The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
jathur02

Suburban exhaust system upgrade

I'm looking at taking the stock exhaust system off of my 89' GMC Suburban and replacing it with something else, maybe with a nice stainless steel setup that's hidden where you can't see the pipes coming out anywhere. Has anyone done this or what would you recommend for this truck? I plan on doing this next month sometime, and with the truck being lowered 6" in the back, I'm hoping this won't get in the way somehow. I used the search function, but couldn't find anything pertaining to this subject really. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, it has been swapped out with a 5.3L Vortec engine..
jathur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #2
76Blue_Beast

Re: Suburban exhaust system upgrade

Hey there, hope you you had a good holiday.

I am currently running Headman headers the ceramic ones on my 350 tbi (91 suburban last of the squares) and have custom 3 in I believe dual pipe no cats all the way back to a pair of Mach1 mufflers. Has a great clean tone. And is great when you step on it. Sounds throaty and mean but clean. Sounds great steady unique deepish tone when cruzin on the hwy but can be reasonable when blending in passing cops lol.
76Blue_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
jathur02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Blue_Beast View Post
Hey there, hope you you had a good holiday.

I am currently running Headman headers the ceramic ones on my 350 tbi (91 suburban last of the squares) and have custom 3 in I believe dual pipe no cats all the way back to a pair of Mach1 mufflers. Has a great clean tone. And is great when you step on it. Sounds throaty and mean but clean. Sounds great steady unique deepish tone when cruzin on the hwy but can be reasonable when blending in passing cops lol.
I hope you had a good holiday as well, thanks. Could you possibly post pictures of your setup on here or PM them to me? What did it cost you to change it out, if you don't mind me asking? I appreciate the reply. I wanted to have something that sounded decent, but was also hidden at the same time.
jathur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #4
76Blue_Beast

Next time I'm up and it's not dark I can grab some pics. It was custom and the price will vary depending on who you use. And as far as headers goes should be a couple hundred . Mufflers will be similar or maybe a little more.
76Blue_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote