The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

My Tootsie

I was cleaning the shelf above my bench and took down my Tootsie Toys and posed them in front of my license plate plaques. One on the left was my dads in HS (mid 50’s), other is one I purchased locally.

I’ve cut way back on these kind of “collectibles “ over the years. These are small and take up very little room.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2022, 07:05 PM   #2
truckster

Re: My Tootsie

I remember Tootsie Toys. Man, that was a long time ago...
Old 02-20-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I was looking at them and I have zero Chevy, oh well =)
Old 02-20-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
truckster

Isn't that a GMC bus?
Old 02-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

There's probably a Chevy motor in that midget racer That's a cool batch you have there. I've got some Tootsietoys collected, too. Small ones. I used to have some displayed on a shelf in my downstairs bathroom. When my grandson was living in Maryland a couple years ago I moved them. Not really displayed, but they are laid out on a shelf among all the other stuff stowed on the one side of my bedroom till I get some work completed in the house. I keep saying that, "when I get some work completed". I really do believe I will

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
Isn't that a GMC bus?
I had to go back out and look at it. No markings whatsoever on it regarding make, but I'm going to go ahead and call it a GMC Generic Motor Coach =)
Old 02-20-2022, 09:52 PM   #7
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Very nice collection Mark.. I have quite few collectables but no old metal cars that big..My kids have dubs on a number of my curio cabnet things ,, bet your kids do to .. thx for sharing ,,I like this kinda posts
Old 02-21-2022, 12:17 AM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Very nice collection Mark.. I have quite few collectables but no old metal cars that big..My kids have dubs on a number of my curio cabnet things ,, bet your kids do to .. thx for sharing ,,I like this kinda posts

These are matchbox size, picture makes em look bigger
Old 02-21-2022, 06:51 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

There were also Budgie Toys and Midgetoys. Do you know about those? Midgetoys were made same as Tootsietoys and Budgie Toys were more like Matchbox knockoffs. I have some Midgetoys mixed in with my Tootsietoys. It seems they made more GM replicas. I have a picture I just took of the collection stuck in the far corner of my B/R I could show, if you are interested

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-21-2022, 07:09 AM   #10
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There were also Budgie Toys and Midgetoys. Do you know about those? Midgetoys were made same as Tootsietoys and Budgie Toys were more like Matchbox knockoffs. I have some Midgetoys mixed in with my Tootsietoys. It seems they made more GM replicas. I have a picture I just took of the collection stuck in the far corner of my B/R I could show, if you are interested
Let's see! I just ran across some of my dad's old toys from when he was a kid. Just to be clear, he's a lot older than you, haha. Just trying to get an idea of how common some of them were.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:04 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Tootsietoys go way back to the '20s.

Tim

Old 02-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #12
LT7A

Quote:
Tootsietoys go way back to the '20s.
Cool. Let's see your pic!
Old 02-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #13
LT7A

BTW, is there any way for me to go back and make my posts in this thread anonymous? I don't really want somebody local to me to know that I actually clicked on a thread they wrote titled My Tootsie...
Old 02-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
BTW, is there any way for me to go back and make my posts in this thread anonymous? I don't really want somebody local to me to know that I actually clicked on a thread they wrote titled My Tootsie...
no, but I could edit your responses to some crappy macho statements that would show you were truly not a positive participant. But you might rather keep things as they are rather than appear to be such as ass . Also, I would have to scold you for your rude behavior . Do the locals know you as LT7A? Just tell them you were responding on your dad's behalf

The only really old cast iron toys I have are motorcycles. None are Tootsietoys. I have the picture I took of the dust collectors in the inaccessible corner of my bedroom. Mostly 40s/50s stuff. I also have some packed away that are really nice, even a couple sets of trucks and trailers in original box. I was heavily into toy truck collecting up until about 25 years ago. It took a lot of effort since that was before the internet. There was a company called Ralstoy that made similar truck replicas, same scale.

Here is the dusty ones
Attached Images

Tim

Old 02-22-2022, 08:51 AM   #15
LT7A

Them're cool.

And just making a silly joke that it's one thing to read a random thread by a random member in a random state. It's another thing entirely if a guy 40 minutes away can title a thread My Tootsie and get you to click on it, haha. Just being silly.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #16
Greg58

Quote:
no, but I could edit your responses to some crappy macho statements that would show you were truly not a positive participant. But you might rather keep things as they are rather than appear to be such as ass . Also, I would have to scold you for your rude behavior . Do the locals know you as LT7A? Just tell them you were responding on your dad's behalf

The only really old cast iron toys I have are motorcycles. None are Tootsietoys. I have the picture I took of the dust collectors in the inaccessible corner of my bedroom. Mostly 40s/50s stuff. I also have some packed away that are really nice, even a couple sets of trucks and trailers in original box. I was heavily into toy truck collecting up until about 25 years ago. It took a lot of effort since that was before the internet. There was a company called Ralstoy that made similar truck replicas, same scale.

Here is the dusty ones
Ralstoy was made in my home town of Ralston NE.
I remember as a kid walking by their store front, and there would be several women packing little trucks into boxes to ship out. I have a few of those trucks I have found over the years.
1987 Chevy Suburban 2500, Silverado, 2wd, 454, t-400
2023 Chevy Silverado LT 3500, crew cab, longbox, 4x4 Z-71 Duramax.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:40 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Them're cool.

And just making a silly joke that it's one thing to read a random thread by a random member in a random state. It's another thing entirely if a guy 40 minutes away can title a thread My Tootsie and get you to click on it, haha. Just being silly.
Yeah, I almost didn't click on this thread. Had it not been CG I might not have. I expected to see he stumped his toe or somehow hurt one of his tootsies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
Ralstoy was made in my home town of Ralston NE.
I remember as a kid walking by their store front, and there would be several women packing little trucks into boxes to ship out. I have a few of those trucks I have found over the years.
Hey that's really cool to know. I had no idea Ralstoy was the name of a town. I figured it was contrived out of someone's name like Ralston or other. They did a lot of promos, such as salesman prizes for Fruehauf Trailers and moving companies.

I guess it was later, but Winross was another company that did the same scale diecast trucks for promotions

Tim