The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
LT7A

Tech discussion regarding Squarebodies elsewhere on here?

Did you know that there is a whole other section for technical threads for each generation of truck? It's located toward the end of the site list. Here's a link:

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ysprune=&f=221

Judging by the fact that most of the threads have only the OP and no replies, I'm guessing that most of us don't go there. Since this regular area isn't overly burdened with traffic, it seems it might be a good idea to direct people here when they try to post there. Not sure if there's a way to reference those posts from this area, because there is some good information. But for the most part it seems, post-ers don't get an answer, and don't keep posting to the forum. Seems a shame to lose that forum traffic. And everything I saw there would be appropriate to post here.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #2
Axle

Re: Tech discussion regarding Squarebodies elsewhere on here?

You are right, I never venture over there. I am one of those luddites that doesn't like things spread out all over. Not that I don't scroll down, I still scroll down the list out of habit to open the general forum back from the days when that was located closer to the bottom. =-)
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

This is the discussion area and that is the FAQ area. The threads are open to comments, but the primary intent is to be a reference area. It's where you would go to post a thread about how to do something on these trucks that you feel would benefit others. And it's where you go for reference. You check there when you get stumped in hopes of finding a solution. Search will take you there as well as here. That area has existed a long time and that's why it only has 3 pages. You don't see many replies because it's not an area for discussion. When someone posts a really helpful thread here we can move it there, once discussion is done, to be easy to find. In discussion threads you might see members post, "This would be a great thread for the FAQ area". Sometimes staff sees these and moves them to FAQ, or a member can make the request to a staff member. It's also a great place to post a YouTube video you found with good tech info/tutorial

The way it is meant to work is to refer members here to the thread they need there. It's our reference library

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-08-2022 at 02:18 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This is the discussion area and that is the FAQ area. The threads are open to comments, but the primary intent is to be a reference area. It's where you would go to post a thread about how to do something on these trucks that you feel would benefit others. And it's where you go for reference. You check there when you get stumped in hopes of finding a solution. Search will take you there as well as here. That area has existed a long time and that's why it only has 3 pages. You don't see many replies because it's not an area for discussion. When someone posts a really helpful thread here we can move it there, once discussion is done, to be easy to find. In discussion threads you might see members post, "This would be a great thread for the FAQ area". Sometimes staff sees these and moves them to FAQ, or a member can make the request to a staff member. It's also a great place to post a YouTube video you found with good tech info/tutorial

The way it is meant to work is to refer members here to the thread they need there. It's our reference library
That makes sense. What seems to be happening now though is what I described in the original post. I just hate to see people giving up on us and going away.

Could it be set up so that only mods can post there and transfer things there? And if someone tries to post there, they get redirected here? That way, everything would at least start out here and be accessible here. And if a mod deemed something relevant or important enough, they could transfer it to the FAQ area, which would leave behind a transfer notation in this area. And give us a more organized reference area. I like that us common folk haven't been restricted from posting there, but at this point in the evolution of forums, it seems it would help our traffic to have everybody who comes through here and is interested in squarebodies, get directed to the same location where they are most likely to be engaged by others.

Last edited by LT7A; 05-09-2022 at 10:03 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote