The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
cajundragger

measurements...

just looking for some help....I need anyone who has a 47-54 truck to measure from the bottom of the running boards to the bottom of the frame...Im going to do a custom frame for my '52 and Im going to drop the frame down after the front crossmemberkinda like a one sided "z", so that the frame lays on the ground level with the running boards...but my truck is half assembled so I dont really have accurate measurements. So if a couple of yall could get some measurements and post them, hopefully they will all match each other, and what I measure on my truck and I can go ahead and bust out a frame.

Thanks
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
cajundragger

Re: measurements...

so using a friend and a piece of string across the lowest part of each running board bracket, I measure about 4.25 at the front, 4.5 in the middle, and 5 in the back...kind of weird. I have to get a new frame to start with anyways, so I think I will place my 2x4 rails 1 inch above the lowest part of the running board mounts...this should ensure I will lay running board...thoughts?

And for the guys who saw my other thread...I decide to keep the running boards, and go with a stockish body for right now....not sure what the future may bring though...
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote