The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
blazer2007

Interesting news report on supply chain.

I always watch the news show China in focus and Gravitas and this was a interesting report on the supply chain. I never really new or worried about it. Is only 8 min. long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45gA1tdtmA
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #2
KW5413

Re: Interesting news report on supply chain.

The supply chain issues have put a lot of pressure on my small manufacturing company profits...some projects turning into to losses.

A simple air cylinder that took a week, or so, to receive now takes 6-8 weeks. Aluminum, steel an stainless tubing has not only seen big price increases, some diameters are difficult to land and the quality is terrible. Barely falling within mill specs. Tripling time spent in the lathes. Last year we brought in (10) 20' tubes of 8" diameter tubing that ultimately came out of France. We were building 110" rolls. They were almost impossible to work with.

We have a drive motor controller that failed under 1st testing. That was a month ago and our distributor still can't get us ship date from the manufacturer.

Practically all capacitors are made in China, Taiwan and Viet Nam. So, that is problematic in itself.

During the wood pricing fiasco, crates that I had budgeted $300.00 for cost $1,100.00 in materials. Every dime of that culled out of profits.

The list goes on and on. Hell, I had to replace (2) perfectly good printers because I couldn't source branded ink cartridges for them.

Not sure how long small manufacturers like me can sustain the supply chain and pricing pressures.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
Blue GMC

I sell building material and can honestly tell you it is getting worse. Orders for containers of screws and nails are now taking 6 months to get vs the 6-8 weeks last year and the cost of the product has more than doubled. Our last quote on shipping of a container was $6000 when it arrived the freight bill was $17000. Windows used to take 2 weeks for custom order now are at 16 weeks due to shortages and the answer is good luck for siding if it is not in stock
Blue GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #4
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I regret to sound so DOWN about what is happening to our United States of America ......

AND ! If this keeps up ,,and does not get fixed soon ,,we will see some very hungry and helpless Americans and it will come down to the haves and have nots..
I truly believe this as much as don't want to.. everyone best get some items to help you as the store shelves in my area are bare some on every Isle ..

Last edited by GOPAPA; 10-15-2021 at 10:31 AM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
KW5413

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I regret to sound so DOWN about what is happening to our United States of America ......
The world.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote