The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #1
Blue/72

Detail day

Got the green truck all washed and waxed ready to go away for the winter hopefully the weather will clear up enough for another drive! I don't know if anybody here has used Adams polishes and if not I highly recommend them! Some of the best product I have used and their stuff works great
Attached Images

•1972 Cheyenne Super. Sold
Blue/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:59 PM   #2
LongBox

Re: Detail day

Greetings from another Adams user. I took a BMW I owned to a BMW car show, mainly thinking of selling it. The regional Adams rep, who also details cars for a living, was there. I had an issue with the paint on one door, and he came over, clayed the door, machine polished and sealed it. I was very impressed, and called him to come over to my house.

Long story short, I bought a Porter Cable 7424, lots of polish, paint sealant, detail spray, vinyl dressing, etc. The polisher makes it possible to get professional results without wrecking your arms, and although I suspect most of the major brands car detailing products are equally good, I like the service i got from the rep.

And hey! the products smell good too! LOL

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
Blue/72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBox View Post
Greetings from another Adams user. I took a BMW I owned to a BMW car show, mainly thinking of selling it. The regional Adams rep, who also details cars for a living, was there. I had an issue with the paint on one door, and he came over, clayed the door, machine polished and sealed it. I was very impressed, and called him to come over to my house.

Long story short, I bought a Porter Cable 7424, lots of polish, paint sealant, detail spray, vinyl dressing, etc. The polisher makes it possible to get professional results without wrecking your arms, and although I suspect most of the major brands car detailing products are equally good, I like the service i got from the rep.

And hey! the products smell good too! LOL
Yeah they smell great! I have the porter cable as well, I have used it on a few cars to wax but haven't gotten to buff a car yet and am exited to see what it will do!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
jeh

I'll have to confess, I'm a user also!!!!!
I have filled the cabinet up since this pic was taken

By the way, your truck looks great
Attached Images

'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

MY BUILD THREAD http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=612623
jeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
Leonard60

Can you tell me? What is this claying the door refuring to I've heard of claying but have no clue what it is or what your doing.
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #6
LongBox

Claying refers to rubbing the finish with a small bar of clay that has been softened up in your hands. It picks the bits of dirt and impurities that washing leaves behind. You can feel the impurities in the finish by wrapping your hand in a plastic bag, and rubbing it over the finish.

So, I wash, then clay, then polish, then glaze, then seal or wax. With a polisher, it's easy, and makes your truck look fantastic.

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:28 PM   #7
Leonard60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBox View Post
Claying refers to rubbing the finish with a small bar of clay that has been softened up in your hands. It picks the bits of dirt and impurities that washing leaves behind. You can feel the impurities in the finish by wrapping your hand in a plastic bag, and rubbing it over the finish.

So, I wash, then clay, then polish, then glaze, then seal or wax. With a polisher, it's easy, and makes your truck look fantastic.
Thanks for the information
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #8
Blue/72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
I'll have to confess, I'm a user also!!!!!
I have filled the cabinet up since this pic was taken

By the way, your truck looks great
Thanks! Here it is in the cabinet. I just ordered 3 mystery boxes and am super exited to see what they hold!
Attached Images