The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
1967ChevyC50Flatbed

Red face 1978 Chevy sport 4x4

Does anyone have any pictures of their original 78 chevy sport trucks my original color is midnight black with buckskin interior, I need to see what the original color of my stripes were, I bought an original dealer album that they would show you when buying a new truck and I got the design of the stripes but they are in black and white I need some color pics of the stripes it says I would have gold stripe design with my color combo in my book, also if anyone knows of any good chrome shops I got my original chevy sport hood orament and it needs restored but I don't know what to use on the plastic inserts to get the pieces to separate from the metal without destroying them trying to pry them off the original glue thanks any help would be great
Posted via Mobile Device
1967ChevyC50Flatbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
80SPORT

Re: 1978 Chevy sport 4x4

dealer promo brochure with black/gold
Attached Images

80SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
1967ChevyC50Flatbed

Do you know which factory colors were used for the yellow, brown, and white, also I'm in need of an original sport bumper with impact strips cause when I first got my truck when I was 16 4 years ago like any young kid wants I had to put a double tube wellcasing bumper on it and the old bumper stayed at my friends house where we welded the new one on, and I recently asked him where my old bumper was and he said scrap yard so now I'm having a hard time finding one with impact strips doesn't matter if it's chrome I can sandblast it off and paint it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum 1967ChevyC50Flatbed. Take a look in our Vendor Marketplace for some great deals on parts. I think Brothers sells the bumper your looking for.

Post pics when you can...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
80SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ChevyC50Flatbed View Post
Do you know which factory colors were used for the yellow, brown, and white, also I'm in need of an original sport bumper with impact strips cause when I first got my truck when I was 16 4 years ago like any young kid wants I had to put a double tube wellcasing bumper on it and the old bumper stayed at my friends house where we welded the new one on, and I recently asked him where my old bumper was and he said scrap yard so now I'm having a hard time finding one with impact strips doesn't matter if it's chrome I can sandblast it off and paint it
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe the stripes were a decal package....so your best bet is to deal with a sign shop that does vehicle wraps...have them work from the picture.
I have a red 78 Sport 454/bucket seat truck but the decals are long gone...I will get the same shop that did the stripes on my 80 to do them.
The chrome bumpers with impact strips were popular on suburbans so that is your best bet when looking for them;as you noted you can strip a chrome unit and paint it.;painted with impact strips were Sport only so they are very hard to find;as far as I know none of the vendors sell a 73-80 bumper with holes for impact strips.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
1967ChevyC50Flatbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SPORT View Post
I believe the stripes were a decal package....so your best bet is to deal with a sign shop that does vehicle wraps...have them work from the picture.
I have a red 78 Sport 454/bucket seat truck but the decals are long gone...I will get the same shop that did the stripes on my 80 to do them.
The chrome bumpers with impact strips were popular on suburbans so that is your best bet when looking for them;as you noted you can strip a chrome unit and paint it.;painted with impact strips were Sport only so they are very hard to find;as far as I know none of the vendors sell a 73-80 bumper with holes for impact strips.
Thanks man I don't know of anyone around my town but I wonder if Phoenix graphix could do something for me, I know noone makes a bumper I've checked everywhere haha had a chance to buy a 79 K10 on craigslist for $800 with the chrome impact strip bumper on it but they sold it before I could get it so the search is on again I really need a Nos hood ornament if you know of anyone that has one, I would really like to send my old one in to a vendor see if they could repo one as the same with phoenix graphix wish they could make a kit that's available at everyones fingertips instead of special order
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
1967ChevyC50Flatbed

I bought a 1978 Chevy Truck Dealer Album a couple months ago and this is just some of the info i got inside it if 1980 Sport doesnt have these heres some for your collection cause i bet im the only one on the net that went this far as far as getting a dealer album and uploading some stuff for 1978 Chevys
Attached Images

1993 Pontiac Firebird
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
80SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ChevyC50Flatbed View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of their original 78 chevy sport trucks my original color is midnight black with buckskin interior, I need to see what the original color of my stripes were, I bought an original dealer album that they would show you when buying a new truck and I got the design of the stripes but they are in black and white I need some color pics of the stripes it says I would have gold stripe design with my color combo in my book, also if anyone knows of any good chrome shops I got my original chevy sport hood orament and it needs restored but I don't know what to use on the plastic inserts to get the pieces to separate from the metal without destroying them trying to pry them off the original glue thanks any help would be great
Posted via Mobile Device
There is a new old stock Chevy Sport emblem up on Ebay......there is no good way to restore your emblem so a nos one is the way to go.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
1967ChevyC50Flatbed

Thanks 80 Sport ya I need it but they want a little much for it how'd you like the info on chevy sport stuff I posted got more where that came from in my album I'll post later
Posted via Mobile Device
1993 Pontiac Firebird