The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Ironhorse

Exclamation Common Courtesy in Selling/Buying Threads

Maybe I see it wrong but I have noticed many times it seems as if both the sellers and buyers in some threads miss the mark on common courtesy when posting. If someone asks a question on availability of parts, condition, shipping costs, payment options, etc. (you get the idea I hope) please have the common courtesy to reply at your earliest opportunity. Everyone gets busy and life throws things your way but take the time as soon as practical to reply to questions, don't leave people "hanging" . Not calling anyone out here specifically but I and several others have replied to a posting concerning a truck being parted, been over a week now with no reply and I KNOW the person has been on the board in other parts forums selling. If you want to sell/buy here at least maintain your communication. With out that it is a pretty tough situation to buy or sell . Okay, off the soap box and rant mode is off, LOL
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 AM   #2
Ironhorse

Re: Common Courtesy in Selling/Buying Threads

Just bringing this back to the top as it is still a good thing when dealing on the internet. Communication is key to good dealings on buying or selling. If you want to buy the parts say so and follow thru. If after getting all your questions asked and answered and then decide NOT to purchase, be up front in your answers and just say "thanks, going to pass". DON"t leave the seller hanging as if you fell off the face of the earth. If selling parts be sure to stay in touch with the buyer and all thru the sale. State condition of parts as truthfully as you can, shipping quotes, methods of shipping and approximate ship times. Also be sure to PM tracking #s to the buyer. And remember, shipping is not cheap guys but then neither is it easy finding parts sometimes for 40/50 year old trucks!

Just some thoughts as I sit here unable to sleep after some minor surgery that became a bit more complicated than I had thought it would be.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
SCOTI

Re: Common Courtesy in Selling/Buying Threads

Agreed. Communication from both parties is needed during a transaction. Some suggestions.....

Sellers:
Be as accurate as possible on description of items.
Include your intended shipping options & your ZIP code.
Have the item/s ready to ship.
Have an idea of shipping costs when posting items for sale.
Acknowledge when payment is received.
Communicate when items are shipped.
Forward any/all tracking/shipping info.

Buyers:
Ask specific questions if necessary.
Be prepared to pay ASAP. Communicate a timeline for payment.
If a seller indicates 'plus shipping', do the legwork on shipping costs vs. just leaving the burden on the seller.
Communicate when payment is sent.
Acknowledge when items are received.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote