The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
rudey737

New Squarebody Owner In MO

I've been a member here for a little while, but I've never posted before today. I joined to do some research and figure out what year Chevy truck I wanted to buy. I was looking for a daily driver that I could work on and make my own, and I was hoping for a 60-66 C10. That didn't pan out, but I got a hell of a deal on an 84 C10 Longbed 350/350 with 151,000 miles.

I drove about 40 minutes outside of St. Louis to pick up the truck last weekend. The truck had a couple of minor things wrong with it - the right rear turn blinker didn't work, the horn didn't work, there was a rock chip in my line of sight in the front window, and the A/C didn't work. I replaced all of the bulbs in both taillights to fix one turn signal - I know, but they sell the bulbs in pairs, I replaced the fuse for the horn to fix that not working, and had the rock chip repaired. I'm not sure what's wrong with the A/C because it's currently unplugged. I'll assess that later since the weather is nice enough to not need it right now.

After that I took the truck to get a safety inspection. It failed because of a cracked front brake hose and the rear axle oil seals leaking fluid on the brake shoes. I'm going to fix those tonight and go back to get the truck inspected again.

Then it's getting dropped 4.5/6 with the McGaughy's goodies seen in the last picture here and new tires. After that, it's the little things most of these trucks need - door pin rebuild, new strikers with bushings on them, brighter guages, body work, etc.

I just realized that I've been typing for an entire cup of coffee. I'm going to end this now. I've already learned a lot about my truck from this site and I hope to be able to contribute in anyway that I can. I'll also try not to be as wordy as I was in this post.

rudey737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
1ATony

Re: New Squarebody Owner In MO

Welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
chvtrkman

Re: New Squarebody Owner In MO

Welcome...Looks pretty decent from here. Enjoy working on your new project.
69 C-20 292, 4 spd O/D, 4:56 rears. No a/c p/s p/b p/w......restoration project,"Operation:Stovebolt"
78 C-10 305 TH350 new (old) daily driver
02 Suburban Z71 a.k.a. the family truckster
99 Silverado 1500 Z71
chvtrkman is offline   Reply With Quote