The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Never send men shopping

Why You Should Never Send Men Shopping!

A young guy from West Virginia moves to Florida and goes to a big “everything under one roof” department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, “Do you have any sales experience?”

The kid says “Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in West Virginia.”

Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he’d give him a shot, so he gave him the job. “You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and see how you did.”

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.

“How many customers bought something from you today?”

The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, “One”.
The boss says “just one?!!? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. That will have to change, and soon, if you’d like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida . One sale a day might have been acceptable in West Virginia , but you’re not in the mines anymore, son.”

The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), “So, how much was your one sale for?”

The kid looks up at his boss and says “$101,237.65″.

The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?”

The kid says, “Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. I then asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4×4 Expedition.”

The boss said “A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?”

The kid said “No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, ‘Dude, your weekend’s screwed, perhaps you should go fishing.‘
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: Never send men shopping

Now that's funny
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #3
Greg58

Good one!
1987 Chevy Suburban 2500, Silverado, 2wd, 454, t-400
2023 Chevy Silverado LT 3500, crew cab, longbox, 4x4 Z-71 Duramax.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #4
Sheepdip

WHY MEN SHOULDN'T WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS

Dear John,
I hope you can help me. The other day I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching T.V. My car first stalled and then completely broke down about a mile down the road from the house, I had to walk back to get my husbands help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes, he was in our bedroom with the neighbors daughter! I'm 32, my husband is 34 and the neighbors daughter is 19. We have been married 10 years, when I confronted him he broke down and admitted they have been carrying on for 6 months.

He refuses to go to counseling, I'm an emotional wreck. I need your advice urgently before I completely break down to a total train wreck.

Can you please help? Sincerely Sheila.

Dear Sheila,

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine.
Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel filter or fuel line. If they are clear check for leaks in the vacuum lines, and intake manifold gaskets.
Also check all your electrical grounds to ensure proper electrical continuity.

If none of these approaches solves your problem it could be that a faulty fuel pump not delivering enough pressure to the fuel injectors

I hope this helps...........John
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:37 PM   #5
best view

A first Richard got out done lol
best view is offline   Reply With Quote