The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #26
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Re: 1970 C10 SWB Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
I want and looked at this truck for myself this evening. It's pretty rusty.

The outer rockers have been replaced at some point and the ends are screwed to the body. They are rusting again so they have been there a while. The driver inner rocker was gone. Passenger inner rocker was there, but rusty.

Driver cab corner was beat up and rusty. It had been bondo'ed over at some point and the bondo was cracked and coming off. Passenger cab corner was intact and in remarkably good condition.

Floor pans were rusty on both sides where they met rockers.

Both doors had considerable rust at the bottoms.

Drip rail area was fair. Some light rust present.

Front fenders looked decent.

Bed had a ton of surface rust all over. Bed rail on drivers side was thin enough to start having holes show through. The wood was long gone, inner bed sides where they met the wood were rusted. Tailgate was starting to rust through very slightly. Driver rear fender was rusty inside but not bad. Passenger rear fender had serious rust inside the front.

The interior was mostly complete. May have been original rug, even though it was trashed from getting wet and being covered with crap.

Apparently the truck has not run since about 2005. I grabbed the crank pulley and was able to get it to turn a small amount so the engine is at least not totally locked up.

I said it was pretty far gone for me and wasn't super interested. He wanted me to give him an offer anyway so I threw 1000 at him. (With younghandymans blessing) He countered and held at 1200 so I walked away.

^^^ Sounds like you made him a fair offer, surprised he would say no over a couple hunderd bux
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #27
indymachinist

Here is the spid. A lot of the info didn't seem to match the truck. However, the door tag Vin matched the spid and still had stock looking rosette rivets. The old registration I found on the flood also matched.
Attached Images

indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 PM   #28
Grumpy old man

Lets see ... 45 year old short bed Chevy truck with a V-8 for $1,200.00 and you didn't buy it ? over $200.00 ? The prices on these old trucks are climbing almost daily and I will bet you can't buy the frame for that much in 2 years . it's really hard to find anything including a old econo box for that kind of dough and I understand how easy it is to be unsure about it but as long as your not buying it to be next weeks daily driver you would have a hard time loosing any money on it in the not so far off future . IMO .
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #29
indymachinist

It was close.... but no, I didn't buy it. I didn't want it that bad I guess so I let it go over 200 bucks.
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #30
Mmorgan32

Good call!