confessed.

So I just calmly told him that he really should look where he is driving (as he had managed to cross over the lane and hit the truck) and to maybe be kind to someone else in the next few days.

The thing is, if he did an insurance claim, my truck is involved and the way insurance works of course, the next time I renew, I am a risk, regardless of cause.

And there are other little marks on both front and rear bumpers, so a respray will happen one day.

When I got home, I chatted with Dennis and he offered to mix me some paint for a touch up and post it out to me.

I declined as the front also needs doing.

However, again………

Look at our exchange to realise just how good life is, and how many good people there are in the world.

Have I mentioned, Life is good.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #385
Grizz1963

The deck we built two years ago has now weathered so I pressure cleaned it, then added two coats of decking protector ( does this stuff really actually work) that cost £42.00 per 5 liters

Also used a narrow brush to paint both sides of each board, making for about 160 meters of straight painting.

My back certainly protested.

Pressure cleaner cut back a lot.

First coat done.

That wrapped up Saturday for me.

On to Sunday.

Bootfair today…….

Thankfully not,cancelled, despite rain overnight.

Started with a bang, well lets hope it is not a boat anchor for £5.00

Same seller sold me a bag of nuts, bolts n washers for 50p and threw in some roll of nylon line off either a kite flyer or some other application, maybe someone will know. Free is good, and I will use it to just string out lines in the garden etc.

5HP Briggs and Stratton in 4 Stroke flavour, with centrifugal clutch and sprocket.

Same seller had a load of site signs, mostly 10mph and one random other that I had to have at 50p each.

Next up, a Hotwheels car for Craig, VW SP2 at £2.00 not cheap, but possibly not too common.

Later I found this medics Jeep for 50p and had to have it.

So other items included 3 more teapots for £2.50 to make Sally more bird nesting boxes.
A pair of tyre pressure gauges for £1.00
Two little clamps for Craig £1.00
Novelty mug 50p
Snap On toolbag £1.00

Not a lot of stuff, but if the motor runs, a winner of a day.

Later I got some paint brushes and started to clean the engine.

The motor had been stood in a shed for 10 plus years, so my risk was fairly high.

First job was to clean the air filter and wash it in petrol, followed by oiling it again.

Then cleaned the rest of the motor externally.

Came with centrifugal clutch and sprocket.

Fuel tank was not rusted out, thankfully.

Then I checked the oil in the crank case……..

Some mayonnaise and very greasy black oil on the two filler caps.

So I turned the motor upside down……

OOOOOPPPS, POOP !

Water dribbled out.

No oil.

So I drained it completely, then poured in about 200ml plus of clean petrol and closed the caps, shook the motor the best I could, and gently turned it over with the starter cord a few times.

Followed by draining the fuel, followed by another small rinse.

At this point , with the dry sump, I added some fuel into the gas tank, and tried to get it started…….

https://youtu.be/w_BqZJv_Wlk

Around this time, Mickey popped around. He always seems to pop around, is he a stalker ?

Anyway, we carried on and I went to make us a mug of coffee and tea for him.

While he fetched a bit of 10w50 oil and a small funnel from his garage.

So I filled the crank case.

Up to the sweet spot.

Then tried to start it again, with Mickey in charge of filming, just in case I got it going this time.

WOOOHOOO…. SUCCESSFUL.

https://youtu.be/LDcXvUAuA0Q

At this point, once the gloating was over, I put the motor aside and carried on with the bunch of teapot bird nests for Sally who was at work.

After which she came for dinner by 5.30pm.

And suddenly, long weekend over.

Thanks for checking in.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #386
Grizz1963

“AT LAST”

Gate hung at the rear of the carport.

Took a bit of effort to get it right, but happy to say it will close the hole and keep the weather out in winter especially.

My house is just offset to a road junction, and the last three or four years the rain water has run down the strret, and not under it.

This week, after repeated time wasting, a team came in to investigate, dig and rebuild.

Micky, typically made mugs of tea and coffee, and I offered cold drinks.

Clearly appreciated, as an onlooker I noticed they guys actually working, and the most impressive, is the way they have left the site every night, made safe, clean and swept.

Yesterday I did see this from my side gate……. Mickey and 4 guys watching one get on with the job.

Made me chuckle

Today was the second day I had upped my daily brisk walk to 3.5km

Not a lot, but more than I was doing 4 weeks ago.

A solitary skip up at the farm already produced me a 2.5 meter length or rainwater gutter pipe.

Today I found this, dusty, new and unused hough.

Netter than a barstool for the barstool racer.

Eyes open……
Old 08-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #387
Just call me Sean

There's supposed to be a guy leaning on a shovel. He must be on the other side of the truck.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:55 AM   #388
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Flag gate came out really good Rian.

Bill's Gallery
Old 08-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #389
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Thought I would chime in here and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one ... I check in on this thread every week. I really enjoy watching what you're up to across the pond. Just wanted to say thanks for all of your posts.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:25 AM   #390
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
There's supposed to be a guy leaning on a shovel. He must be on the other side of the truck.
LOL !!

Very few shovels used here, I am amazed at how the mini diggers are constantly pulled into use.

Quote:
Flag gate came out really good Rian.
Thanks Bill, I am very happy with it.

Made from scrap, and just a wooden gate close up, it suits both purpose and aesthetic in the carport.

I am sure I will like it in winter when it should reduce some chill and the breeze.

It’s rear faces directly into the weather and rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Thought I would chime in here and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one ... I check in on this thread every week. I really enjoy watching what you're up to across the pond. Just wanted to say thanks for all of your posts.
Hi CG

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

I have quite a few threads I check in on as well.

And I love seeing the stuff others get up to, not just cars, but the sharing of knowledge, skills, wins and losses.

I tend to write up on one place and then copy and paste followed by an sometimes.

Found this on FB posted by mate Edd, @boddieanddoyle

I really want the screen from @glenanderson and the rollbar I need to still make to create this look.

Most important will be finding a rollbar that is a bit thicker than the typical scaffolding tube people use.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #391
Grizz1963

Random small BBQ drum build.

A few months ago a friend who is a pianist and former restaurant owner, asked me if I could cut a damaged beer keg/barrel he had found with holes drilled in it in half for him in a way that he could use it as a small BBQ.

Being a pianist, I realised he had no real clue, so asked if it needed a stand as well.

Surprised he said yes please, as he had not thought of that.

I said. I would create something, using some of the angle iron I have stashed away.

So next plan was to figure just how and where to cut it, to avoid the holes someone had drilled in it. Weird, I know.

I also planned a very simple X-design stand as a cradle for the barrel.

In the mean time, I found two stools in a skip (lots of skip treasures out there) removed the nylon seating.

Mocked up, it looked pretty functional.

Then three 1mm cutting discs and a flap disc later.

It is amazing the tension in various parts of the structure.

Tabs cut so that it has some support for the old cooker oven grille planned to lay on top.

From there, I needed to make a decent grille for the floor on top of which the fire or coals can get lit, so that it can all breathe and create a load of heat.

With one more section of angle iron my welder called it a day.

Seemed to be the earth, as the trigger feed still worked, wire pushing out.

So I removed the earth cable an shoved a large phillips screwdriver in the hole, and triggered the wire to see if it arced……..

Yes. But only once.

I will also dismantle the trigger to see if anything is loose in there.

So I called it a day and asked a neighbour if I could tack the last bar with his welder, he agreed to this morning after 11.00

And completed.

So another small job done and out the way.

Today has been slow, a lot of rain, and had to go fetch Sallys Birthday pressent for Monday.

Romantic me.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:14 PM   #392
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice job on the grill/BBQ Rian.

Bill's Gallery
Old 08-08-2021, 04:03 AM   #393
Grizz1963

Quote:
Nice job on the grill/BBQ Rian.
Thank you as always Bill.

Even I like it.

Smallest bootfair ever. Well, seen smaller.

One for mate Craig

Total.

Dinner lap tray £2.00
Teapot 50p
Bech buggy 10p

Off to the garage to empty out welding caravan that is getting sold today.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:08 AM   #394
Grizz1963

So the welder died.

I thought I would check the contacts in thengun but all seems fine.

So next step, when I am in the mood (needs to be sooner than later) is to remove all the covers and check out the circuit boars for melt down, or loose connections.

If that fails to expose a fault, it will be off to a local repair place to see if cash can fix it.

While on the theme of welding, I decided to unpack the welding caravan, and move my tools and hardware into a cabinet.

Thus consigning the caravan to the surplus pile and FB Marketplace for £50.00

Over 40 messages, a bunch of super dumb questions, an offer to gazump the first guy who was headed over to look at it for £75.00 later, it was gone by Sunday 13.00

Sally swept the space it had taken up the last two years and I mentioned that it meant there was space for another car…….. she was not amused.

A really useful tool it turned out to be. Next life is a Snug for a 16 year old kid.

Sunday in-between all the messages bouncing around about the caravan, Sally had asked me to make more bird nesting boxes, and as she is never shy when it comes to helping me with car or garage duties, it was an easy yes. After all, they won’t go away. And people (her friends) have gone mad for them.

So I cut all the wood to size, angles for the roofs etc, and made her drill the holes and screw them together. With some squeaking and squealing she got on with it.

One cheap teapot short.

I have two Blue tit nests that have had families every year since I moved here 10 years ago.

But I decided to add one more to the wooden archway I previously put up.

My mum was a tea drinker, making her tea with loose tea leaves and always in one of these aluminium teapots that eventually sported a wooden handle and knob that my dad had made for her.

Using a license plate as a weather shield and an offcut as a cap over the entrance hole.

Today is Sally’s Birthday so I have committed the day to her.

But further plans for my week include a bit of gokart messing.

And if I can get onto it, I wanted to see if I could disconnect steering, dash connections and body from the chassis of the Rezin Rockit.

If I can get that done this week, I will chuffed to bits.

Rain is not allowing any outside play right now anyway.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #395
Grizz1963

Some days just don't go according to plan.

Today was a great day like that.

At least I got three bolts n 6 nuts undone and removed from the spare wheel carrier on the Rezin Rockit.

Update on that later.

Mate Sam came to collect the beer keg BBQ,

Sally made us coffee and cake while I painted the frame for him as he asked.

Painted.

After getting in from the walk and dinner, I primered and painted one set of rusty car ramps in orange, @50p a can, it is worth painting it.

As Sally left the sun was saying a good night too.

Rum and Pepsi tonight.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #396
Grizz1963

After the three bolts on the Rezin Rockit, we had got to 3.00pm

So Sally asked if we could go walk down to the Thames river for a walk and scavenge.

Photo dump.

A lot of water.

Jelly fish?

Bumble bees working.

Sally would not let me bring this home in her car.

But this bit of railway sleeper made it into her car.

Good walk, about 2.5 miles.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:36 AM   #397
Grizz1963

Taking the week off with Sally has given me time to get to loads of little jobs, also spend some “payback time” with Sally who always just gets on with stuff, often stepping back nd letting me get on with stuff, or mucking in and doing jobs I cannot be bothered with, or helping with the ones I am doing.

Of course it was her Birthday on Monday.

Yesterday mate Sam brought me two packs of South African style beef sausage “Boerewors” and collected his beer keg BBQ which I ended up then painting the stand of, rattle can takes a bit of time, so two hours of coffee, cake (thanks Sally) and visiting took a chunk if the day.

I rearranged the carport, helped Mickey with some extra hands at his place.

Then I got onto Rezin Rockit business.

As it had been a while since I bought the wheel adapters and spacers and I could not remember how it all fitted together, I though it sensible to get them together again.

So I have 4x108 hubs and 4x100 wheels that I still really like.

There are two different sets, both 20mm thick, and then 5mm spacers.

So all the wheel studs will need to be removed and replaced with longer ones.

I need to get a set of 8 shallow wheel nuts to attach the one set of adapters as they came without.

There are some of these black wheel nuts missing as delivered, so will look for them too.

Tyres will be replaced with fresh, wide rubber, none of this silly stretch, that does not suit this build.

Then up on a ramp in the rear using the jack and a tall block, chocks in place to prevent rolling off them.

Axle stands under the chassis up front.

This should help me a bit, as my back won’t let me crawl and slide around under cars anymore.

Seems stable as can be. Jerking and shaking it.

Mickey came around just when we were going to close shop to go for a walk along the Thames river as the tide was headed out.

So I used the opportunity to ask him to drive the rattle gun to undo the spare wheel carrier which was double nutted up under the rear of the body.

In situations like this you need extremely long, rubber arms, or a spare set of hands.

Typically the nuts were rusted well into place, but we managed to get them undone.

After this closing up shop and going for a walk and flotsam/jetsam scavenge was in order.

Loads of nice views and pics taken.

After dinner I went down and rattle can painted the other set of ramps with a 50p can of spray paint.

Looking forward a few more loosened nuts and bolts today.

Later.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #398
Grizz1963

Remember George Poteet whose car farm we visited last in 2019?

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread...g-dennis-kelly

Land speed record holder.

Good alround guy and philanthropist.

Been over 400mph more than 50 times.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-speed-record/

Check out the link above.

Seems that he is not slowing down, despite little challenges.

Amazed.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #399
Grizz1963

Had to laugh at myself today.

Went shopping in the truck,after osteopath getting my back done.

Once a year I eat a pasty, followed by heartburn to remind me not to have it again.

So bought these.

I hate messy food being eaten in my cars.

So I could not wait once I got out, and had to give it a go before heading home.

Still warm, it was rather delicious.

And no heartburn in the end.

Spent an hour with the Rezin Rockit in the end.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:57 AM   #400
Grizz1963

So yesterday did not go as planned (but I am on vacation so decide my own schedule)

Eventually opened the garage at 4.00pm and started by taking the hood/bonnet of the Rezin Rockit.

While looking for an adapter to go up in sizes with the cordless drill that speeds up nut removal, I rediscovered my long since forgotten about gas soldering iron.

Where was that when I needed it to redo the S10 wiring cockups.

Have put it back where I found it, hopefully I will find it next time it is needed.

So removing the hood was the easiest job.

After this it just got worse and worse.

My head may not have been in the right place and I felt really tired, maybe because of the heavy session with the osteopath.

She did warn me and I know I asked her to really go for it, because I had been struggling a while but woke feeling great this morning.

The biggest problem with any kitcar as mate Dennis and others have told and warned me is rust, and corner cutting.

On this car it certainly has become apparent very quickly.

And then the things like Phillips head self tapping screws used generously all over are a major pain.

Add to that, a load of silicone sealant generously applied on every contact point between the chassis and fibre glass body.

It is going to be a nightmare trying to unbuild this thing.

The existing brake lines are threaded through the body in places.

I was thinking that to try unbuild them from the drums and one calliper (one is missing, as is a rear drum) may be a waste of time, and best just cut them and restart with making up new brake lines as the brake booster etc seems to have seen better days too.

Right now, not having much fun.

So last night after 90 minutes, a load of Duck Oil in a few places, and about 10 bolts undone and removed, this was the state of play.

Today I need to clean house, and Sally has asked me to help Uncle Bob with some trees that need cutting down at his house where the garden has had 14 years of pretty free reign.

Wish me luck, or come help.