The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2023, 09:34 PM   #26
NDM

Re: Half cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
First of all let me say, I mean no disrespect by this question...
What is the obsession with a half cab for a Blazer?
It essentially converts it to a single cab pickup and leaves the entire rear area exposed to the elements.
Also it's ironic that Greenback TN was mentioned....I live about 6 miles from there. The entire town is all of 2 blocks long...but...they do have a post office...
I am almost 45. I will answer this my way.
I want a half cab because I want a way to drive mine every day without having to worry about weather. I also live in the western Burbs of Chicago so weather is an issue. If I had the half top it would be much easier to take the top on and off. If I had the half top, I would also make a custom tonneau type cover for the back and change the rear seats to fold down under the cover.

As much as I love my Blazer, I have to admit that the fiberglass top is a bit of a pain in the man parts. I do not really want a soft top that much. Not to mention they are a bunch of cash.

I really want to use my metal shaper skills to make a custom aluminum full top and a half top. That would be really ideal. Partly because my blazer top never even keeps the interior dry and I want to make a new top to actually seal the darn thing up for once like a normal car. I make custom stuff out of sheet metal like motorcycle tanks, car parts and stuff. I would love to challenge myself to make a replica top out of aluminum! Same shape and everything but made without the issues that the fiberglass one has.

Maybe I just make a carbon fiber replica!?! I work with it too!
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #27
Rem701

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDM View Post
I am almost 45. I will answer this my way.
I want a half cab because I want a way to drive mine every day without having to worry about weather. I also live in the western Burbs of Chicago so weather is an issue. If I had the half top it would be much easier to take the top on and off. If I had the half top, I would also make a custom tonneau type cover for the back and change the rear seats to fold down under the cover.

As much as I love my Blazer, I have to admit that the fiberglass top is a bit of a pain in the man parts. I do not really want a soft top that much. Not to mention they are a bunch of cash.

I really want to use my metal shaper skills to make a custom aluminum full top and a half top. That would be really ideal. Partly because my blazer top never even keeps the interior dry and I want to make a new top to actually seal the darn thing up for once like a normal car. I make custom stuff out of sheet metal like motorcycle tanks, car parts and stuff. I would love to challenge myself to make a replica top out of aluminum! Same shape and everything but made without the issues that the fiberglass one has.

Maybe I just make a carbon fiber replica!?! I work with it too!
I want a half cab also for the reasons you just outlined, including the tonneau cover add on. Have you attempted the replica yet? I am interested to see what you come up with.
Rem701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:51 PM   #28
52napco

Welcome to Tennessee.. I have a farm in east TN also and love it there. and thankfully it doesn't sound like you are "aheem" (redneck clears throat) a stupid liberal lol
52napco is offline   Reply With Quote