The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2021, 11:32 PM   #1
Accelo

Reproduction Window Regulator with incorrect bolt centers

Nine months ago I purchased reproduction Window Regulators from Brothers.
I went to install them today and found what I thought was incorrect bolt centers.
I can install two 1/4" bolts but the other two,in the long direction, don't even show through the holes because they are so far off. The regulators are not going to work as it. . It doesn't appear the crank will be in the center of the hole either but can't tell for sure unless I put on the door panel.
I didn't find out till after 5:00 today, so I will be tomorrow till I can find out what they are going to do about this.

I noted that Brother's drops your prior orders from the web access portal after a month or so. Unlike some companies that keep it for a reference for a long time.

More information.
I couldn't figure this one out so I went and inspected it again.
I measured the bolt hole centers and found if it was installed upside down it would fit.
So I inspected the other side (RH) and it looked identical to the LH I as attempting to install.
Turns out the LH was marked RH. So what I have it two RH sides. I am sure I didn't mix them up as the packaging is marked and the other side is still sealed in plastic. I guess it's better than a incorrect manufactured part. Another week set back but I have other things to do in the mean time. Hopefully I got my panties in a bunch for nothing and Brothers will take care of it.

This morning fter 33 min on the phone I moved from caller number 9 to caller number 3. I'm guessing they have one, or possibly two, customer service representatives. All the while telling my how important my call is every 44 seconds. Forty two minutes later I was connected to Rex. He is sending me a replacement, in five days, when they arrive as they are out of stock.

My call began at 8am PST. I don't understand customer service anymore. They try hard way too hard to drive business to the web portal. The web wasn't going to fix my issue.

Rick

Last edited by Accelo; 05-18-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
OregonNed

Re: Reproduction Window Regulator with incorrect bolt centers

That really sucks all the way around! I am backordered on two from Dynacorn and I sure hope I don't have any issues with those.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

I replaced the Drivers side door regulator on my '72 Cheyenne with a reproduction unit. I had zero issues with the install, but mine was an old issued part made circa 2005.
1970 K/5 Blazer CST 4WD, Bronze, 93k ACT. miles, 350, 4 speed, positraction, 16.5" x 8.25" wheel option, tilt, tach, vacuum, AM/FM, manual throttle...Dad ordered and purchased new 4/70. Currently frame off restoration in progress...

1972 Cheyenne Super 20 2WD, DK Blue/White, 90K ACT. miles, 402, TH400, 4.10 open, tilt, tach, vacuum, A/C, AM/FM, manual throttle.. A mostly original paint never rusted Texas survivor...

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD, Black, 38k miles, 5.3, 6L80E, 3.42 LS, 20" polished wheels, everything but moonroof and 6.2...

2019 Canyon SLT 4WD, White, 54k miles, 3.6, 8L45, 3.23 LS, 18" wheels
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:37 PM   #4
RustyPile

I've had similar issues with Brothers.. What I received is not what I ordered.. Poor quality and fitment, not informed when order is placed on back order... I no longer deal with them.. Classic Industries and Summit are now my "go to" people..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #5
firedemon

i have been on a 2 month wait on the shortbed conversion kit that the website said was in stock and still says in stock with no answers as to when it might be available
firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:13 AM   #6
Accelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
Classic Industries and Summit are now my "go to" people..
I agree.
Been through so many vendors it will make you crazy. Ever read the return policies of some of these places?
I agree Summit and Classic industries are two of my favorites.

And cjponyparts is the absolute bottom. I not even sure anybody even works there! LOL.

This is the email reply:
The order you placed on 01/13/20 12:00:00 AM has processed. Our Shipping Department is still up and running, however shipments are taking longer than usual (2-3 business days) to ship due to a forced reduction in hours/staff in order to comply with California’s COVID-19 mandate. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for choosing BROTHERS for your classic truck parts needs.

I GUESS THEY NEVER HEAD OF WORKING FROM HOME?

Then at the bottom of the email it says, and I am quoting now:
Your order total is $976.49. This total includes your parts, shipping and any applicable sales tax.
For a free replacement?
Oh well, I'm not waiting another 40 min to straighten this out.
I'm thinking isn't a mistake. If they do charge my CC the bank can deal with it.
Rick

Last edited by Accelo; 05-19-2021 at 02:20 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote