The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
jdean

69 c30 disc conversion issue

Hey guys, I posted awhile back about some brake issues I was having. After some other things came up, getting injured, and finally back to the project, I just ran into an issue. I ended up buying a 74 c30 for parts when I found out my rear end was bent. So I ended up putting the front spindles on the 69 from it, jd7 brake system. Ran the line and proportioning valve just like the 74 had down on the crossmember. But I'm having trouble with the master and booster setup. I got a rebuilt booster and master for a 72 c30, but the pushrod was longer and the bolt mount pattern was way off. So i returned them (90 day return policy was up that day) and picked up just a master cylinder. I already had a rebuilt master and booster for the 69. Bolted that booster on, pulled the master off, and the pushrod sticks out way further than the 72/ 74 master cylinder will accept. The 74 booster is way different than the 69. Any ideas?
jdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
jdean

Re: 69 c30 disc conversion issue

Anybody? I haven't had a chance to go out and look it over some more.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
jdean

Re: 69 c30 disc conversion issue

Figured I'd throw out an update out there in case someone else goes through the headache I did. I used a 74 c30 brake booster and master cylinder. Removed the z linkage from the pedal and firewall, drilled two new holes in the booster bracket (built into the booster on a 74) and notched it to clear the steering column support. Had to extend the rod to the brake pedal. Only issue left was the brake lines were way too high from the 74 to reach, simple fix, put a couple bends in them and they mated up just fine.