The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2002, 01:42 AM   #1
sam's 72

Post I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

OK, in the past couple of weeks I have seen post where someone has got riped off by another board member on something. I don't understand this kind of thinking, if you tell someone that you have a product for sale, and a person wants to buy it and you work out a deal, and that person sends you money, it is very very easy, send the product, I don't understand why any one would want to get on this board and rip some one off for their money. I don't understand this type as it is, for what money?? You guys that are ripping people off on here are yall that dedicated to money, is it worth looseing friend over, is it worth loosing information over it, come on guys, money is not that important, you can not buy happyness, and you can not buy good friends, it is sad for me to see this happing on this board, not only are you hurting your self, ( cause no one will ever trust you again ) but you are also hurting every one on this board that trades on here too, I bet a lot of guys on here would not send money now to any one due to the dead beat guys on here, so why get on here and ruin a good thing for every one? Think about what your doing man, and ask your self a couple of things before you set off to do this again, is it worth steeling from another person? Will I be able to sleep at night and not think about some one looking me up? Cause let me tell you something, there are people in this world that will kill you over $ 5.00, don't believe it? Whatch the news, you see it all the time, some one going into a store, killing the clerk and running away with $5.00.
Man if you owe some one something then make it right, and stop steeling from people, if you dont have any intentions at all to send the part, then by all means dont advertise that you have something for sale, if it is a problem you have, then seek help before you get your self in jail or worse yet KILLED! I am sorry for the long post guys, it just upsets me to see some body playing silly a$$ games on here. And for you guys that read this and know I am talking about you, dont be scared or shy, step on up to the plate like a man and make things right!
Sam
Old 03-21-2002, 01:48 AM   #2
jostrans68
Jostrans68

Some people just dont have a Clue. you send what you sell. i am a active seller on ebay over 500 items sold not one problem shipping and out of the 100 or so purchases only one... If you cant safely buy from a fellow 67-72 nut what is the world coming too. I have bought from several members not a hitch one and I will continue too. For the most part you guys are all upstanding people I hope a few bad apples dont run off the good guys here, or make it hard to sell parts and give info. This board has saved my a@# more than once ,,,,,,,Thanks To ALL

------------------
68 c20 in progress 327 TH400 tach dash Disc Brakes and soon 3.90 rear gears.. have many new parts now just need the time..... Sound Familar

Old 03-21-2002, 02:54 AM   #3
daveo68

The problem that is bothering me are the new members who are getting on this board and seeing some of this stuff going on.Because of a few people that are ripping people off it is going to hurt everyone.I think the few who are guilty, and you know who you are by now,should make this right.Stand up and be a man and do what you need to do to settle this situation.Don't let this board get so negative that nobody will trust anybody.Like the old saying "What Goes Around Comes Around".There is such a vast wealth of knowledge on this board that it amazes me and what ever money you made on your ripoffs is like a pimple on a elephant's a$$,compared to this knowledge.Come on and be a man,we know you can.Sorry for being so long.
Dave

------------------
68 C-10 Custom LWB
307 V8
Three-on-the-tree
Lexington,NC
davideowens@lexcominc.net

davideowens@lexcominc.net

God Bless America
daveo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:42 AM   #4
71BBK10
Teufelhunden

this sh!t is like board terrorism, its just a cancer to everybody else here thats trying to have a good time and share in common with everybody else what brought us here. i can't even express how angry that makes me ripping somebody off, thers only 2 kind of people in the world i cannot f*cking stand, a liar and theif. at least do whats right and settle what needs to be matt
Old 03-21-2002, 12:54 PM   #5
COBALT

It's simple, really. There are people out there that don't think the way responsible and caring people do. They take care of themselves only, and think "to hell with everyone else".

Some people just don't enjoy life. They can't actually. They struggle every day and they blame others for their pain. When they get the opportunity to take someting from someone they take it. They can't solve their own problems without cheating, stealing, or hurting others.

Its like the guy who drives by in a beat-up '72 Chevy truck, and I give him a courtesy wave coming the other way in my '69 just to be nice. Instead of waving back he gives me the finger.

I met another guy who was driving a beautiful '47 chevy truck hotrod he built himself. I asked him how long it took to do the work, and he told me to "f$%k off" and mind my own business.

These people exist. They won't learn their lessons, so you handle it maturely. You politely inform them of their improper thinking (in a valiant attempt at helping them), and when they don't listen you consider them irrelivant.

------------------
'69 3/4 ton C20 2wd w/ 350ci/400THM and a wood bed!
'69 3/4 ton Custom 20 2wd w/ ORIGINAL 350ci/4sp Manual and a wood bed (parts beast).
Seattle, WA.

*See pics of my trucks and project at www.webshots.com!
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 07:14 AM   #6
scull67

Well said Dave. I am new to the board and have bought many parts with great success in the last couple of months. The people I have dealt with here are simply the best. Thanks to you all, especially Tim Christian, Fast, Crews, Jeff at CPNE, Bobby Villa, Jose, bbs1965 (shane) and anyone I have forgotten. Let's keep it this way.

------------------
Hoboken, N.J.(home)/ Washington, D.C.(work)

scull67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #7
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

Thumbs up

I agree with the things said here and would just like to support the good people on this board. I just sent some money to Fast for a ring and pinion and have no doubt from the knowledge and attitude in his writing that he is honest and will follow thru. Thanks to all of you.

PS new69owner, I saw that you had a 350 with the 2 barrel on it(right). Does it work good. I have a truck with one and it has good power, but the milage down right sucks.

------------------
67 Chevrolet LWB with rebuilt 292. 415 ft. lbs of torque, 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, straight and almost painted.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:27 PM   #8
Trent_McAllister

I agree it's irresponsible, but there is somethign you can do to protect both the buyer and the seller on larger items where you don't want to get ripped off. It's called escrow and it's where the buyer sends money to a third party, gets what they paid for. Then if they aren't satisfied, they can send the part back and get their money back. Just something to think about if you are worried about someone not doing their part.

Trent_McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #9
SuperCheyenne72

Red face

New69Owner:

What you said about driving by people with "great" trucks and you trying to be friendly... really saddens me on how they respond.

I've had nothing but appreciative and friendly people wave right back. I guess I'll be more careful who I acknowledge on the road from now on...

I'm gonna start a new thread about this entitled:
"Does this happen to you too?"

------------------
'72 Super Cheyenne LWB
  • 350 V8 w/ TH400
  • MSD Pro Billet HEI Dist. w/ Splitfire plugs
  • Holly Intake Manifold and dual exhuast glasspaks
  • Reman. QuadraJet Carb.
"Wanna race, I'll let you give me a head start?"

• Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold and dual exhuast glasspaks
  • Edelbrock Performer 750 cfm
SuperCheyenne72 is offline   Reply With Quote