The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2022, 09:37 AM   #1
old51sedan

Bucket seat covers

I have a set of factory buckets that I would like to install in my truck, but they need new covers. Everything sort of dried up when the Covid hit, but does anyone know if these covers are starting to be manufactued again. I'm looking for a set of saddle covers for my 69.
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Accelo

Re: Bucket seat covers

The guy that did my upholstery made these covers. Cost was close to the aftermarket stuff. Only missing the scrolling and since my truck is custom it wasn't important to me. The upholstery is also a better grade of material. He just took apart the old cover for the pattern. Guess it's an option if you have the right guy.
Attached Images

Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #3
old51sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
The guy that did my upholstery made these covers. Cost was close to the aftermarket stuff. Only missing the scrolling and since my truck is custom it wasn't important to me. The upholstery is also a better grade of material. He just took apart the old cover for the pattern. Guess it's an option if you have the right guy.
Those are nice, looks like he does nice work, thanks for the reply.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #4
Bigdav160

Those parchment covers look shockingly like the Acme Seat Covers I purchased from RockAuto.

Excuse the depressions in the passenger seat as I removed a heavy box to take the picture.
Attached Images

'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:08 PM   #5
5025speed

Those look nice! Any way to get his contact information?
5025speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #6
un4gvn!

A few years ago, I ordered Saddle bucket seat covers for my 69 CST10. I waited for several months for them to arrive. I called the vendor and they would tell me they are on back order. I got tired of waiting and tried another vendor. They had one pair on stock and I bought them. They arrived a few days later. One week later, I get another big box in the mail. I forgot to cancel the previous order and now I have two sets of bucket seat covers, door panels, and arm rests all in Saddle for a 69 with the scroll running up the center of the seats. I kept them just in case something happened to the ones in my truck. They have PUI printed on the box. I was informed most of the vendors get their interiors from PUI. I was thinking of going to a bench seat interior because I have grand children who like to ride in my truck. I can only take one at a time. This isn't like the old days when someone could sit on the console which is why it's hard to find one with no cracks. Let me know if you are interested.
un4gvn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #7
old51sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn! View Post
A few years ago, I ordered Saddle bucket seat covers for my 69 CST10. I waited for several months for them to arrive. I called the vendor and they would tell me they are on back order. I got tired of waiting and tried another vendor. They had one pair on stock and I bought them. They arrived a few days later. One week later, I get another big box in the mail. I forgot to cancel the previous order and now I have two sets of bucket seat covers, door panels, and arm rests all in Saddle for a 69 with the scroll running up the center of the seats. I kept them just in case something happened to the ones in my truck. They have PUI printed on the box. I was informed most of the vendors get their interiors from PUI. I was thinking of going to a bench seat interior because I have grand children who like to ride in my truck. I can only take one at a time. This isn't like the old days when someone could sit on the console which is why it's hard to find one with no cracks. Let me know if you are interested.
I sent you a PM
Old 05-19-2022, 07:13 PM   #8
un4gvn!

I couldn't figure out how to post pictures to your pm. I'm going to try here. I made the lower panels. I'm not sure if I have another head liner or extra sun visors. I'll have to check.
Attached Images

un4gvn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:06 AM   #9
Accelo

Beautiful work.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #10
toolboxchev

I agree those are looking perfect.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote