The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
Nchristi

1953 gmc s10 frame 6.0swap

I’ve got a 53 and 51 gmc truck, a s10 lwb frame, and an 03 chevy 2500. So far I’ve stripped the frame, put moog suspension, bell tech 2” drop spindles, a zr2 rear end, and a 3” block in the rear. I’ve also got the chevy blazer bigger sway bar and disc brakes. I’m currently in the process of removing the 6.0 from the 2500. I have a few questions that I can’t seem to find or am completely missing them. And I also need an opinion....

1: I was going to make some cab stands and support braces but I’ve also seen kits done by 99 to life and 504. Has anyone purchased either kit and if so did you regret not spending the money elsewhere? I think it would save a lot of time but it would also save me money so I can buy more tools or parts.

2: what type of motor mount do I use for the 6.0 with a 4l80 so I’ll have room ? I’ve seen the 504 kit has a “setback” mount? I don’t want the motor to sit so low when you open the hood but also don’t want to sacrifice too much do the cab/firewall. I’m trying to figure out a good median.

3: if I build my own stands I’d plan on making them around 3.5” off frame and use new s10 cab mounts. And is that a good height due to the rubber mounts being so tall? If I do this is a trans tunnel necessary or required?

4: I’ve also seen the frame rail booster/pedal assembly and like that approach. Ive got the parts from the s10 but I think the look will be cleaner. Is one better than the other?

5: What type of headers and steering linkage will work for this setup?

I’ve had the trucks for approximately 3 years and I’m finally getting to where I can put some time in them. These are the few questions I’ve been thinking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Nchristi is offline   Reply With Quote