The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
nds1968

Exclamation Another Classic Performance Products complaint (CPP)

About 8-10 weeks ago maybe even more I ordered a set of modular spindles from Porterbuilt. They were dropped shipped from Cpp to my house.

The spindles appear to have been used for mock up. The one spindle has rust on it and the other one had grease all over it like a rotor has been installed. I wiped the grease off but it is still in the key way and where the cotter pin goes. There are also some marks maybe from a hammer or maybe all the new spindles have the marks.

Now the spindles are still perfectly usable but I expected new, unmolested spindles when I purchased them. I was a little ticked when I seen this but I never mentioned it to Porterbuilt or Cpp until a few days ago. I was cleaning my garage and I started to get ticked again so I PM'd CPPJEFF to let him aware of what they shipped me.
Attached Images

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers

Last edited by N2TRUX; 03-18-2013 at 10:17 AM.
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
nds1968

Re: Another Classic Performance Products complaint

More pics
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
nds1968

So I PM'd CPPJEFF

Hi Jeff,
I would like to say thanks for trying to help everyone. It seems as though all you get is slack and your the punching bag for CPP

The thing is that I purchased a set of modular spindles from a board vendor. They were dropped shipped from CPP and they are obviously used or returned spindles. The one spindle has surface rust on it and the other one looks as though it was mounted. It has marks on it and the shaft has grease all over it.

This is no big deal but when I spend my money for a new product I expect brand new unmolested parts.
Thanks, Nate

Nate no big deal on people throwing punches at me! LOL On a serious note what vendor sold you some used spindles? They dont leave our facility like that. (sent by Jeff)

Jeff,
Thanks for getting back to me. I purchased them from Porterbuilt but I am pretty sure they where drop shipped from your facility. I never brought this to the attention of Porterbuilt so they no nothing about it. I am going to email you some pics.
Much appreciated, Nate

I replied to the e-mail you sent. (sent by Jeff)

Last edited by nds1968; 05-18-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
nds1968

So i e-mailed Jeff and Dave Porter pictures

Hey Jeff Cpp and Dave Porter
Here are some pics of the spindles. I wiped the greases off of the spindles previously but you can see it in the key way and hole for the cotter pin.

Here is CPPJEFF's response
Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!

Jeff,
Just because your boss may frown upon shipping out products in this condition doesn't keep it from happening. I have nothing to gain from this other than aggravation. I started a thread in the review board http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=525288
Thanks, Nate

Last edited by nds1968; 05-18-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds1968 View Post
So i e-mailed Jeff and Dave Porter pictures

Hey Jeff Cpp and Dave Porter
Here are some pics of the spindles. I wiped the greases off of the spindles previously but you can see it in the key way and hole for the cotter pin.

Here is CPPJEFF's response
Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!

Jeff,
Just because your boss may frown upon shipping out products in this condition doesn't keep it from happening. I have nothing to gain from this other than aggravation. I started a thread in the review board http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=525288
Thanks, Nate
Ok so how does any of this thread fix the issue? Do these members have the ability to ship you a new spindle? I responded to you like normal and you started a thread over a spindle that looks like it came off the ocean floor? Once you are finished getting everyones opinion on what the think happened or whatever you are waiting for get in contact with me so we can get you helped out.. Thanks
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
nds1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Ok so how does any of this thread fix the issue? Do these members have the ability to ship you a new spindle? I responded to you like normal and you started a thread over a spindle that looks like it came off the ocean floor? Once you are finished getting everyones opinion on what the think happened or whatever you are waiting for get in contact with me so we can get you helped out.. Thanks
I started this thread because of your response. At first you pointed at the vendor even though I told you these where dropped shipped from CPP. Then I'm not sure what you meant by "Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!" are you saying that I did this?

There doesn't seem to be any accountability on CPP and you didn't offer to make this better until I started this thread. This thread is more geared at helping CPP rather than me. You guys have a lot of nice products and the next time I make a purchase I don't want this to happen again.

To answer your last email: Yes, I guess I am just venting and will probably wire wheel these. I said earlier that it wasn't really a big deal and the spindles are still usable. I just wanted to show you that something went wrong on your guys end.

Jeff, I hope you understand that nothing is personal towards you as I believe that you are only following CPP guidelines.

Thanks, Nate

Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
I started this thread because of your response. At first you pointed at the vendor even though I told you these where dropped shipped from CPP. Then I'm not sure what you meant by "Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!" are you saying that I did this?

There doesn't seem to be any accountability on CPP and you didn't offer to make this better until I started this thread. This thread is more geared at helping CPP rather than me. You guys have a lot of nice products and the next time I make a purchase I don't want this to happen again.

To answer your last email: Yes, I guess I am just venting and will probably wire wheel these. I said earlier that it wasn't really a big deal and the spindles are still usable. I just wanted to show you that something went wrong on your guys end.

Jeff, I hope you understand that nothing is personal towards you as I believe that you are only following CPP guidelines.

Thanks, Nate
Nate check this out bro, the topic of this is called "Another Classic Performance Products Complaint" and i have worked here a long time and i do take this a bit personal. When i quoted what i said i thought were were going o have a series of e-mail exchanges and see what you expected and also try to figure out what caused this for the next customer, you did not reply back you brought it to the boards. I am not mad just really think this could have been resolved between you and me. Seriously let me know what you think is fair and lets make sure you are another happy CPP customer. Thanks bro!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
nds1968

Here was your response in the email with the pictures "Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!"

Can yo dissect this quote and show me where you are trying to help? What kind of response did you expect?

I just wanted to show you what was sent to me so that it doesn't happen to someone else.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Here was your response in the email with the pictures "Damn bro there is no way we would ship something like that, my boss would have a fit! That’s really weird to say the least!"

Can yo dissect this quote and show me where you are trying to help? What kind of response did you expect?

I just wanted to show you what was sent to me so that it doesn't happen to someone else.
Same thing my boss said when i showed him what i told you, i dunno i guess i was expecting you to say something like " i dont know either, guess i will go out in the garage and hit them with the wire wheel" my appologies for sounding like it was a closed door comment. On a serious note we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and although we have no idea how this happened we will start indiidually bagging them. Thanks again for your feedback.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Isn't there a way to track where this box came from?

I recieved a set of Belltech spindles once from Jegs, that were obviously an "installed and returned" set.
I called them on the phone and they sent out a new set with a "pick ticket" for the old set.
No questions asked.
I don't understand how all of this is a mystery?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Isn't there a way to track where this box came from?

I recieved a set of Belltech spindles once from Jegs, that were obviously an "installed and returned" set.
I called them on the phone and they sent out a new set with a "pick ticket" for the old set.
No questions asked.
I don't understand how all of this is a mystery?
Right on bro glad to hear everything worked out for you! You dont know how all this is a mystery?? Well lets see..... We ship new parts out on a daily basis and when something comes up like this we want to get the customer taken care of and also do the research so we can continue to better CPP for the next customer.

Last edited by CPPJEFF; 05-22-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Right on bro glad to hear everything worked out for you! You dont know how all this is a mystery?? Well lets see..... We ship new parts out on a daily basis and when something comes up like this we want to get the customer taken care of and also do the research so we can continue to better CPP for the next customer.
So you replaced these spindles for the originator of this post?
My point is,... they shipped from your address to his address.
He opens the box.
They look like crap.
Who else could have done it?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
So you replaced these spindles for the originator of this post?
My point is,... they shipped from your address to his address.
He opens the box.
They look like crap.
Who else could have done it?
I sent him an e-mail as we figured out what heppened and the spindles will now be bagged when they leave here. The spindles are not used, we use a liquid chemical that turns into packaging foam and if the bag breaks this liquid will get on spindles and cause surface rust. If he wants a new set of spindles i will send him a set. There are perameters for better trying to understand what happened so we can fix he issue once and for all. This is a success story, he brought it to our attention we ran an investigation and have figured out the culprit and now we will bag them before they are shipped and problem solved.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
nds1968

So I talked to Jeff on the phone Friday. I do believe they may be right by saying the bag broke and the foam liquid caused the rust. I remember when I pulled the top foam bag out of the box it was ripped and the foam was showing.

He offered to replace the spindles with a new set but instead of wasted money on freight he sold me a set of rotors with a deep discounted price.

I will just clean these spindles up with a wire wheel or give them a quick blast.

Thanks, Nate

Old 05-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
So I talked to Jeff on the phone Friday. I do believe they may be right by saying the bag broke and the foam liquid caused the rust. I remember when I pulled the top foam bag out of the box it was ripped and the foam was showing.

He offered to replace the spindles with a new set but instead of wasted money on freight he sold me a set of rotors with a deep discounted price.

I will just clean these spindles up with a wire wheel or give them a quick blast.

Thanks, Nate
Guys Nate was a really big help in solving this issue so i was excited to help him in return. I told Nate why the heck should we give the money to UPS on moving spindles around! Nate said he needed a set of drilled and slotted rotors so i gave him a nice discount on a set and that was that. Guys seriously i have said it a million times.... I am here to help you guys, lets just keep it real! Most stories end like this as long as we all just keep a level head!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
DURG

I just got my set of CPP Modular drop spindles for my 65 C-10 today and they are NOT individually bagged, or bagged in any way whatsoever. They are in individual boxes inside a single larger box. Both smaller boxes were open at the top and the spindles are just laying in there on top of some gray foam. There was no foam on top of the spindles, they were just laying in the open box. They both have minor scratches on the spindle pin both in the bearing surfaces and outside those areas. The threads did have small plastic caps on them which were intact. This appears to be an example of what the vendor thinks is happening to parts being shipped out of their facility might not actually be the case. No rust on them though. This stuff is so expensive to ship around, I would recomend much better packaging.

Last edited by DURG; 06-25-2012 at 09:11 PM.
DURG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURG View Post
I just got my set of CPP Modular drop spindles for my 65 C-10 today and they are NOT individually bagged, or bagged in any way whatsoever. They are in individual boxes inside a single larger box. Both smaller boxes were open at the top and the spindles are just laying in there on top of some gray foam. There was no foam on top of the spindles, they were just laying in the open box. They both have minor scratches on the spindle pin both in the bearing surfaces and outside those areas. The threads did have small plastic caps on them which were intact. This appears to be an example of what the vendor thinks is happening to parts being shipped out of their facility might not actually be the case. No rust on them though. This stuff is so expensive to ship around, I would recomend much better packaging.
Hey thanks for the headsup, i am sending this to upper management this morning. Very frustrating to go over the same issue more than once! Thanks bro!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
jmedero

I got my Cpp mod spindles in today and they were bagged and in perfect shape. That's called makin it happen. Thanks Jeff for all you do man.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedero View Post
I got my Cpp mod spindles in today and they were bagged and in perfect shape. That's called makin it happen. Thanks Jeff for all you do man.
Posted via Mobile Device
No sweat brutha! Glad it worked out!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
67ctener

Nice
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly

Last edited by 67ctener; 12-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote