The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Theoriginalsilverado

Color/Plan for the project suggestions

Hey guys! Just joined the site and I must say I really love it. It's an awesome resource for anyone like myself who knows a lot but not everything when it comes to this stuff.

I'm soon starting to restore/customize my 1975 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton Silverado Camper Edition, with a 350. V8 and 2 wheel drive. It's originally "Moss Gold" with a wooden decal through the inside of the trim. It has a wooden bed liner and the interior is shades of brown with wooden details to match the outside.

What do you guys think I should do with it? I'm not really gonna spend too much money on it but just give me some suggestions on color and other stuff to do with it. I've got some ideas but I wanna see what you guys think.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
77ChevySharkBite

Re: Color/Plan for the project suggestions

Welcome to the Forum glad to have you join us! This forum like you stated has a lot of knowledge, wisdom, and experience.

When you get a chance post up some pictures of the interior i would like to see those too!

Here's my suggestion build your truck the way you want it, it's your truck. For me when I have people look at my truck I want them to feel like they know me as an expression of what my truck is.

As far as giving you suggestion on color and other things, what might help us is for you to share your ideas with us and then we can maybe get you a game plan going. One big question will be what are your plans for the truck, just a nice cruiser, daily driver, or show truck.

Again welcome to the forum! Sorry for the long winded post.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
79Betty

I agree. Buildnit to your taste. Eeryone is different as is there taste so their truck should be too!! Honestly... Betternjeep the woodgrain paneling. Definitely unique.
1985 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe C10
79Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Theoriginalsilverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Welcome to the Forum glad to have you join us! This forum like you stated has a lot of knowledge, wisdom, and experience.

When you get a chance post up some pictures of the interior i would like to see those too!

Here's my suggestion build your truck the way you want it, it's your truck. For me when I have people look at my truck I want them to feel like they know me as an expression of what my truck is.

As far as giving you suggestion on color and other things, what might help us is for you to share your ideas with us and then we can maybe get you a game plan going. One big question will be what are your plans for the truck, just a nice cruiser, daily driver, or show truck.

Again welcome to the forum! Sorry for the long winded post.
Thanks 77ChevySharkBite! I must say it's good to be apart of this. And no worries about the long post I enjoy reading them.

I totally respect where you're coming from, I understand what you're saying. My plans so far are for this to be a nice show truck, but more so just a really nice truck that I can drive every now and then, but definitely not a daily driver. So I guess I'm aiming for somewhere in between a show truck and a nice ride.

In terms of paint I've been thinking solid orange, or orange with the white strip on the inside of the trim, or red with the white strip on the trim.

Other than that my only major plans is a wooden bed lining, and a nice set of pipes. I'm not thinking of any major modifications to the motor or body.

I'll post pictures of the interior soon! I have them but they're on my old phone so I'll take some tomorrow and upload them!

Last edited by Theoriginalsilverado; 11-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Theoriginalsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Theoriginalsilverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Betty View Post
I agree. Buildnit to your taste. Eeryone is different as is there taste so their truck should be too!! Honestly... Betternjeep the woodgrain paneling. Definitely unique.
Yeah 79Betty I agree... but the wood graining on the exterior would need replacement and I don't exactly love the combination of that with a color, however I'll be keeping all the wood grain interior! Love that!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoriginalsilverado View Post
Thanks 77ChevySharkBite! I must say it's good to be apart of this. And no worries about the long post I enjoy reading them.

I totally respect where you're coming from, I understand what you're saying. My plans so far are for this to be a nice show truck, but more so just a really nice truck that I can drive every now and then, but definitely not a daily driver. So I guess I'm aiming for somewhere in between a show truck and a nice ride.

In terms of paint I've been thinking solid orange, or orange with the white strip on the inside of the interior, or red with the white strip on the interior.

Other than that my only major plans is a wooden bed lining, and a nice set of pipes. I'm not thinking of any major modifications to the motor or body.

I'll post pictures of the interior soon! I have them but they're on my old phone so I'll take some tomorrow and upload them!
Then as a suggestion with what details you've given, I would do a simple drop say 3/5 or 4/6 put some different tires and wheels unless you like the ones you have then just different tires and then just kind of clean everything else up make the engine bay look nice and tidy get rid of unwanted wires etc. Definitely invest money into making it handle better. There's a lot to do and I'm sure everyone will chime in on what can or can't be done but for me if you were going middle just drop it a little give it a better lower stance, exhaust, and better ride and done.

I wouldn't mind seeing a solid orange, actually there's truck on here that's actually orange and white I'll find the link but that's what I would do especially if your going to do a seat with orange and white, or red and white I would have it match but again that's my taste and my style. The wooden bed is a classic and would look sharp.

Cool man can't wait to see them! Your truck is a great start. Sit back and enjoy the truck it'll be a blast to own and probably an addiction

Here's the link my favorite orange and white truck! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=599607

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 11-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
Theoriginalsilverado

Quote:
Then as a suggestion with what details you've given, I would do a simple drop say 3/5 or 4/6 put some different tires and wheels unless you like the ones you have then just different tires and then just kind of clean everything else up make the engine bay look nice and tidy get rid of unwanted wires etc. Definitely invest money into making it handle better. There's a lot to do and I'm sure everyone will chime in on what can or can't be done but for me if you were going middle just drop it a little give it a better lower stance, exhaust, and better ride and done.

I wouldn't mind seeing a solid orange, actually there's truck on here that's actually orange and white I'll find the link but that's what I would do especially if your going to do a seat with orange and white, or red and white I would have it match but again that's my taste and my style. The wooden bed is a classic and would look sharp.

Cool man can't wait to see them! Your truck is a great start. Sit back and enjoy the truck it'll be a blast to own and probably an addiction

Here's the link my favorite orange and white truck! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=599607
Yeah I'd like to drop it a little, not too much, and I'm not sure if I will, depending on what it would cost me. But I'm definitely looking to do everything else you suggested.

And in terms of paint it'll be the last thing for me to do, and I may change my mind by then, but I'm especially liking the orange with white. Which is odd because red and white was always my favorite.

I really love the truck in your link also! Very good looking! Thanks for the help!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoriginalsilverado View Post
Yeah I'd like to drop it a little, not too much, and I'm not sure if I will, depending on what it would cost me. But I'm definitely looking to do everything else you suggested.

And in terms of paint it'll be the last thing for me to do, and I may change my mind by then, but I'm especially liking the orange with white. Which is odd because red and white was always my favorite.

I really love the truck in your link also! Very good looking! Thanks for the help!
I understand sometimes you do have to do things on a budget so no worries.

Yeah red, blue, and black are probably my 3 top favorite colors.

I wish it was mine, but yes indeed it's a sharp looking truck. No problem at all I have a c10 so not everything is the same between our trucks, but if you ever have any questions shoot me a PM and I'll answer it the best I can or direct you in the direction someone else might be able to answer it better.

Don't ever forgot about the infamous Craigslist you can find great deals on there as well. Also use these 2 links as well they can be very helpful as well we have some great vendors on here with great products, and also check out the classifieds sometimes you can find things you need for a good deal. The first link is for our vendors the 2nd one will be our classifieds

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=5

We here on the forum have some great and knowledgeable guys on here so hope you here for a while and don't think any question is stupid don't be afraid to ask again we're all very helpful and try to help out each other no matter how big or small the matter.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
cadillac_al

I think these trucks look best in factory colors myself. I just painted mine and I was undecided between med lime or 1977 Russet. I went with Russet and it is pretty orange looking. Here are the factory colors.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisp...c&info=&page=6

I was trying to copy nutsforchevys:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=333368&page=5

Oh, Welcome, it looks like you found a nice one.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Theoriginalsilverado

Quote:
I understand sometimes you do have to do things on a budget so no worries.

Yeah red, blue, and black are probably my 3 top favorite colors.

I wish it was mine, but yes indeed it's a sharp looking truck. No problem at all I have a c10 so not everything is the same between our trucks, but if you ever have any questions shoot me a PM and I'll answer it the best I can or direct you in the direction someone else might be able to answer it better.

Don't ever forgot about the infamous Craigslist you can find great deals on there as well. Also use these 2 links as well they can be very helpful as well we have some great vendors on here with great products, and also check out the classifieds sometimes you can find things you need for a good deal. The first link is for our vendors the 2nd one will be our classifieds

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=5

We here on the forum have some great and knowledgeable guys on here so hope you here for a while and don't think any question is stupid don't be afraid to ask again we're all very helpful and try to help out each other no matter how big or small the matter.
Thanks so much man! I'll be sure to do that, and I'll check out the links you included. It seems like I've found a treasure chest of knowledge and help. Thanks for the help because I think you and I both have the healthy addiction to the beauty we see in a vehicle. Magnificent isn't it?

Again thanks and I look forward to you helping me with any future troubles or questions I have. The best of luck to you and your trucks!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #11
Theoriginalsilverado

[IMG][/IMG]

http://i44.tinypic.com/2qkidu9.jpg

Here's some pictures of the interior. Other than the cracked dashboard and the melted steering wheel, everything's in perfect shape.