The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2023, 12:06 PM   #1
G-NUT

Anyone repairing Accuair controllers ... pre-bankruptcy unit

Anyone repairing Accuair controllers? I received my kit maybe a week or so before they went bankrupt.

Because of how slow my build has been, I didn't get it installed and calibrated for maybe a year (something like that) after their bankruptcy. It calibrated fine, but immediately after that I was not able to change any of the settings from the initial settings nor calibrations setpoints. I cannot manually set right heights.

So it's been operating fine for about the last year. Then a few days ago it began showing the right rear switch up and down arrows in red, but only after I press one of my preset right height buttons. If I turn the vehicle off and back on, I can manually control the corners, but soon as I press a preset button it goes red again.

It worked fine even up to the day before. No changes in suspension. Cabling is fine, sensor is fine, sensor arm travel is well within to specified range of motion.

Contacted Accuair several months ago about the issue of not being able to manually change my ride height presets or recalibrate. They said because it was a pre-bankruptcy unit they would not help. But I can pay $499 for a new controller. My money is super thin. It took me 2 years to save to just buy the initial Accuair kit. I don't just have $499 to spare.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:19 AM   #2
Willie Makeit

Re: Anyone repairing Accuair controllers ... pre-bankruptcy unit

Sounds like a bad ECM and they are not servicable. BUT, the new generation Accuair controller is a plug & play replacement.

https://accuair.com/products/accuair-e-ecu
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote