The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #26
bigdog55

Re: I own "an old truck."

People keep trying to buy mine.---- they just dont want to pay much for it. Besides i like it too much to give it away.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #27
C10 - C90 Bill

The girl at the Cell Phone place?

I've got an Old Truck and an Old Cell Phone, lol !!

Besides my truck (a '72 C-10), I can't believe all the comments I get with my "antique" phone. And not all the comments are positive, lol.

It's a Nokia that I got back in '03, and no, it doesn't take pictures...

All the comments I get with my truck are positive though.

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #28
Keith Seymore

Like this?

I told one of my daughter's friends that I was not a "technology early adopter".

She said "no; you're a 'not any kind of technology adopter'!"

Attached Images

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
C10 - C90 Bill

No, not quite that fancy, lol.
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #30
dmartin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68shortwide View Post
As a 17 year old and a senior in Hs I'm constantly questioned why I'm buildin an "old piece of sh*t truck" and then when I have to fix their civics in the parking lot, they understand. They're reliable (for the most part ) and they're just plain cool. There's nothing really like being able to do a 20 ft burnout down the street in front of school, and they can't do that in their civics and focus'. Only 3 people in our 2015 class drive rwd cars, me with either the Camaro or cougar, my friend Corey with a gbody Monte and aly with a fox body. Its sad how American muscle and muscle trucks are disappearing from school lots.
when i was in highschool a few years back i drove a 1978 k20 lifted to the hill but nice, a 1978 short fleetside little street rod type truck, my 82 short stepside slammed with a rippy 355, my dads 89 suburban 4x4 on 38's,

everybody would always ask why i drove what i did, and my response is that i MYSELF bought my truck,MY money that I earned and MY own labor has built it.and as they werent as nice as the kid next to me's 2012 ford fusion, i had pride because mine was built by me.
and cause i choose to drive an old truck, not that i cant afford a newer truck.
still like that too!

i feel a sense of pride driving my **** wagons.and people dig it too,compliments allll the time. especially while i cruise my 67-72's i now have.

on a side note, you have to love the look on the snobs face with 400$ sunglasses on driving his mercedes down the highway and your old chevy keeps right up and passes him. almost a look of awe
1978 k20 Silverado loaded.currently engine-less
1989 k10 suburban 9" lift
65 nova
And more
dmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #31
In The Ten Ring

Some good comments here! I drove my truck (the one I now have up on jack stands) when I was in high school but it wasn't alone. There was a restomodded VW, a 1968 Mustang, and a 1969 Roadrunner. The year after I graduated a 1972 Duster was parked there. I doubt there is anything of that flavor there now. Two years later I ran into the owner of the Roadrunner but he was pretty sad: he had gotten married and his wife had demanded he sell it. Poor guy.

In 2004 I took a minty 1975 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop all the way to Michigan to see this girl....what a joyfilled trip! It was so great, I a mean just wonderful cruising across Ohio and Indiana with all windows down in that big bomb. The AM/FM radio worked perfectly and that's all the music I needed. One guy yelled across two lanes at a stop light, "What year is that? Oh ya? (I had answered him). I used to have one like that and now, I am getting another one!" I encouraged him to do exactly that.

As to phones, I have actually stepped down a bit to a phone that isn't really able to access the 'net, which I never used from the phone anyway. I sorta need to be able to at least check email during winter but it isn't a huge deal. The girl I mentioned in the original post, she told me her cell phone bill was like $300.00 per month. "Priorities" I guess.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #32
leddzepp

My daily driver is now my "new" 1968 50th anniversary LWB C/10.

Most of my co-workers drive Benzes and Bimmers. The looks on their faces when I rumble in with headers, dual Flowmaster 40's, and side exit 3" exhaust pipes is BEYOND priceless Needless to say, I idle my way up to the fifth (top) level of the parking garage, goosing the Q-Jet every now and again, setting off EVERY car alarm on the way

I doubt security will ever write me a ticket, or even say anything for that matter...they ALL laugh and give me a thumbs up when I drive by

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #33
burnin oil

My daily is a 72 K20 and always gets a few looks. Now for sheer fun taking the old 51 Mack road tractor down the road really gets the looks. She is slow so alot of frowns from the people behind it but alot of smiles when she gets a rolling. Especially from the over 65 crowd. Several remember seeing the L models making a living during an era gone by.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #34
Wrcampbell

Old Trucks RULE!

I have been driving my 70 C-10 for months as my daily driver. My later model is collecting dust. Its half primer and the trim is off, but man i get alot of hey thats cool truck everywhere i go. It was a cool truck when my dad bought it back in 70 and still is!

Lots of fun to drive and better on gas than my other trucks. Plus i love to see the looks people give you when they see you changing gears <3speed on the tree>. Oh least when we raise our hoods we can see our motor...heck could have a family picnic under the hood!
Wrcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #35
Prescott

My wife's Lexus recently had a $1900 repair done to fix an electrically operated rear hatch door. Before taking it to the dealer, both import shops in our little town said it was too complex for them to fix. Need I say more?
Prescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #36
70STOVEBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
My wife's Lexus recently had a $1900 repair done to fix an electrically operated rear hatch door. Before taking it to the dealer, both import shops in our little town said it was too complex for them to fix. Need I say more?
No.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI