The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
MattPSU

Trim / Molding

I posted this in the WIW section, but I haven't had any responses and only a handful of views. If I need to move it, let me know.

I have a complete set of SWB upper and lower trim / molding from my 72 Cheyenne. It's all pretty straight with just a few little dents/dings. The black and the wood grain on the lowers has faded and would need to be repainted/replaced. I have about 85% of the hardware, but most of it is pretty rusty.

I also have the taillight trim, the tailgate trim, and the wood grain "Chevrolet" tailgate band. The chrome on the letters is gone but the band is straight and pretty dent free.

The aluminum on these pieces would all need to be polished/refinished, but they could make great driver pieces as they are.

I'm doing a 68 front clip and IF I add trim, I'll add the appropriate 68 trim so I don't need these items. I'd rather sell them and put the money into my budget than keep them and risk bending/breaking/loosing something. Plus, of course, someone can make use of everything.

Do I offer it all as a complete package or do I break it up? If I break it up, how should I do that? Upper/lower/rear? What's everything worth?

I'll clean these up more and post better pictures when I post my add, but here's a few to give you an idea about what I have:
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: Trim / Molding

I'd offer a package price, then a price for side trim, tailgate band and the rest of the items separately.

A complete set like that should fetch at least $300 would be my guess. You might go to the for sale section and do some searches there.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
4xshort

Re: Trim / Molding

I think if you found someone who's looking for something like this you would have no problem getting $300 for the set.
4xshort is offline   Reply With Quote