The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2023, 01:57 PM   #51
pjmoreland

Re: Subscribed Threads in Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We have test accounts on every tier. As far as I know they all work.
This stuff is above my pay grade. I just try to answer to what I know
I am sure Josh will reply soon
Ok, cool. Are the test accounts using email addresses that are handled by your own email service that is maybe running on the same server as this website? I'm wondering if the problem would manifest itself on one of those test accounts if you used an external email address for it, such as gmail.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:09 PM   #52
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Ok, cool. Are the test accounts using email addresses that are handled by your own email service that is maybe running on the same server as this website? I'm wondering if the problem would manifest itself on one of those test accounts if you used an external email address for it, such as gmail.
not on this server. I use gmail and get everything. I appreciate the suggestions.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:19 PM   #53
pjmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
not on this server. I use gmail and get everything. I appreciate the suggestions.
Our email server at my work got hacked recently, and the perpetrator put in mail flow rules that blocked all traffic to and from external domains. We could still email each other within the company with those rules in place. We had to delete all existing rules, which was painful, because now we are back to getting tons of junk emails. I had probably 50 rules in there that are now gone. I'm slowly rebuilding them.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:26 PM   #54
dmjlambert

Email notifications for PM's are working. It would be nice if we could get email notifications for subscribed threads as well. It appears email from the forum servers works, but there is something disabled or broken about notification for threads. There may be exceptions for administrators, I don't know. Perhaps if Liz or Josh could create a normal user account here on the forum using yahoo mail or gmail or something like that it would help with troubleshooting. If yahoo mail is not supported for thread notification and is only supported for PM notifications, I can change my email service. I would really just like to get it going again. My email is not having trouble receiving from other forums and other email users.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #55
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Email notifications for PM's are working. It would be nice if we could get email notifications for subscribed threads as well. It appears email from the forum servers works, but there is something disabled or broken about notification for threads. There may be exceptions for administrators, I don't know. Perhaps if Liz or Josh could create a normal user account here on the forum using yahoo mail or gmail or something like that it would help with troubleshooting. If yahoo mail is not supported for thread notification and is only supported for PM notifications, I can change my email service. I would really just like to get it going again. My email is not having trouble receiving from other forums and other email users.
Please read my posts above
Old 02-11-2023, 04:54 PM   #56
dmjlambert

Yes I read that, thanks. I don't think I understand it. Do your posts mean that you don't think there is anything wrong? Or you do think something is wrong and may be fixed in the future?
Old 02-11-2023, 05:27 PM   #57
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

I am looking into it all. It is working for me with gmail, hotmail, and server email addresses. I i had to disabled certain mail functions, however it should not have affected subscribed threads. I will go through and re-submit requests to the affected mail providers to make sure they arent erroneously blocking the emails due to them being perceived as spam.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 05:51 PM   #58
dmjlambert

Thanks much Josh. I volunteer my account if it helps you to monitor my account, subscribe to threads with my account, point my account to another email address and do some experimenting.
Old 02-11-2023, 05:55 PM   #59
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Thanks much Josh. I volunteer my account if it helps you to monitor my account, subscribe to threads with my account, point my account to another email address and do some experimenting.
Thank you for the offer. It however doesn't seem to be an account level issue. It seems more that certain providers have flagged headers due to larger amounts if mail going to certain accounts.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 06:16 PM   #60
dmjlambert

I changed my email to a gmail account in case that would help.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:55 AM   #61
Hammered 77

Thanks Josh and Liz for all you do to keep things running. Is the not receiving notices for subscribed posts and my having to log in every time two different issues or are they tied together to the same issue?
Rick
Hammered 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:00 PM   #62
402Bowtie

Just going to add my 2 cents experience. I agree the issue isn't related to membership level... I've experienced the issue as high octane and premium.

Like others, I don't receive email updates for subscribed threads, but I do receive email updates for private messages.

I am using a Gmail account.
402Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:04 AM   #63
Lost in the 60's

Seems to be an issue with vbulletin solutions. I am on several other forums and the only other one with the same issue is another vbulletin solutions host.
Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:22 AM   #64
Chaparralman1974

I can confirm that I only get emails on PM's as well. Nothing on any of the threads that I subscribe to. I also use Gmail.

Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 03:25 PM   #65
Don D

I have not got e-mail notifications on any my threads for quite awhile now. I also would sure like to get them again. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Don D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 12:40 AM   #66
dmjlambert

Hi,

I'm just checking in as well. It would be nice to get that fixed. Pretty please. The email notifications are essential for some folks, and for others they don't use that feature. I am one who relies on the notifications. I would like to be able to place an ad in the parts section and be notified when somebody replies to it.

I switched to a gmail account in hopes it would work, because Liz mentioned using gmail and the test accounts work. But, no, for me there are absolutely no thread subscription notifications, and PM notification emails always work. So there is a disconnect between PM and thread notifications in some way, perhaps those 2 functions are on separate services or servers or something. I would suggest creating a new test account and see about getting notifications for subscribed threads to work. Please let us know.

If there is another email provider that does get thread notifications it would be nice to know and then I can sign up with them. I have my own email service with domain scrapzap.com, there's only my wife, daughter, mother, and me on it and I set it up, but email notifications were not working for that address either, except PM notifications worked great.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:29 AM   #67
Getter-Done

I am subscribed to 2 threads with a weekly notification.

And I receive those on Sunday,
if there has been a post made in those 2 threads.

It is only the instant ones I don't receive.

Thanks Liz and Josh.

I know yall are working on it when you have time.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:19 PM   #68
dmjlambert

That is interesting. So I may change my subscriptions for some threads to make them something other than instant notification, I will try that.

I would also like to mention that the email with subject "Action Required to Verify Email Change for The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network" does get sent/received just fine.

The problem is narrowing down, perhaps it is only the instant notifications on thread subscriptions that is broken, and everything else is working.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:23 PM   #69
dmjlambert

OK, so that fixed it for me. I changed my default subscription to daily instead of instant, and changed a few of my existing subscriptions to daily instead of instant. I get notifications just fine. I would prefer to get instant notifications someday, but for now it appears that feature is broken.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:23 PM   #70
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Makes no sense. Toggle! Lol. I an glad that works , but i get instant ones. This one for instance. Try putting one back to instant and test it
Old 03-10-2023, 12:19 AM   #71
dmjlambert

Well OK, I unsubscribed to this thread and re-subscribed with instant notice. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:48 AM   #72
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Curious for result
Old 03-10-2023, 08:33 AM   #73
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I switched mine to daily from instant a couple days ago and still do not get any notifications. I still have to open the forums and click on user cp to see if there are any replies to threads I am subscribed to.

Edit to say I just went back to change it again and either I did not hit save when I changed it to Daily or it reverted on its own, so I just changed beck to daily again to see if it makes a difference.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 12:47 PM   #74
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Keep us updated
Old 03-10-2023, 09:47 PM   #75
Getter-Done

I changed this thread and( Ok kids, roadtrip time ) thread to daily notifications.

I am getting e-mail alerts for these two now.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote