The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2022, 10:35 PM   #951
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Those shots of the Napco equipment and decals might well be worth saving for reference.
Still the value of a Napco truck is all in the originality of the Napco conversion and a later non TF rear axle is not and "upgrade" value wise.

Dang I'm starting to talk like a restorer. The shame.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:01 PM   #952
leegreen

https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/p...493586580.html

$500 Canadian AD frame with mustangII, newer rearend for $500 on vancouver island looks like a good deal. I am glad it is too far from me or I'd be compelled to buy it.
Name:  frame.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  65.4 KB
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:42 PM   #953
mr48chev

That's a GMC short bed frame rather than Chevy. A serious bargain for someone on Vancouver Island.

For a main lander to go over to get it it is a 65 dollar ride for the tow rig up to 20 ft plus 7.05 (Canadian) for each foot over 20 feet so for my truck and trailer it would be right at 206 each way plus 18.00 for each adult passenger each way A guy would be looking at 448 plus any other fee just to go over and back with a 20 ft flatbed trailer.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #954
dsraven

You need a pick up with a ladder rack on the bed that extends over the cab, good times had br all when loading but that would get it back cheaper. It could go on upside down. Of course some parts would have to be removed and brought back in the truck box. Store the flatbed trailer on the mainland if you were to take one to haul it back on the mainland. More fun unloading.
Just saying, where there's a will there's a way.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:29 AM   #955
mr48chev

AD panel that at 29K might be worth the money if the paint job is any indication.
No interior or engine photos and it looks like it being sold by a consignment place. We have members around Tacoma though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6-90cea41c7314
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #956
mr48chev

On the other end of the Panel truck spectrum is this 51 that is pretty well affordable at 2000 but along with a new nose is going to need some serious kink fixing on the right lower cowl panel. Looks pretty solid, It is up above Moses lake and way out there.

If a PNW guy wants to build a panel it might be worth a road trip https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2022, 09:02 PM   #957
mr48chev

53 3100 five window that just popped up on Craigslist. 37K might be on the high side for a truck that still has a 235 in it even one this nice.

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/...494980206.html
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2022, 03:33 PM   #958
mr48chev

53 6500 farm truck that runs and drives and looks pretty decent.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2022, 04:41 PM   #959
mikelcobb0@gmail.com

Hers's a 54 5 window abandoned project that I might buy. My question is what questions should I ask? I've been tinkering with a 67 truck for the last 3 years and have been loving it but looking for a new challenge.

I used to work with the owner who is now in his 70's and admits he will not finish it. He says he has all the parts. Some parts in boxes and organized in plastic bags.

What should I look for besides rust...
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 07-10-2022 at 09:52 AM.
mikelcobb0@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:41 PM   #960
mr48chev

First and foremost you ask if it has a clear title. I have no idea of what goes on in Wisconsin without asking my cousin But if the seller has a clear title in their name that you can walk in and transfer into your name that is worth a premium in many states.

Know what your state says before you buy rather than after if it doesn't have a title.
A bill of sale for the cab with Cab serial number on the bill if sale plus listing additional parts = fenders, hood and what not as additonal parts could go a long way at the dMV meaning that the seller sold you a trailer full of parts rather than a truck. Creative writing 101 works here.

Then look for rust and how much you have to deal with. Floor boards are a bargaining tool, cab seam/style line along the back of the cab is either a deal breaker or reason to go beyond lowballing.

Then completeness for the list of pieces you plan to use. Then their condition. The nicer the body parts, the less work you have to do or pay for doing.

If you plan to go V8 a Six has no value unless it actually runs and can be resold.. I looked at a hulk 5 miles from the house that the seller has had for sale for 6 years and wants 2500 for something that I would have paid 200 for to get the roof and running boards but even the running boards are junk. He bases his price on "rare" an that he has a rebult 235 to go with it.

Plus anything that you don't plan to use does not have any added value unless it is an item that you know you can sell for good money quickly. A frost shield aka sunvisor brings good money if you don't plan too use it but ugly or cheap looking aftermarket wheels and tires that you will never use have no value to you and don't bring much if you go to sell them. Hopefully the seller is in love with wheels and tires you don't like and will bargain down if they keep them.

I always look at stuff as to how much work I have to do or how much money I have to spend to get it the way I personally want it and figure that I am going to take that into my offer.

Truthfully, if that is the best that the seller is willing to present those parts and the best photos they post, make your first offer your absolute cash right now low offer. With the truck and trailer parked out front. Let it cost them for not presenting it the best they could as they don't really care. That is cold blooded but they did nothing to get me excited about what I am lookng at, the parts fenders, hood and other parts aren't laid out so you can actually see the condition, the cab isn't pulled out by it's self with a number of photos. It's hard to tell even what you are looking at in those photos. You can always bargain up but start with your lowest offer and then bargain.

Last edited by mr48chev; 07-09-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:05 PM   #961
mikelcobb0@gmail.com

Thanks mr48chev. Sounds like advice due to experience!
Old 07-09-2022, 11:40 PM   #962
vintovka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcobb0@gmail.com View Post
Hers's a 54 5 window abandoned project that I might buy. My question is what questions should I ask? I've been tinkering with a 67 truck for the last 3 years and have been loving it but looking for a new challenge.

I used to work with the owner who is now in his 70's and admits he will not finish it. He says he has all the parts. Some parts in boxes and organized in plastic bags.

What should I look for besides rust...
They way inflation is I would take a careful look at current costs of everything needed to complete the project before you buy.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:41 PM   #963
dsraven

yup, I'm with mr48. if the guy is serious about getting decent money for it then he would have had it laid out so the buyer could see what is being offered. offer low, if he says no and you really want it make him do some work. ask for detailed pics of stuff. check the fender mount flanges, floor boards, etc etc. personally when sometyhimng is in primer my spidey senses go off because a lot of guys do shoddy prep and then spray it with primer and say its ready for paint. then you get it home and fine the steel wool stuffed into a hole before slapping bondo over it. or bondo over rust just to smooth things out and look nice. I would take a dissassembled but not primered truck over the primered ones simply because then I can see what needs repair.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:17 AM   #964
mikelcobb0@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
yup, I'm with mr48. if the guy is serious about getting decent money for it then he would have had it laid out so the buyer could see what is being offered. offer low, if he says no and you really want it make him do some work. ask for detailed pics of stuff. check the fender mount flanges, floor boards, etc etc. personally when sometyhimng is in primer my spidey senses go off because a lot of guys do shoddy prep and then spray it with primer and say its ready for paint. then you get it home and fine the steel wool stuffed into a hole before slapping bondo over it. or bondo over rust just to smooth things out and look nice. I would take a dissassembled but not primered truck over the primered ones simply the because then I can see what needs repair.
Good point regarding the presentation. I took the pictures and some
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by mikelcobb0@gmail.com; 07-10-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #965
mikelcobb0@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
yup, I'm with mr48. if the guy is serious about getting decent money for it then he would have had it laid out so the buyer could see what is being offered. offer low, if he says no and you really want it make him do some work. ask for detailed pics of stuff. check the fender mount flanges, floor boards, etc etc. personally when sometyhimng is in primer my spidey senses go off because a lot of guys do shoddy prep and then spray it with primer and say its ready for paint. then you get it home and fine the steel wool stuffed into a hole before slapping bondo over it. or bondo over rust just to effsmooth things out and look nice. I would take a dissassembled but not primered truck over the primered ones simply the because then I can see what needs repair.
Good point regarding the presentation. I took the pictures and some were video that I did not load. He has put no effort into selling but admits it and wants it gone. He says he has 3k into it and only wants to recover his material cost not labor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-19-2022, 02:55 AM   #966
mr48chev

54 3600 in Beverly Wa https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2022, 07:19 PM   #967
mr48chev

51 Panel in a basket in Oregon City Oregon.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...ory_attachment

Rear fenders are rough but fixable and the barn doors look like the best part.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2022, 08:35 PM   #968
mr48chev

TF cab with doors, 16000 gross truck donor. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D

Hermiston oregon but the add is 4 weeks old.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2022, 04:19 PM   #969
TonyMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
That is so rad, I love it!
TonyMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #970
mr48chev

Not a truck an not actually fully resembling a 50 truck as they list it as but If I have a winning Ticket Friday this is the luxary item I am blowing some money on.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...ory_attachment
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2022, 12:10 PM   #971
mr48chev

59 TF stepside, bring your own basket in Goldendale Wa.

Had to edit a bit, the show In Pendleton is this weekend (today now) and the Yakima Vintiques are next weekend the fifth and sixth basically as the place is empty by 1 pm on Sunday.
Attached Images

Last edited by mr48chev; 07-30-2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:07 PM   #972
Rickysnickers

Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:49 AM   #973
mr48chev

I wonder if he would give a decent discount if you asked if he would like to keep the world's ugliest wheels.

It looks like the black part of the fake patina may color sand off to leave a reasonably decent teal paintjob.

You see that around here too much, a guy snags a decent older truck, sticks some horrid wheels on it and posts it on the net for a jacked up price. The local area is Mecca for gaudy ugly "rims".
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2022, 09:30 AM   #974
Rickysnickers

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:21 PM   #975
Russell Ashley

I don't like the wheels or that poor attempt to imitate real patina, but at least both can be removed.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote