The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #26
kipps

Re: What would you do ?

At some point, you got to decide whether it's worth it. The only item of monetary value involved is the trees.

Were those trees ones that you would have cut down anyway to develop your lot? Are they really worth anything as saw logs? Here in Virginia, the logs(oak) are usually just stacked to the side for the next woodchuck guy who comes along looking for cheap firewood. It's seldom worth hauling a single load of saw logs into the mill.

If you're intending to sell the lot, just move the chickens to his lot, hire a guy with a skid steer to tidy everything up a bit, remove the gate and sell it to a local farmer, then list the lot with a local real estate agent.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #27
Grumpy old man

Here are some pictures , We need to go back and get more and have an Arborist come in and count , Measure and classify the # of tress that are down or damaged if you look closely you can see the orange X's paint on many of the trees he planned to take down . Also the chicken coop he built and a chicken run he used some of the 4' cyclone fencing I had on the property and nailed it to the trees for a chicken run , I'm calling animal control today about the chickens he left there . I also had about 60 cinder blocks there and he used them to build a fire pit . Its a mess . I offered to sell him the lot ,He told me that would cut into his home building funds and he didn't want it now
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #28
57taskforce
All about them K’s

What an idiot. That sure sucks bad. Hope you can get it resolved in a way that benefits you.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #29
Grumpy old man

Most if the trees on that lot are white oak , I'm not sure how to get orange paint off a tree . he doesn't have any clue on how to build a chicken coop , How would he even try to build a house ?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #30
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
At some point, you got to decide whether it's worth it. The only item of monetary value involved is the trees.

Were those trees ones that you would have cut down anyway to develop your lot? Are they really worth anything as saw logs? Here in Virginia, the logs(oak) are usually just stacked to the side for the next woodchuck guy who comes along looking for cheap firewood. It's seldom worth hauling a single load of saw logs into the mill.

If you're intending to sell the lot, just move the chickens to his lot, hire a guy with a skid steer to tidy everything up a bit, remove the gate and sell it to a local farmer, then list the lot with a local real estate agent.
The value of the trees was aesthetics live healthy trees for the buyer of the land to decide what they want to do with them , So you want me to hire a bobcat crew to clean up the mess and deliver the chickens and coop to him ? Maybe I should run up to Walmart and get him a nice lounge chair and some beer so he can be comfortable while we take care of the problem for him ? Not many farmers around here have purple gates and a couple new ones are about $300.00 and I have to remove and re install what I already had before this guy came along . Nahh ! I think it's already past time for the Sheriff to get involved , He had a chance to make things right and he said he didn't have time . Now he will have to make the time .

Time to go back to being Grumpy old man , Being mr nice guy isn't working !.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #31
67C10Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
The value of the trees was aesthetics live healthy trees for the buyer of the land to decide what they want to do with them , So you want me to hire a bobcat crew to clean up the mess and deliver the chickens and coop to him ? Maybe I should run up to Walmart and get him a nice lounge chair and some beer so he can be comfortable while we take care of the problem for him ? Not many farmers around here have purple gates and a couple new ones are about $300.00 and I have to remove and re install what I already had before this guy came along . Nahh ! I think it's already past time for the Sheriff to get involved , He had a chance to make things right and he said he didn't have time . Now he will have to make the time .

I would say you are correct here. We all can make mistakes, it is what we do after we realize a mistake was made that tells everyone who we are. Looks like this guy has to learn the hard way. It may take a while to get your restitution but you know you are in the right and this is not a small amount of money we are talking about. If it were $1000 or less I'd say it's not worth the hassle but this is way north of that in damage.

I have a dearly departed colleague that used this statement and I have used it a few times myself, "You are going to make me be an ***hole aren't you?"
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #32
Blue GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post

You are way nicer than me would have already had the Sheriff out the second he missed your deadline. If the listing is still up with pics of your property don’t forget to screenshot it for evidence. Time to get an estimate to repair the property to the condition before he stepped foot on it google earth should have a good above view of the property. Then don’t forget additional damages for time, stress, and aggravation.
Blue GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:17 PM   #33
dagnabbitt

I've never followed a thread so closely I want to know what happens next. The world is full of idiots and I accept that, but this guy is really something else, most idiots know they are idiots and apologize for it. Hoping for some comeuppance.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:31 PM   #34
Getter-Done

I am Following also.

I am Mad for you also

I hope you can get this resolved.

He's taking away from your Truck time.

,...../////////
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #35
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

As for what I'd actually do, my pit bull of a wife would have our attorneys all over it. Pretty sure that our attorneys are as good or better than his. I wouldn't have to do anything but watch the fur fly.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:10 PM   #36
Grumpy old man

You know , At first I was really mad and after talking it over with Mrs Grumpy last Monday night after the first time he called me screaming about being on his land , Then Going to the courthouse and proving he had made a huge mistake , We gave him to the next day to take care of some of the issues , Moving the chickens and coop , removing his equipment fixing the gate replacing the gate lock , and other than removing the tools he rented from the local equipment store that needed to be returned , The chickens are still there being cared for by a neighbor until animal control can pick them up from being abandoned by him and then he cuts down another tree on "his" land and takes out a power line for the whole subdivision . And then calls screaming he wants a release from liability for him and the real estate company so he can buy another piece of land he found. I had another discussion with Mrs Grumpy last night and this morning and her final response was , Well Mistakes were made and we gave him a chance to fix the easy things to fix , He didn't do any of them , He chose to cut down more trees and took out the power , The chickens are still there , Some times you just can't fix stupid . So Now it's with the sheriff and lawyer it's what they do for a living ... Fixing Stupid . On top of everything else he'll be charged with animal cruelty .

Old 09-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

I believe he is liable to the power company for his damage to their equipment.

Tapping into his building fund if he buys your property? He tapped into his building fund when he so hastily jumped onto land he bought sight unseen and never got directions to from the realtor. He should put his lot, where ever that is, up for sale to buy yours. He seemed to like it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #38

First off… I’m sorry to see you n the situation grumpy.
Lawyer…you need to see one before you do anything else. They can advise you of all your rights. You stated you are going to see one that sold you the lot so I hope he or she deals n land deals solely. Laws can vary from state to state, so getting anyone else involved before this could b a waste of more time and money. If there are charges to be brought, then let them file the paperwork for you.

Sheriff…..This may sound crazy but, they enforce the law but they don’t make the law so just going and getting there opinion on things may not work out like you think. You can get him for trespassing , destruction of private property and harassment. But he is no longer on your property so tracking him down to serve papers may take some time if you don’t know where he lives.

What ever you do, don’t sign ANYTHING!! You are giving away your legal rights when you sign a release. That’s why the real estate company wants you to do so now. They know there is a possibility they could wind up in hot water over all this. If someone can prove there wasn’t full disclosure by them in this matter, then the agent, along with the company it’s self could wind up paying for this whole matter. You have taken the high road in this matter and I commend you 4 it.I hope I am wrong but I think in the end you are going to be left to clean up the mess. Is it right…NO! But…it takes money for a lawyer,. It takes money every time you go to court. At some point ,you may just say ..”I will take care of this matter myself.” Like dewayne(getter -done) I’m in this all the way to the crash site.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:07 PM   #39
franken

I doubt the law will do anything. The response will be that it's a civil matter. You might get him on vandalism, but doubtful.
As far as the chickens, maybe put an ad up on craigslist or facebook. You might get a few bucks for them or let them go for free. Anything on your property is yours to dispose of as you see fit.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:27 AM   #40
Dead Parrot

Step 1: Buy that neighbor a case of their favorite beer or bottle of Rum, etc. Except for that phone call, you might have had a clear lot and half assed built house to deal with.

Step 2: Contact lawyer. The real estate company knows they bear some responsibility for giving their client the wrong info. One of their basic functions is to get their client settled on the proper land with the title searches and other inspections properly done. They have the deep pockets and know they will be included in any lawsuit. Bet they are the ones pushing for a liability release.

Step 3: Advise the local sheriff and county tax assesor of the situation and that you have already engaged a lawyer. Could well stop any action regaurding code violations which would be sent to you as the land owner of official record.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:34 AM   #41
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

What you need is a shotgun Wholly Toledo.

But really, good thing you contacted your attorney. With luck you'll recover some compensation. Nice of you to take care of the chickens, they're smarter than dip-(*^( and worth saving over.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #42
fun in dirt

DAAANG this is interesting! What a mess this dude has made for himself & you.
Following this tread & hoping it all ends with enough $ in your pocket to compensate for the trouble he's caused!
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'06 C1500 WT...DD
'07 Classic C1500 WT...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'72 Blazer "The Bucket" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433190
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173938
'69 Pro Street Chevelle http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332541
'86 M1031 CUCV http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=553619
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #43
Grumpy old man

Oh , It gets crazier , The neighbors still taking care of the chickens ( Looking for a new home ) Neighbor told me the guy and his girlfriend were open carrying side arms while cutting trees and clearing brush Just in case they saw a snake ? As of July 1 open carry and concealed carry is legal in Tn without a permit, Wonderful !

Old 09-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #44
67C10Step

Oh boy. Open carry is legal here in Arkansas as well but the shooting of snakes is not. I’m a 2A supporter and will not get into the politics and sanity of open carry but sounds like these two are not going to be the neighbors anyone wants to have. Might be time to sell that lot anyway……
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #45
Nick_R_23

Have you contacted a lawyer yet?
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #46
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 View Post
Have you contacted a lawyer yet?
Yes , Everything has been done already , The Sheriffs dept is aware and it's in the lawyers hands . it's the kind of story you see on the news ,Not something that really happens . I'm sure there will be more stories like this in the future with people buying land over the internet . But I think it's a terrible idea .

Old 09-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #47
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Like others, I have been following this with interest. As much as I am no great fan of lawyers / lawsuits, sometimes that's the best route to go. This is one of those times and I'm glad that's what you're doing.
Best of luck, I hope you come out smelling like a rose (legally speaking, of course ).

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Ain't no politics to it. That raging idiot carries a gun. Right, crazier now. I think he'll have to be cooling his jets down once the reality actually hits him. He'll be getting some mail

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #49
Low Elco

Past the previously mentioned parties, the title company needs to be involved, heavily. The two times I've done this, (and "professionals" tried to screw me both times, unsuccessfully) the title company was the be all end all stop at the end of closing, where you got all the official stuff, including the plot plan from the county. I'd find out who they were, and if they gave the idiot the right info, as that's their job. Then you can tell who's fault it is.

In other news, they moved from CHICAGO and they're open carrying in rural Tennessee? They got that one backward!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:54 PM   #50
best view

Be careful with people from Chicago they don’t have police anymore and shooting people is now a pastime
best view is offline   Reply With Quote