The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2022, 07:58 AM   #1
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Anyone going ? The C10 Nationals Event ?

Heading up,today, as a spectator

https://c10nationals.com/schedule-texts/
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:17 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Anyone going ? The C10 Nationals Event ?

Planning to head out there tomorrow. It's not worth dealing w/the traffic on Fridays for me.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:09 PM   #3
D.B

I was there today and plan to go back out there again Saturday. May even take a spin on the road course.

Name:  DSC07296 copy.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  73.2 KB
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:06 PM   #4
Getter-Done

I hope ya'll post some pictures

The one they had last year in TN was Great
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:21 PM   #5
D.B

Here is another pic from today.

Name:  20220513_081454.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  64.4 KB
Old 05-13-2022, 11:29 PM   #6
Getter-Done

What is the Autocross, Like there?
It was pretty cool here in TN last year.

They also had a Trailer set up to Dyno a Vehicle .

Old 05-14-2022, 09:33 AM   #7
LT7A

Cool! Drop some pictures here if you can.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #8
D.B

Ok, I did not get any pics while I was out at the C10 today. Got caught up with some friends and it totally slipped my mind until I was half way back home. But here are a couple more shots of my C20. Pics are the same just at different angles.
I did meet up with CS1972 (Ron) yesterday day and this morning. He told me he was going to post some things. Also he mentioned that the registration number was over 1200 vehicles. So if that was true then it was a very good turn out. It took both days for me to look at most of the trucks.
There was a small swap meet in a back corner. The Autocross was cool and the track it was running on was a lot larger than the one last year. The chassis dyno was different than last year and I ran my C20 on it then. So no need to run it this year.

Name:  20220513_081510.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  20220513_081529.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  65.7 KB
Old 05-14-2022, 07:55 PM   #9
SCOTI

73-87 photo dump from the C10 Nats today. I'll start it off w/my first Square body I owned. Lots of changes after trading this one for my dually....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 05-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #10
SCOTI

Next five. This Blue 73swb is OG original & big-block!
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-14-2022, 08:01 PM   #11
SCOTI

Next five. Anybody like Red?
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #12
SCOTI

Next five. The Black swb on the dyno @ the end put down 561rwhp @ 6lbs boost....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-14-2022, 08:06 PM   #13
SCOTI

Last few.... All w/Blue.....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-14-2022, 09:36 PM   #14
Getter-Done

Nice
Thanks for sharing.

I like that Dyno trailer.
It not Low-rider friendly though

Old 05-15-2022, 07:16 AM   #15
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

One of my favorites, but then again I’m not a fan of lowered 2WD’s. There were hundreds of them and I really enjoyed the craftsmanship and creativity
The show was well attended and there were plenty of things to see and do. What seems to be in at the moment? Big loud horsepower and bagged and lowered trucks.

57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #16
SCOTI

Well, we live in a good era. Back in the day when these vehicles were new, the king of the hill w/a 500hp drivetrain was only 500 @ the crank using a big cam, carb, & gears. The Black 73-80 I posted the pic of on the chassis dyno was single turbo/LS powered & over 550 @ the wheels w/low boost & a young lady driving it around.

The big trend I'm seeing is more high end LS powered full chassis Pro-Touring type builds. Heck, I debated keeping tabs on what was under the hood but it was too distracting. As far a trucks w/significant clean-up efforts under the hood the trophy would go to LS swaps. There were a sh!t ton of those. There were a lot that were just LS swaps w/the OE engine cover plastics as well.

I do like & am drawn to a clean, well sorted lowered truck but I like anything built right. There were many trucks w/sheet metal touching the ground. Trucks that showed obvious signs of dragging as well as damage from impacting something on the road surface. Not my thing so I walk right by them. Lots of stuff there that looked thrown together w/no attempt @ a visually clean build philosophy. No pics of those because I like stuff that's cleanly done throughout.

I even got a 5min N2TRUX catch-up session. Ken & I go a few years back (to the 90's) but we haven't seen or talked to each other much over the last few years. N2Billet & I usually reach out to each other monthly & always before a show like GG's or C10's in the Park but I guess w/Ken being >3hrs South the circle changed.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-15-2022, 01:48 PM   #17
LT7A

Thanks for the photos. What's Ken working on these days?
Old 05-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #18
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Thanks for the photos. What's Ken working on these days?
To summarize.... The shutdown was hard on him & his business. He went as long as he could taking care of his people but even w/things opening back up business was down. He said he had to change gears & crank-up the 'hustle' to make some money. Car/truck flips, trailers, then golf carts.

He said his crew-cab is shoved over to a corner of the shop w/an inch of dust on it waiting. To paraphrase.... If it's not making money it's not a priority on his to-do list in life. He looked good & seemed healthy despite the fact we're not getting any younger.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-18-2022, 03:47 AM   #19
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
To summarize.... The shutdown was hard on him & his business. He went as long as he could taking care of his people but even w/things opening back up business was down. He said he had to change gears & crank-up the 'hustle' to make some money. Car/truck flips, trailers, then golf carts.

He said his crew-cab is shoved over to a corner of the shop w/an inch of dust on it waiting. To paraphrase.... If it's not making money it's not a priority on his to-do list in life. He looked good & seemed healthy despite the fact we're not getting any younger.
Thanks for the update. Although, I am sorry to hear that. He's always been somebody who works hard, and it had to be awful watching things drop off for his business. Many people myself included were significantly affected, but I'm betting his revenue stream probably just about shut off overnight. Not much use for vending machines when everyone is at home. I hope that he's able to recover or redirect to regain his livelihood and and go back to enjoying trucks as a hobby. Truth be told though, he's a master of refurbishing and it's great that he can use that to turn a profit. But from what I've seen, he is so thorough, that he's probably not making a lot on an hourly basis on his flips. Glad to hear he's looking well and holding up though considering everything.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:59 AM   #20
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Thanks for the update. Although, I am sorry to hear that. He's always been somebody who works hard, and it had to be awful watching things drop off for his business. Many people myself included were significantly affected, but I'm betting his revenue stream probably just about shut off overnight. Not much use for vending machines when everyone is at home. I hope that he's able to recover or redirect to regain his livelihood and and go back to enjoying trucks as a hobby. Truth be told though, he's a master of refurbishing and it's great that he can use that to turn a profit. But from what I've seen, he is so thorough, that he's probably not making a lot on an hourly basis on his flips. Glad to hear he's looking well and holding up though considering everything.
Bigger issue he mentioned w/the flips was buy-in. It's tough to make $$ when initial prices are stupid high to be begin with on basic flips. So that shifts the focus to flips that get some tweaks as part of the process. That slows things unless you carry inventory because then you're likely waiting for parts w/price fluctuations steadily increasing.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #21
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Bigger issue he mentioned w/the flips was buy-in. It's tough to make $$ when initial prices are stupid high to be begin with on basic flips. So that shifts the focus to flips that get some tweaks as part of the process. That slows things unless you carry inventory because then you're likely waiting for parts w/price fluctuations steadily increasing.
Roger that.