The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2021, 12:34 PM   #76
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Re: I bounced a check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
My wife and I have totally separate bank accounts. It works for us. We never argue over money. What's hers is hers and what's mine is mine. We both have total autonomy as how to spend our money. That's why I have a bunch of cars and she has closets full of designer clothes.
we do the same. Before their divorce my parents always fought over money. I decided before I got married that wasn’t happening in my life. Separate accounts has worked very well for us.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #77
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
We wandered way off the original topic.....lol
Hahaha, which I support wholeheartedly. It's one of my favorite parts of the general discussion. But I'll admit that when the screen name thread moved toward becoming a varmint killin thread, complete with pictures, I did try to nudge it back toward the stated topic

Just to be clear, I do respect the need to protect one's property, family, livestock, and livelihood from predators.

Last edited by LT7A; 08-07-2021 at 02:07 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:27 PM   #78
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
driver's ed was 1 semester opposite health class.
We had an exchange student that admitted she went through the first week of drivers' ed without understanding what a vehicle was scary.

Last edited by LT7A; 08-07-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #79
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
while I admire and respect his talent, I cringe everytime I see him hack a perfectly solid, complete classic with his 'artistic touch'

much rather he made those modifications to vehicles that were damaged, rusted, or otherwise already unoriginal and leave the well preserved ones alone
Fortunately, in this case, Ford gave him one to mess with and it was the new model. But I think the same thing almost every time I see one of his projects based on an early vehicle. In fact I commented on one of his videos on YouTube when he put his touches on a 69 Camaro. I noted that you can buy a brand new 69 Camaro body, so why cut up an original? I know that some people probably think it's silly to care about that, and people can do what they want with what they own, but when you've been in the hobby long enough to watch old cool cars go from common to scarce, you think about such things.

Last edited by LT7A; 08-07-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #80
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I know what you mean about original cars/trucks and saving them. I have been around (and into cars) long enough to see a "new model" go from being fresh to the market to becoming eligible for "historical vehicle" license plates.
When I was a kid, my grandfather drove a white '72 C/10 and I remember when the "new" model came along. Those are the ones we came to know as squarebody. The next big change was '88, for the pick-ups at least. Those are even considered historical now?

Yes, you can buy a brand new GM approved body for a '69 Camaro, and for a guy like Foose (and others) this is probably the best way to go. They are going to modify so much that a good core is all they need anyway. They don't care if the engine is shot, what size it is, or if it is even still there. They don't care if it had drum brakes, A/C, power steering, etc. So one of those Dynacorn bodies is great to start fresh without even chasing electrical gremlins of a 50 year old car.
The place where it does matter is when I guy is looking for a legit SS big block car, or some other unique thing that one of the replicas can never be. Those should be preserved because so many have been wrecked or otherwise destroyed over the years.

The only down-side I can see to a replacement body car is that it can never be titled (at least in Ohio) as what it looks like. Meaning, it becomes a "self assembled" vehicle if whatever year you complete it. You can call it whatever you want, and people will believe you because that's what it looks like, but legally (on the title) it will not say that.
That may or may not have an effect on it's value. It is not "real", but it is also not 52 years worth of corroded/worn/crusty or had tons of money dropped into it, bringing it back from that point.
I could see the up-side of either

My motorcycle is a case in point. It is a Harley clone that I built and titled myself from parts that I collected (or made) over a 3 year period. There is nothing real HD about it, except for the fork from an FXR. It is titled as a '99 ASVE (ASsembled VEhicle) with it's own 17 digit serial number. The frame number and engine case number are noted as the proper parts for this bike as part of that serial number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #81
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
My wife and I have totally separate bank accounts. It works for us. We never argue over money. What's hers is hers and what's mine is mine. We both have total autonomy as how to spend our money. That's why I have a bunch of cars and she has closets full of designer clothes.
We did the same when I was married. She still found ways to screw me royal when she left, but at least I had my bank account... to help pay my way out of debts she created for me See? There's always a sunny side. I mean right???

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-09-2021 at 05:31 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #82
1slo64

Quote:
Same here. Which helps me hide the fact I bought a 20ft car hauler 3 weeks ago and keep it at a family members house
Old 08-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #83
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo64 View Post
Same here. Which helps me hide the fact I bought a 20ft car hauler 3 weeks ago and keep it at a family members house
I can see it now!

Honey, where did that car hauler come from??? Uhh, what do you mean?? this car hauler?? Huh I’m just as stumped as you are dear
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #84
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
I've had it for forever. I forgot I had it...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:26 PM   #85
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
We did the same when I was married. She still found ways to screw me royal when she left, but at least I had my bank account... to help pay my way out off debts she created for me See? There's always a sunny side. I mean right???
Boy does that sound familiar. Same story here.

But there is a sunny side. It's called getting through it and coming out ahead. That is true vengeance. Knock me down and watch me get back up.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #86
LT7A

Quote:

But there is a sunny side. It's called getting through it and coming out ahead. That is true vengeance. Knock me down and watch me get back up.
Amen to this.

I have a buddy whose ex wife took him to court when their daughter graduated from high school and the child support payments ended. The daughter wanted to go to college and the wife saw an opportunity to keep those payments coming. In court my buddy offered to pay 100% of the daughter's college costs directly. The wife wouldn't agree to it because he didn't have to disclose how much he was making. She wanted to know and wanted access to it. The judge wouldn't allow it and mandated that they share the expenses 60/40. Sometimes the right thing does happen. If it doesn't, I agree, get back up and get after it.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:41 AM   #87
Rich84

My wife and I have never argued about money. Even when we had none. She is quite frugal so I don't have to worry about her spending too much. She has worked for me for the last 30 years. Every week our checks go in the same account. I pay all the bills. It works for us.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:31 PM   #88
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I guess I was a guilty of some of that. She was pretty good about my truck and Harley habit, but she did like to give me random grief. Less known, less grief so I'd get stealthy when it came to details. The '72 K/20 Highlander I bought was no issue, but I felt it was best she didn't know the other money I had to spend to get it right. You can't tell looking at a truck that it just got all new brakes, bearings, seals, steering, clutch, and exhaust. On the new 6" suspension, wheels and 35" tires, I let that stuff sitting for a while in the barn she never went into. The time came and I told her a got a great deal on some used wheels and tires. Pretty convincing since the wheels were wagon wheels (in '04). Tires is tires. The 6" lift I never mentioned. The tires are what she'd notice. She wouldn't know what's involved in getting the tires to fit. She loved that truck!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #89
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Quote:

Seems like a common theme. I got burned by the second wife when we split up too. She drained the joint account and left me with nothing. I did get to keep the truck that I owned before we ever met and spent over a year getting my motorcycle back. At least I didn't have a 401k to try to get.
Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote